Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Am I the only crane weaver fighting in Mythic raid?

Currently my progress is M1 and M5. Both FD with crane weaver.
    It's hard for me to make HPS compatitive with other healers. My best HPS in M5 is 32K (iLv 653), with 10K DPS.
    Looks like most of mistweavers fear of crane stance, but I still believe crane is useful for lots of Mystic combats.
    I also made a WA sequence similar like lighting-weaver in MOP. It can guide you next skill to cast, letting you concentrate on more important things. If any one has interest on this, I can post it here.
    Last edited by MagicRen; 2015-01-08 at 07:04 AM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gueess I am slightly confused with you saying you're using Crane stance and that you believe its useful, but then saying you're unable to compete with other healers. I am likely misundertanding, but thats how I'm reading it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Mythic?

Also, If a raid needs more hps, they invite better healers. If a raid needs more dps, they invite better dps'ers. Been long since hybrids were a thing in wow.

please do, i have not found it that beneficial yet, most of the fights i am better off mist weaving because we need the throughput, maybe with some gear it might help,

side note: wasnt one of the many monk nerfs recently to the damage increase from RSK, which effectively reduced the healing done by the 5-10%?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Sorry for the confusing. I believe crane is useful because it's HPS is better than I expected. 32K HPS in M5 for iLv 653 MW, already comparable with lots of serpent weavers. While I outputed about 4.7M total damage on the Twin which helps my raid kill them in 7:12 minutes.
    But I have to say crane is too hard to play in this 6.0, we paid too much but don't get enough benifit.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRen View Post
    Sorry for the confusing. I believe crane is useful because it's HPS is better than I expected. 32K HPS in M5 for iLv 653 MW, already comparable with lots of serpent weavers. While I outputed about 4.7M total damage on the Twin which helps my raid kill them in 7:12 minutes.
    But I have to say crane is too hard to play in this 6.0, we paid too much but don't get enough benifit.
    Crane stance isn't meant as a 100% healer. It's meant for periods of light damage that you can switch back and forth between. Mistweavers are very strong right now still in just their casting spec. The issue comes when you start to switch between the two in a given fight because of the effort needed to get them rolling. With MW, you need to get as many Renewing mists as possible out. With Fistweaving, you need to get RSK up, TP up, BoK up, and then heal, while getting the chi for it all, and switching can be very clunky.

So, ultimately, Fistweaving is actually pretty good for it's intended use. And Mistweavers are very strong right now in raids. But combining them together causes the spec to get sort of clunky.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Monks aren't DESIGNED to be spending 100% of the time in Crane Stance, especially in Mythic. It just doesn't have enough throughput to do so.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing some logs of you doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Yeah, I know the design. But frequently switching between stance also costy. So I want to dig deep in crane stance, see what it can do.
    I have some logs(M1 & M5 and all H), but it's in Chinese. I think it useless for you guys....

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know the design. But frequently switching between stance also costy. So I want to dig deep in crane stance, see what it can do.
    I have some logs(M1 & M5 and all H), but it's in Chinese. I think it useless for you guys....
    If you could still link it, I'm sure I can find a method of page translation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

I supose in theory it could be used for something like Butcher, fistweave till 30% to help beat the enrage then swap to mist for the frenzy

Deleted
    You are not alone

I do craneweaving if my healingbuddys can handle the incoming damage.
    We are working in M5 at the moment and it's nice to hand out some extra dps to support the raid.

Would be nice to See your WA setup.

Deleted
    I've got a monk that's sitting at 90 waiting for Fistweaving to be buffed. I really want to see these logs. OP better deliver.

Currently my progress is M1 and M5. Both FD with crane weaver.
    It's hard for me to make HPS compatitive with other healers. My best HPS in M5 is 32K (iLv 653), with 10K DPS.
    Looks like most of mistweavers fear of crane stance, but I still believe crane is useful for lots of Mystic combats.
    I also made a WA sequence similar like lighting-weaver in MOP. It can guide you next skill to cast, letting you concentrate on more important things. If any one has interest on this, I can post it here.
    10k dps with 32k hps?

I don't think thats possible. Alot of these mythic & heroic logs I'm looking at I see misteavers hitting around 15k-18k dps and are getting around the same HPS.

Until you produce logs I don't think anyone can take you seriously.

I do wish fistweaving was as viable as it was back in MoP. I do like having RSK now though in WoD. The total stance switching mechanic is rather annoying though.

Here's my log, 30 men H5:
    10K dps and 30K hps
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...?s=1362&e=1795
    and 20 men M5
    10K dps and 28K hps
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...one/?s=0&e=388

I'm sorry for the Chinese names. But I think you can identify MW's data from color and digitals.
    I found WOL's HPS data is little lower than Skada. And the "10K dps with 32K hps" data is a 6:40 minutes wiped M5 data...

Deleted
    Thanks for those logs MagicRen. I always went for Pool of Mists when I tried crane stancing because of the RSK benefits. Never really even thought about ChiEx. Gotta try it out sometime.

thought I would leave my logs here as well. my guild was a little weak on damage the week before on mythic twins so this week i went crane stance. I was healing 40-42k on average in serpent stance, healed 38k in crane with ~10k dps (was rank 48 i believe when we logged it) so you can heal competitively with the right strat as crane.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...2&type=healing

I haven't had the same success on most fights, tectus the healing ends up pretty weak (and melee is hell compared to range for healing) brackenspore it's no use not being able to enveloping/soothing mist and kargath there just isn't enough damage to really tell how the healing output is against absorb classes.

let me know if you guys have any questions that the logs don't easily show!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teenaku View Post
    thought i would leave my logs here as well. My guild was a little weak on damage the week before on mythic twins so this week i went crane stance. I was healing 40-42k on average in serpent stance, healed 38k in crane with ~10k dps (was rank 48 i believe when we logged it) so you can heal competitively with the right strat as crane.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...2&type=healing

i haven't had the same success on most fights, tectus the healing ends up pretty weak (and melee is hell compared to range for healing) brackenspore it's no use not being able to enveloping/soothing mist and kargath there just isn't enough damage to really tell how the healing output is against absorb classes.

Let me know if you guys have any questions that the logs don't easily show!
    who you calling weak ya bitch

10+ Year Old Account
    to answer your question.....no
    you are special at all, sorry to burst your bubble

the problem is crane stance has no viability on actual difficult bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the problem is crane stance has no viability on actual difficult bosses.
    that's not even it, the problem that with 20 man, there isn't enough melee for chi explosion to heal at it's full potential. if there were more fights where everybody stacked in melee crane stance would be really strong.