Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Impressive, but I suppose it relies on other healers focusing someone who drops low.
    It does. But isn't that the case with normal mistweaving too? How often are you building chi with soothing+surging then spending it on enveloping mists, rather than letting the disc priest or paladin take care of someone who dropped low from avoidable damage and uplifting instead?

Do you go to 4 chi before using chi explosion?

Deleted
    Hey MagicRen

Could you please give me some details on how you play butcher? A Video with your PoV would be great
    ATM i am in front of butcher (just had 3 trys on it bc sleep and stuff) and want to try out your way of dealing with it but i am completely unsure of how you do that... You do use power strikes, right? And Chi explosion of 3 or only at 4 chi?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    ChiEx has the Same behaviour as blackout kick, it gives 4 20% heals from eminence
    The BoK effect is actually a maximum of 10 heals for 20% of damage done, 5 around the monk and 5 around the statue. I'm sure the tooltip still needs correcting. BoK is supposed to be the AoE "Uplift" replacement in Crane stance but on its own its way too weak. You really have to talent CE to get decent AoE healing in Crane and that is still very positionally dependent. But the Crane version of Chi Explosion is very powerful and the HPS will get a bump once you can get the extra Chi from the T17 set bonus. That's if you can find another fight like Butcher with stacked players taking damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carl812 View Post
    Do you go to 4 chi before using chi explosion?
    There is a synergy with using it at 3 Chi and another 2 Chi move to get your 5-stack of vital mists without wasting a Chi. Particularly when you have the T17 bonus where you get a Chi for using your 5-stack Vital Mist. In fact the set bonus really felt mandatory to get Crane into a useable state on beta. Not sure how it will be after the changes since, will have to see.
    Last edited by Darkener; 2015-01-06 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    I'm currently more and more surprised how efficient craneweaving is (i665-670, no set bonus, 30% ms/15% crit). I'm not 100% weaving as the OP in his videos, and the results are much lower (most likely because I don't take ChiEx and rather switch to healing after the first 40-60s of the fight), but in general it seems quite good and I'm going to try it even harder. It's roughly 10-15k dps and 20k HPS for P1 Imperator Mythic, using no healing-spells. I'm currently on 6/7M and I'm weaving where I don't need to ReM/Uplift the whole raid.

- Keep Crane's Zeal and Tiger Power on you
    - Keep RSK on the enemy
    - Sneak in as much RSK as possible (especially with Pool of Mists)
    - BoK for fillers
    - Use your Vital Mist stacks before spending new Chi, as it generates a free Chi (even if it's overheal)
    - Make use of ToK/Surging glyph if you like

I'd be curious to see this weak aura of yours. Could always be useful for the opening sequence anyways to stack mana tea. I still use the old Affinity weak auras to track zeal and tiger buffs.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone explain OP's post to me. I don't get it.

He's in a "mystic" (guess he meant mythic?) guild with only 353 ilvl and is defending Crane style even though he admits it under-performs compared with the other healers?

Whaaaa....?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Someone explain OP's post to me. I don't get it.

He's in a "mystic" (guess he meant mythic?) guild with only 353 ilvl and is defending Crane style even though he admits it under-performs compared with the other healers?

Whaaaa....?
    He posted a log of Mythic Butcher where he did similar HPS to the other healers (48K) but also 14K DPS (unlike the other healers): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...e/?s=438&e=692 if you missed it.

He noted for that fight in particular Crane did quite well, and it did.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't your HPS increase significantly if you didn't Jab for Chi and instead just used Surging Mist? That's assuming there are injured players at the moment, otherwise you would Jab. That bump in HPS would be at the cost of a little DPS, plus you would run through your mana slightly faster since SurM is 4.7% mana instead of Jab's 3.5%. But at higher gear levels I can see mana not being a problem in Crane Stance anyway, so spend it on more HPS? Or is that just crazy talk?

Or at the very least, during periods of heavier healing doing SurM-SurM-RSK seems more logical than Jab-Jab-RSK.
    Last edited by Darkener; 2015-01-07 at 05:49 AM.

Deleted
    Interesting.

Since the video did not load properly for me, I decided to download it to a server located in China and then to YouTube, for those who can't see the video either or its super laggy.

https : // www . youtube .com/watch?v=OHXRRMec7DE

(remove spaces, MMO-Champion dislikes me)

I've thought about it but never tried. Since SurM instead of Jab loses malee attack, which is about 2000 DPS/HPS.
    What we need to compare is Jab + malee's HPS vs SurM's HPS. Maybe worth to try.
    Currently I use SurM only when 4-5 vital mists.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much! You know I can't reach youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I'm sorry but at some point someone had to ask because... well I'm going insane.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DO M2, M5 and all these other fucking M's stand for?
    N=Normal
    H=Heroic
    M=Mystic

7+ Year Old Account
    亲,我知道你很屌。但是不是应该先把*词拼对了呢。。。不是Mystic 而是Mythic......

- - - Updated - - -

今天武僧被砍,你回去再试试看看砍完效果如何吧。

Deleted
    What is your itemlevel when you fistweaved the whole butcher fight?

Don't chinese players have 8+ more itemlevel than US/EU?

Quite an important factor in this...

Deleted
    It doesnt anymore as far as i know. As said before, Eminence + ChiEx (3 or 4 chi) + eventually detonate is sufficient; And revival as a panic button ofc

Deleted
    Bit new to fistweaving but really interested. Is there a specific sort of items you go for? Or just your normal MW gear? Any specific glyphs or talents that are really needed? What about enchants, also same as MW?

Deleted
    I gathered some information with the help from MagicRen (thanks again), so this post should combine the necessary links from this thread.

Logs from MagicRen on WCL, you can hover over the spells to see which spells he used, even tho the log is in Chinese. It's without "Advanced Combat Logging" but pretty cool to take a look at. I tried the same yesterday on butcher (logs here) and stopped to DPS around the 2-minute mark to start healing.

I was using RJW & ChiEx so I could switch between dps'ing and healing midfight, as I was not sure if DPS-only would be good enough. If you compare the damage done in the first 2 minutes you can see roughly the same amount of Jabs, RSKs and ChiEx, however, MagicRens output is much higher. I assume this is because Chi Brew, not sure tho, as you can't see his "ressource gained".

Video from his first kill (with Skada): http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/3h0ebsbe11s/
    Video from his second kill: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/84WhI7gSrnk/
    Video from his second kill on YT (thanks 01010110): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXRRMec7DE

I'd appreciate any more infos from theory-crafting Mistweavers about this style of playing, at it seems to have a high potential for fights like Butcher. It's also quite sufficient for the first minute @Twins, especially if you play with a Disc/Pala-combo. Talent-wise ChiEx only works for Butcher, I doubt it's better than RJW on Brackenspore etc, PoM supports a much higher single-target dps as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRen View Post
    Sorry for the delay guys. The WA string is made of Chinese skills, so I need to install an English version to check the skill names...
    It's coming soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone help me to verify following buff/skill names please:

1. Buff after tiger palm (Tiger force)?
    2. Buff after BOK
    3. Debuff of the SCK
    4. 4T17 buff name

ManaTea?
    ChiBrew?
    Vital Mist?

Please verify these names including white space, they must exactly same as in-game name.
    Thank you guys!
    Why do you need to track 4T17 buff at this point? Or is this just in preparation for BRF?