Thread: Talents in BRF

Talents in BRF

So with BRF coming out today I was wondering what everyone's opinions were on what talents to run for which fights. I was never in beta nor the PTR so the only information I have to go off of are beta videos, and none from a monks pov. Any and all input is welcome.

Edit: I am asking for a Windwalker.
    Last edited by Phallsalot; 2015-02-03 at 05:38 PM.

Same as Highmaul...ChiBrew/Serenity on Single Target (Gruul, Oregorger, Kromog) and Ascension/ChiEx on anything with at least 2 targets (Everything else).

7+ Year Old Account
    I think flamebender fits into ST as well. Adds are just not alive long enough (at least with my raid group).

Sorry for highjacking this thread, but as the OP's question has been answered, i don't feel too bad about it.

So, i justed dinged 100 with my monk and after some purchases i got ~ 625 ilvl and got my furry ass into that Chemical Crown Love is in the Air encounter.
    Tried Ascension/ChiEx because of multiple targets - and god this is fucking slow -.- ChiEx being casted with 4 Chi makes it the spec with the most downtime, nothing comes close, this is sooooo boring. I didnt even hit RJW, no energy for it at all.... Does it stay this stale or is this playstyle only interesting (i am not talking numbers here!) when you really have a lot of haste, including enchants, gems and raid buffs? Because this.... just sucks!

As a note, with ChiBrew/Serenity the spec is MUCH MORE fluent and therefore a ton of fun, so it's not the class or spec that bothers me.

ChiEx goes with Power Strikes as a BrM, not with Ascension.

Quote Originally Posted by villiansv View Post
    ChiEx goes with Power Strikes as a BrM, not with Ascension.
    Talking windwalker here, same as OP.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Talking windwalker here, same as OP.
    I must be blind. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Sorry for highjacking this thread, but as the OP's question has been answered, i don't feel too bad about it.

So, i justed dinged 100 with my monk and after some purchases i got ~ 625 ilvl and got my furry ass into that Chemical Crown Love is in the Air encounter.
    Tried Ascension/ChiEx because of multiple targets - and god this is fucking slow -.- ChiEx being casted with 4 Chi makes it the spec with the most downtime, nothing comes close, this is sooooo boring. I didnt even hit RJW, no energy for it at all.... Does it stay this stale or is this playstyle only interesting (i am not talking numbers here!) when you really have a lot of haste, including enchants, gems and raid buffs? Because this.... just sucks!

As a note, with ChiBrew/Serenity the spec is MUCH MORE fluent and therefore a ton of fun, so it's not the class or spec that bothers me.
    Honestly, (and this probably speaks to how terribad I am at WW), I've found my aoe is just fine with ChBrew/Serenity as long as you use SEF, RJW & FoF.

Single target? ugh. I'm used to my feral so maybe that skews my view of WW ST.

I agree though, Chi EX on WW is a fun Hoover that sucks the joy from life. ChiEx on BrM, though? Amaze-balls.

Yeah i was also doing a lot (~50%) more dmg on that fight with CB/Serenity. Honestly, i know, that fight is not perfect for constant AOE, and i am fresh lvl100, with bad gear, so this is by no means a reference point, but still...