Poll: Holy Nova

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    TLDR2 - dont argue with PosPosPos, its a waste of time
    The funny part about this is, everything you said is completely in line with all my points. Maybe it gets you off by disagreeing with someone you don't like even though you actually agree with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I think that Holy Nova is simply a problematic spell. It is a no cd, neutral mana-wise, aoe spell that hits everyone for the same amount of healing or damage. It can only be either worth casting or not, and that's all. Since disc's spells are now PW:S & PW:S, HN only fights with it for a spot in our GCDs, and if it becomes worth using over the current PW:S, then I can't even imagine how OP it would be.

As I said, I think that is problematic and for me, it should simply either go or redesigned, or given something to work with.
    That's why the HN nerf and 20% PWS buff should be reverted, and both spells would be on par with each other.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The funny part about this is, everything you said is completely in line with all my points. Maybe it gets you off by disagreeing with someone you don't like even though you actually agree with him.
    Well, most of the time, what you say is not the issue but how you say it, thus most of the time it is indeed not worth replying and likely not even reading - anything worthwile will be repeated by someone more competent in communcation anyway :P

Maybe it gets you off by disagreeing with someone you don't like even though you actually agree with him.
    Or maybe people don't like discussing anything with you, because you constantly reply with condescending passive-aggressive insults.

This is never about the actual content of your posts, but rather the tone you always choose when presenting this content. You're not wrong, you're just an unpleasant person.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Well, most of the time, what you say is not the issue but how you say it, thus most of the time it is indeed not worth replying and likely not even reading - anything worthwile will be repeated by someone more competent in communcation anyway :P
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Or maybe people don't like discussing anything with you, because you constantly reply with condescending passive-aggressive insults.
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    This is never about the actual content of your posts, but rather the tone you always choose when presenting this content. You're not wrong, you're just an unpleasant person.
    So, basically, people need to grow a bit of skin? Not that I mind if it never happens, I do take pleasure in getting people to act against their own principles(and also what they keep preaching about being "nice") just to disagree with me; it's interesting to say the least.

But I digress, major mechanic and numbers changes are going to take ages to get implemented(usually next tier). Has anyone had any success getting any developers to make a statement on the state of disc priests? HN healing less than Heal is pretty sad to say the least, and the last time I tried to get Celestalon to clarify whether Twist of Fate was intended to not work with absorbs contrary to what Archangel does was met with deafening silence.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-12-25 at 02:36 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy Nova can never be balanced in it's current form, said it years ago. Either it'll be the go to spell or shit, it's just the nature of a spammable AoE spell! So, it will need some twist to it to work in game; CD or procc or something else!

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Holy Nova can never be balanced in it's current form, said it years ago. Either it'll be the go to spell or shit, it's just the nature of a spammable AoE spell! So, it will need some twist to it to work in game; CD or procc or something else!
    Go-to spells are generally fine if they come with a moderate CD(see Circle of Healing), or a significant cast time(like Holy Light for hpally/Binding Heal in some Holy Priest playstyles).

I would personally like to see this plus Serendipity on Disc, but requiring different generators, like Holy Nova having a 1.5 second cast and generating a stack of Serendipity.

Instead of recycling mechanics, they could balance Disc's numbers so that PoH x4 targets > HN x4 targets > PoM > PW:S in terms of effectiveness. This was almost how it worked before the HN and PW:S changes, and it would at least encourage decision making in choosing the right heals for the situation.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2014-12-25 at 04:26 PM.

I'd also be fine if they changed words of mending to effect Holy Nova instead of PoM for disc. So something like:

Empowered Holy Nova:

Your healing and shielding spell casts grant you a stack of Empowered Holy Nova. Each stack increases the healing of your next Holy Nova by x%; maximum 10 stacks.

Ideally there would be a point where casting holy nova is stronger than casting PW:S (3 - 5 stacks), and you could bank stacks for burst aoe healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I'd also be fine if they changed words of mending to effect Holy Nova instead of PoM for disc. So something like:

Empowered Holy Nova:

Your healing and shielding spell casts grant you a stack of Empowered Holy Nova. Each stack increases the healing of your next Holy Nova by x%; maximum 10 stacks.

Ideally there would be a point where casting holy nova is stronger than casting PW:S (3 - 5 stacks), and you could bank stacks for burst aoe healing.
    Or replace Saving Grace with that, so we have 3 viable T100 talents, CoW for single target, WoM for spread and that for stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Well if Discs are pulling that much DPS just by using a glyph, then "inb4 nerf", because that seems heinously overpowered to get 1mil extra damage from a *healer* using a glyph.
    I think what we will see soon is a PWS nerf

I think that Holy Nova is simply a problematic spell. It is a no cd, neutral mana-wise, aoe spell that hits everyone for the same amount of healing or damage. It can only be either worth casting or not, and that's all. Since disc's spells are now PW:S & PW:S, HN only fights with it for a spot in our GCDs, and if it becomes worth using over the current PW:S, then I can't even imagine how OP it would be.
    Where's the supposed problem?

Every healing class has a spammable heal. It's either associated with a big cost and/or some other limitation. CH has a hefty mana cost with it, so does PoH. Druids can only have one mushroom down and it's location-specific, paladins have both. Discipline has holy nova that's restricted by our location.

While I don't like the location requirement, I'd rather have an actual AoE heal I can use more than once every 30s without draining my mana pool completely as an alternative to spamming PWS all the time.

Look at any other healing spec's breakdown of healing. You'll see multiple significant sources of healing. Druids will show Rejuvenation, Wild Growth and Wild Mushroom and to a minor degree Lifebloom. Discipline is all PWS and the occasional EAA spam.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should make it more badass like in the TBC trailer, add a cd and make it really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post

Every healing class has a spammable heal. It's either associated with a big cost and/or some other limitation. CH has a hefty mana cost with it, so does PoH. Druids can only have one mushroom down and it's location-specific, paladins have both. Discipline has holy nova that's restricted by our location.

While I don't like the location requirement, I'd rather have an actual AoE heal I can use more than once every 30s without draining my mana pool completely as an alternative to spamming PWS all the time.

Look at any other healing spec's breakdown of healing. You'll see multiple significant sources of healing. Druids will show Rejuvenation, Wild Growth and Wild Mushroom and to a minor degree Lifebloom. Discipline is all PWS and the occasional EAA spam.
    CH is really not as expensive as you think it is.

It's fine for it to be non-rotational. It's still an instant AoE heal AND AoE damage.

I mean, that's how I used it for years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's fine for it to be non-rotational. It's still an instant AoE heal AND AoE damage.

I mean, that's how I used it for years...
    There was only one use for Holy Nova in it's neutered state back then: interrupting flag capping - that's all it was useful for(and arguably fantastic at it).

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the HN nerf and 20% PWS buff should be reverted, and both spells would be on par with each other.
    I agree with this. We are not at ~50%-60% or even 70% crit with SoO tier bonus to simply be able to cover for everything with HN. I really don't get why they made the change, since I really don't want to believe they made it because of the whining of "disc OP, pls nerf".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post

I think I explained the problem well enough :-)

Now, if you think that having a no cd, almost no mana cost, no DR, AoE healing spell in the game will do anything good to it, that's also fine.

Discipline needs a complete revamp/remake. I am in favour of that.

CH is really not as expensive as you think it is.
    That's the thing you want to rebuke?

It costs 9k mana per cast, while cheaper than PoH at 11.4k, it's still not a cheap spell.

Now, if you think that having a no cd, almost no mana cost, no DR, AoE healing spell in the game will do anything good to it, that's also fine.
    Other healers have AoE spells with no cd, so I don't see the controversy there. HN doesn't need DR, it's limited to 5 hits per cast. It has a low mana cost, but each cast doesn't hit for all that much either. So yeah, I don't see the problem you're seeing.
    Last edited by Aparthia; 2014-12-26 at 05:37 PM.

I agree with this. We are not at ~50%-60% or even 70% crit with SoO tier bonus to simply be able to cover for everything with HN. I really don't get why they made the change, since I really don't want to believe they made it because of the whining of "disc OP, pls nerf".
    You don't see the issue with HN only costing 1.6% mana? It might not have needed a throughput nerf, but it could have done with a mana cost increase and a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    You don't see the issue with HN only costing 1.6% mana?
    You need to consider how much it heals for. It's not like it heals for as much as CH or PoH.