Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    it means that no matter what happens in the telltale game it won't have any affect on the original minecraft game, since it's a sandbox
    so people don't suddenly start going "endermen are created by a god named X, the telltale game says so"
    As opposed to what, exactly? People are going "Endermen are created by Notch", now?

it also means that the telltale minecraft game is a standalone, has nothing to do with minecraft other than the graphics used
    This makes no sense. It's just an arbitrary statement you pulled out of your ass.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Microsoft remake of Minecraft where they make the game on actual code instead of the shit Java that it's built on, get rid of the pixel graphics and make it look a bit like Mario or something (although at the same time, knowing Microsoft, get rid of the ability to customize graphics), make the blocks a bit rounded here and there, but otherwise keep it as it is.

Don't get me wrong, I might play that. However, 7 Days to Die is starting to show us that you can make "realistic landscapes" and shit while still using the exact same block idea. I wouldn't mind Minecraft perhaps taking a step in that direction.
    Ha. Knowing MS they will rewrite the whole thing in C# (their Java clone; literally), as a take-that to Java and to promote C# - although it's probably a lost cause if they are aiming to unseat Java.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2014-12-19 at 03:27 PM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Star Trek, a Telltale adventure
    where do I sign up?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

That's a pretty tall order. It doesn't seem like something that'll play to Telltale's greatest strengths, but I'm sure they could at least make something entertaining out of it.
    Money, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    As opposed to what, exactly? People are going "Endermen are created by Notch", now?

This makes no sense. It's just an arbitrary statement you pulled out of your ass.
    as opposed to minecraft being a sandbox game meaning you make your own story, if the telltale game was canon it would destroy that

"Minecraft: Story Mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games set in the Minecraft universe, with a focus on an original story driven by player choice. It will not, however, be an 'official' story for Steve, nor will it explain the world of Minecraft in general."

i pulled it out my ass alright

it's just a game using the minecraft graphics/world to tell a story, since minecraft is a sandbox based game where you make up your own story they are free to do what they want

the story could have been told without using minecraft and it wouldn't change a thing
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2014-12-19 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    "Minecraft: Story Mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games set in the Minecraft universe, with a focus on an original story driven by player choice. It will not, however, be an 'official' story for Steve, nor will it explain the world of Minecraft in general."

i pulled it out my ass alright
    No. What you said was that the game is a "standalone", and that it has "nothing to do with Minecraft other than the graphics used", and all that is complete and utter bullshit pulled from the depths of your anus.

Is there any video of future gameplay ?

Quote Originally Posted by subert View Post
    Is there any video of future gameplay ?
    No. It's only been announced; no teaser, no nothing.

Deleted
    Well,here's this:

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/545605489435103232

Apparently there won't be any "official lore",and we'll be "free to interpret Minecraft as we want".

Deleted
    It's crazy. It's unexpected. It makes no sense. I love it. I hate it. It's ridiculous.. and I'll probably buy it because I've loved all of telltale's games so far (except borderlands, which I haven't looked at because I'm really burnt out on that franchise).

If nothing else you've got to give it to Telltale for keeping it original even whilst using existing franchises. Piggybacking off such a large playerbase and well known name but at the same time.... giving themselves complete freedom with story and characters, which is their strength.

I'm quite conflicted over whether something that when I initially heard it, seemed insane, will work.. but I guess that's part of the draw.