Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peg Ee View Post
    Of course, if there is a preferred/important kill order and the tank (or whoever) doesn't mark targets, you can be assured that if the kills happen in the right order, it was purely accidental.
    Totally agree ;-)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    If a bumblefuck uses a knockback in my dungeon, I remove them from it.

Lucky for me, I don't do trash dungeons alone because I have no need to and only run to help out people I know, so we always hold majority control.

So knock around all you idiots like, enjoy your wait in queue.

Use of knockback is a DPS loss for virtually everyone and is completely pointless in 5-mans.
    Dragon Roar would beg to differ.

I tanked during Wrath with a Shaman friend who loved their knockback. Learn to tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    STOP KNOCKING MOBS BACK!!
    Gorefiend's Grasp FTW for any DKs! Make friends with your favorite DK!
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10/10 for the bads defending using knockbacks that actually lose more DPS than any damage they gain by altering their position in a non-linear way. Then again, they did some heroics a few weeks ago and have normal highmaul experience, how could anyone argue with that!

Yeah, well, this knockback thing. It's a bit like farting in a crowded room: it's not like it's gonna seriosly harm anyone, but you still want to punch the person in the face for it. You've noticed the analogy: knocking mobs back - like farting - is something that assholes do. I find comfort in the thought that after they depart, they will suffer in hellfire eternally for their deplorable customs.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2014-12-23 at 04:55 AM.

It's way more annoying when playing Melee Dps

Dragon Roar would beg to differ.
    Dragon Roar doesn't count as a knockback (in the sense that it doesn't knock the mobs far away to affect you in any way).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    10/10 for the bads defending using knockbacks that actually lose more DPS than any damage they gain by altering their position in a non-linear way. Then again, they did some heroics a few weeks ago and have normal highmaul experience, how could anyone argue with that!
    I can only assume this was referring to me? Just because I said I was done with heroics (as I'm sure you are as well) doesn't mean I was trying to brag about clearing normals or raiding or whatever. Was just saying I had some experience clearing heroics and CMs, that's all. No need to bring up your big bad mythic experience just to put me in my place (as I assume you were trying to do, otherwise why bother mentioning it).

Maybe you can look past my casual raid progression (and it is casual, I have no qualms with that) and actually respond to the premise of my post which was:

"I have never, not once, in heroics or CMs, had a problem with mob positioning after a knockback effect."

... do you disagree with that word?

I wasn't saying you should pat people on the back for what you have accurately identified as a dps loss in the majority of scenarios, I was just saying that there are bigger issues to deal with - even within heroic dungeon groups.

its annoying as fuck, and people do it on purpose mostly, to grieve the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post

Dragon Roar doesn't count as a knockback (in the sense that it doesn't knock the mobs far away to affect you in any way).
    Oh okay. Good. So I can use Dragon Roar and if I get yelled at I will point them here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    People use it because Blizzard built it into their kit and it is one of their abilities.
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Eh, not really an issue I see much. Also Dragon Roar has a tiny knockback.

One thing I don't understand is tanks who don't interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    First, let me explain, for those that don't read blue posts not relating to your role(or at all), the current pathing of mobs is...different. Supposedly it is "better", but it is currently making positioning mobs more difficult than it has been lately.
    Simply lower latency. Or more accurately, actions are processed as soon as possible instead of in 200ms chunks or whatever it was.

Mobs have always jiggled around in that weird way, you're just noticing it more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    They really don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Feral that uses Typhoon to push mobs to the tank and interupt the casters so they go to the tank too, I also find it annoying when someone else pushes them away after my efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    People use it because Blizzard built it into their kit and it is one of their abilities.
    There is a lot of tools in my kit I could use. As a DPS I have access to a taunt, I should use that? As a Hunter, I have access to Barrage, I should use that to help pull the next 2 rooms for the tanks right?

What's really disappointing here is, it doesn't really matter if I have a tool and have the right to use it. With just a little respect for other players, I can choose to make things easier for other players or I can just do whatever makes me feel good about myself and tell everyone else to L2Play! It rarely cost me anything to not use a knockback. What argument are we using for "I must use X to knock the enemy 10 yards away from the tank?" If everyone was equally affected by knockbacks we would see far less use of them, but since casters rarely get affected, they have no reason to care about anything but themselves and it's disappointing to see that attitude is supported.

Deleted
    I usually try to use my interrupt/knockback to help the tank by getting casters to group up a bit. like, knocking casters towards the tank. Sometimes, I also use it as additional interrupt when my interrupt and stun are on CD.

Ofc, sometimes I bugger it up, but usually I don't^^

I got into a group in MoP and we kept trolling this ret. 4/5 were friends. We has Vortex, Typhoon, Trap knockback and gorefiends grasp.

It was fun. Ret would pop wings and we'd juggle them around, throw vortex down then trap them out, they'd yank back in, then grasp them back onto the healer who would then typhoon.

Maybe i'll get those friends to do this for random tanks.