When to switch rotations

How many targets do I need to have before switching to pure blood boil AoE rotation?
    Last edited by pallyballz; 2014-12-18 at 11:31 PM.

2 (the message I entered is too short)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    How many targets do I need to have before switching to pure blood boil AoE rotation?
    2 Targets, example Twin Ogron. BB Rotation all the way/Brackenspore when add is up, there is a lot of blood boiling in Highmaul :>

Im going to echo what the other posters have said but im going to toss actual numbers in here. (from my ogron logs)

BloodBoil Damage Per target per cast. ~11,000
    Scourge strike damage per cast (both halves) ~10,600+9,000

Single target SS will do ~19,600 damage per cast while Bloodboil will do ~11,000
    Two targets SS will continue to do ~19,600 while Bloodboil will do ~22,000 per cast.

Just before someone chews me out, im neglecting Necrosis as both abilities can Multistrike, however Bloodboil i believe can multistrike on a per target basis so it may become stronger via the necrosis passive aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    not only is the damage better but blood boil runes refresh as death so you dont need to fester at all
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunick View Post
    Just before someone chews me out, im neglecting Necrosis as both abilities can Multistrike, however Bloodboil i believe can multistrike on a per target basis so it may become stronger via the necrosis passive aswell.
    Both portions of a Scourge Strike's multistrike proc Necrosis, meaning a 2-target BB will have the exact same Necrosis damage as a single Scourge Strike.

As for the OP: Generally BB will beat ScS on 2 targets, but that's not categorically always the case - weapon ilevel and mastery affect the abilities differently and as such the balance can sway either way depending on situation.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

2+ is when blood boil spam is superior to normal rotation, so after first phase on tectus, mythic kargath/stands in kargath, brackenspore, twin ogron. I have somewhat llow mastery compared to my multi and this is still the case

Is this information for Unholy?
    Last edited by Pkey; 2014-12-29 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marex View Post
    You mean changing to Frost presence while on 2+ adds ? Why did I never thought of this... FML.

Is this viable for UH with 415 mastery and 470 haste, for example ?
    why change to frost presence during BB spam?

Deleted
    Nevermind, I need to L2R.

Deleted
    Slightly unrelated, but is there a similar situation on fights like Twin Ogron for Frost DKs? Should we be prioritising HBs? What about the difference between 2H and DW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8arrett View Post
    Slightly unrelated, but is there a similar situation on fights like Twin Ogron for Frost DKs? Should we be prioritising HBs? What about the difference between 2H and DW?
    Sadly HB deals less dmg than BB, im pretty sure this is NOT intended. Only rime proccs deals more damage.