Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    I wouldn't consider dungeons as progression unless your just shit at the game. Hell are you going to start saying question, garrison and pet battles are pve too?
    Anything that isn't against other players is considered pve content. Even only including all difficulty of raiding, there are more players for pve content than pvp and that is how it has been for a while.

But by all means, actually prove there are more people doing arena than raiding.

I can tell by your name and avatar that you're a girl and I got only one thing to say. Learn your place woman
    It is cute that you have to resort to that when you are obviously wrong.
    Last edited by Freia; 2014-12-19 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Anything that isn't against other players is considered pve content. Even only including all difficulty of raiding, there are more players for pve content than pvp and that is how it has been for a while.

But by all means, actually prove there are more people doing arena than raiding.

It is cute that you have to resort to that when you are obviously wrong.
    At the end of MoP it was 900k pve instance (DUNGEONS, RAID, SCENARIO) per day vs 670k pvp instances (BGS,RBGS,ARENAS)

pve also includes low leveling dungeons for leveling and low level farm by lvl 90s

Now in WoD add skirmishes and remove scenarios and we switch the numbers around

I wouldn't consider dungeons as progression unless your just shit at the game. Hell are you going to start saying question, garrison and pet battles are pve too?
    Assuming you mean "questing", then yes. That's the first thing on the list of "PVE Content."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

But PvP is a minigame and should not affect my PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Assuming you mean "questing", then yes. That's the first thing on the list of "PVE Content."
    Also mandatory 100% mandatory unless you wanna take 5 years to level. Stop playing smart

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    But PvP is a minigame and should not affect my PvE.
    Maybe in vanilla not anymore buddy

Deleted
    This is a PvE game. If you want a PvP game there are plenty of those that are plenty better then wow to be completely honest.

Wow's PvP is pretty boring overall. I cant fathom people who only pvp why they dont play a different game. Personally to me LoL is much mor ecompetitive and fun as a PvP game. So is different shooters.

This kind of game is simply made for PvE and thats where it excels.

So rightfully everything should be balanced around PvE

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of MoP it was 900k pve instance (DUNGEONS, RAID, SCENARIO) per day vs 670k pvp instances (BGS,RBGS,ARENAS)

pve also includes low leveling dungeons for leveling and low level farm by lvl 90s

Now in WoD add skirmishes and remove scenarios and we switch the numbers around

So basically you are assuming based on the number of instances even though it showed far more pve instances were happening. Even better, more pve instances were happening despite the fact that an average arena/pvp match is far shorter than your average pve instance. Number of instances does not even equal number of people.

Yea that is some good logical proof right there. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    being benched for a boss doesn't even COMPARE to not being able to gain any rating in PvP because of other classes being way overpowered.

you get that right, like you can grasp this, right, right?

- - - Updated - - -

another thing, haha, it's funny I even have to explain this to some people here: benching players because of other classes being superior is only done by a tiny, little percentage of all guilds: the hardcore. everyone else is just fine having fun with their friends and down the boss eventually.

in PvP, on the other hand, the inferior class is flat out unplayable.

like, it's clear right, it's clear as day. I don't know man...buuuuuut it's clear as friggin day.
    Don't most PvPers just jump ship to another class when this happens? It's always been this way from what I've seen anyway. The monk class has been around 1 whole expansion and are being nerfed for 1 whole season, boo hoo hoo. Welcome to 10 years of what most all the other classes have experienced, lol. PvP is about playing the top comps, class loyalty is for PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevakanezah View Post
    For more exciting tales from OP, see these other thrilling reads, or buy the audiobook, now available on amazon!

Thread: PvP is only for Alliance
    by Rinnegan
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post31164217

Thread: Do you people not have any friends?!
    by Rinnegan
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post30842855

Thread: damage of all abilities nerfed by 15% -> WW monks playing at 2400+
    by Rinnegan
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post31164217

Thread: What WoW has taught me.
    by Rinnegan
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post30935762
    people spending time browsing my posts. I should start a blog and be famous.

I understand PvP is an aspect of the game that many players enjoy. I myself PvP from time to time and enjoy playing with friends.

But come on... wake up... PvP has taken a major backseat to PvE since Wotlk (probably since creation, but I will be nice). If you haven't seen how little Blizzard cares about PvP in the last 5 years then you need to open your eyes. Of course they make PvE nerfs that affect PvP.

I am all for PvP and not advocating that people quit PvP or quit promoting PvP balance... but if you honestly think that Blizzard doesn't care about PvE 10x more at this point... then I cannot help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    what actually happens:

a nice raid evening with the guild. everyone is pumped to finally down some new bosses. the atmosphere is great in the voice chat. everyone is happy. the guild starts with the first boss. they wipe but eventually they do kill the boss. the guild collects the loot and then make their way to the second boss. but what's that? a player is now looking at the damage meters pointing out that the first two on the 'ladder' are windwalker monks. the raid leader then says that it's absolutely wonderful that they do so much dps and the whole raid is happy that they have two windwalker monks with them. the whole raid has a blast and at 23:00 they all go to bed and dream about the end boss awaiting them on the next day.

what Blizzard thinks happens:

a nice raid evening with the guild. everyone is pumped to finally down some new bosses. the atmosphere is great in the voice chat. everyone is happy. the guild starts with the first boss. they wipe but eventually they do kill the boss. the guild collects the loot and then make their way to the second boss. but what's that? a player is now looking at the damage meters pointing out that the first two on the 'ladder' are windwalker monks...you can hear the raid leader snort angrily already...the 55 year old mage mutes the sound because he already knows what's about to happen...the raid leader erupts:"WHY ARE THERE TWO WINDWALKER MONKS AT THE TOP?! WHAT THE F*CK ARE THE OTHER DAMAGE DEALERS DOING?! IF ANY OTHER DPS DOES LESS DAMAGE THAN THE TWO WINDWALKER MONKS ON THE NEXT BOSS, THEN I WILL PERSONALLY REMOVE THEM FROM OUR GUILD AND MAKE SURE THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO JOIN A RAID ON THIS SERVER EVER AGAIN...ARGHHHHHHH!!!". you can hear the holy paladin sobbing in the voice chat. the protection warrior, a manly man, raises his voice and says that maybe it's not that big of a deal and that everyone was having fun. the raid leader's wife says that she is thankful for the two monks because they made the boss easier for them. wife and manly man are kicked out of the raid and guild immediately. other people leave the raid and say they will come back tomorrow...but they don't...over the next week, more and more people leave the guild and log off the game forever.

tl;dr:

- Blizzard is looking at the PvE damage meters and then nerf classes accordingly. this...is...false. if a dps in your raid does more damage than other dps then you shouldn't be mad but glad.

- a PvP player, on the other hand, has every right to be upset when he is fighting classes doing way more damage.

=> this is why Blizzard should always and forever make class nerfs based on PvP and not PvE.

(context: windwalker monks being at the top of damage meters in PvE are nerfed continuously while survival hunters are being buffed => impact on PvP: windwalker monk unplayable/unenjoyable and survival hunter completely over the top overpowered in any way imaginable)
    My eye's are bleeding!

Or, you know, the could have looked at the data they had available and made a call based on the fact that WW were far and above the next dps spec....
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#difficulty=4

the raid leader then says that it's absolutely wonderful that they do so much dps and the whole raid is happy that they have two windwalker monks with them. the whole raid has a blast and at 23:00 they all go to bed and dream about the end boss awaiting them on the next day.

(context: windwalker monks being at the top of damage meters in PvE are nerfed continuously while survival hunters are being buffed => impact on PvP: windwalker monk unplayable/unenjoyable and survival hunter completely over the top overpowered in any way imaginable)
    So one one side your trying to point out that having a class outperforming others by a lot is something enjoyable but then you end your statement bitching about how SV monks are overpowered? I don't understand you bud.