Deleted

2 quick questions for Subtelty

Hi, just wondering if i can get a bit of help from people who know.

I`ve recently switched to sub for single target fights , and everything seems good, just 2 things i`ve not really seen a definitive answer for.

1, OH weapon - What i read is that i should just equip the highest ilvl weapon i have in my OH , in my case it would be a 670 Axe, which even has mastery / multi as 2nd stats , so all should be great . But the other rogue in our comp feels i should be equipping my only other dagger i have in my OH, a 630.

Is a dagger required for Oh, or am i correct going for my higher damage Axe?

2. Hemo in rotation, can i leave it out entirely? or should i be keeping it up as much as possible? i`ve read arguments for both and not really sure which i should be doing.

1. Highest Ilvl > weapon speed or socket > stats

2. Hemo is mostly utility at this point for sanguinary veins honestly. For example, if you have 1 second left on find weakness, backstab instead of hemo.

Deleted
    Hemo gets more valuable the more multistrike you have.

It used to be dagger OH always (I forget why, something like AP scaling off MH but poison application rates being better with a fast OH), but I've heard this is no longer the case. Haven't actually seen evidence though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the sims (they are in a somewhere in another thread here) and same ilvl slower offhand works out to just under 100 dps loss. However, when I compared 670 slow OH vs 630 dagger, slow OH pulled about 200-300 dps more. So yes, higher ilvl > speed

Forget Hemo for dps.

Higher iLvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkao View Post
    Forget Hemo for dps.

Higher iLvl.

Pretty much what ive been doing. Ok, thanks for the replies.

Deleted
    From my experience my slow 670 offhand was actually a large dps loss over my 630 dagger according to sims I did, dont have them anymore as lack of another dagger is no longer an issue but I strongly recommend using 2 daggers due to the damage increase on ambush and the fact that the OH weapon dps is actually a very low priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I found my sims and indeed, the slow offhand is ahead.

630 dagger OH
    630 slow OH
    670 slow OH

Quote Originally Posted by Sprizzmode View Post
    From my experience my slow 670 offhand was actually a large dps loss over my 630 dagger according to sims I did, dont have them anymore as lack of another dagger is no longer an issue but I strongly recommend using 2 daggers due to the damage increase on ambush and the fact that the OH weapon dps is actually a very low priority.
    The only damage that offhands provide as sub is auto attack damage and poison procs. Having a slow weapon in the offhand does not decrease Ambush damage.

Seeing as the instant portion of Deadly Poison only makes up 3-4% of your damage, while offhand auto attacks make up 8-10% of your damage, it does not take very much of an item level difference for slow offhands to win.

Deleted
    I just thought I'd chip in with a question after reading this, I have available to me a heroic Bladefist and a normal warforged axe from twins,
    normally i'd just go with weapon damage but I thought maybe it may sway towards the axe due to it having mastery/multi
    Can't sim right now unfortunately, any ideas?

Deleted
    in 99% cases higher ilvl item provides better sim results than lower ilvl item with better stats simply because higher ilvl item has more agility.

stick with heroic bladefist