Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Our AoE is still stronger than everyone else's given that the only real competitor's AoE (DK) was also nerfed. Relative to other classes, our AoE remains the best. The change seems to really help make certain boss AoE phases less FireNovaFaceRollable.

When they go after our talents Nova-related talents (Echo and UF), that's when it'll be time to fear for our dominance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing 1 Nova is honestly a minor nerf, on fights with 6+ adds we will still reign supreme.

Deleted
    It's around a 14.3% damage nerf on 7+ targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyarai View Post
    Yeah, seeing how we're far more than 14% ahead of pretty much everyone on that setting, doesn't affect us much, just reduces it in absurdity a bit.

Losing 1 Fire Nova isn't the be all end all

Quote Originally Posted by Kyarai View Post
    I think we are not going to see 7+ targets after tectus and imp that live long enough to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I think we are not going to see 7+ targets after tectus and imp that live long enough to matter.
    Exactly, it's still waaaay too niche to warrant it being the defining characteristic of our spec. The SS buff is also borderline nothing for single target considering the previous 20% buffs to it were smallish but hey, it's something XD.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just did a Heroic Imperator.

Its actually more noticeable than I thought it would be. I noticed quite a large slow down in how the adds went down. I had to double check if I was in Echo or not :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Well, just did a Heroic Imperator.

Its actually more noticeable than I thought it would be. I noticed quite a large slow down in how the adds went down. I had to double check if I was in Echo or not :S
    Seems more likely that the rest of your group was slacking. It's really not a major nerf in any way.

At the end of the day, on a large number of targets we still end up light years ahead. Just a few less lightyears than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Seems more likely that the rest of your group was slacking. It's really not a major nerf in any way.
    I solo the adds and have a few people come in and try pad a bit but Noone substantially dosing them. Just to be clear this is the volatile anomalies I'm talking about in the 2 transitions.

It's just under a 15% nerf to a full spread. That's pretty noticable. But not major in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I solo the adds and have a few people come in and try pad a bit but Noone substantially dosing them. Just to be clear this is the volatile anomalies I'm talking about in the 2 transitions.

It's just under a 15% nerf to a full spread. That's pretty noticable. But not major in the grand scheme of things.
    Ah, I thought you were referring to the P4 Aberration adds. Odd to see a guild full on aoeing the anomalies in the transitions, most just nuke em at the end with cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah our recruits always comment on our weird strats.

Its really frustrating because Im no longer the melee role leader. Id just assign myself to all the add duty but we tend to kinda cycle people around so everyone learns the mechanics.

Granted, the melee role leader is a bit like me, an ex top raider and when we get into Mythic next week (if our roster is all back from holidays etc) and hopefully our strats look a little more niche suited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Our AoE is still stronger than everyone else's given that the only real competitor's AoE (DK) was also nerfed. Relative to other classes, our AoE remains the best. The change seems to really help make certain boss AoE phases less FireNovaFaceRollable.

When they go after our talents Nova-related talents (Echo and UF), that's when it'll be time to fear for our dominance.
    It´s only the strongest IF the adds live long enough, but when they get killed quickly and do not respawn several times, I guess Arms Warriors AoE is way stronger, maybe even Combat Rogue with more BRF Gear and more Haste could do more AoE Burst.

Yeah at that point though, generally the adds are not important, so AoE is just pad. Rare cases like ball lightning on Lei Shen come up and I completely agree we are somewhat ill equipped to that task (though LM and MT are actually half decent at it, just not Bladestorm status). As long as we can get off 3 or so novas though along with LM, we'll be fine. The general situations where AoE is desirable (4+ target cleave or all out AoE) we are generally very strong at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post

I think you somehow missed the Blade Flurry buff to combat rogues. Last night on tectus mythic our rogue came disturbingly close to dishing out more AoE damage than myself- he had stacked some multistrike so that he can easily swap from combat to sub and vice versa without any major losses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segasik View Post
    Anxiously awaiiting on blizzard blue post which will looks like

"Due to numerous reports we are nerfing Enh Shaman AoE to the ground, It was to high and it actually MADE guild to pick him to the (Fights X, Y, Z) which shouldnt be the case in current WoW playstyle. Please be advised that Enh Shaman is currently in good situation (PvE and PVP wise) therefore we are not planning any buffs/remakes soon."
    Unlike some classes *cough UH DK's*, shaman AoE requires a lot of targets, 3-5+ to pull any decent to very good numbers. ST is mediocre as best. So I don't see why any erf is required, it's not like we can cleave...

UH DK's were nerfed because they very strong on 2 targets as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Yeah at that point though, generally the adds are not important, so AoE is just pad. Rare cases like ball lightning on Lei Shen come up and I completely agree we are somewhat ill equipped to that task (though LM and MT are actually half decent at it, just not Bladestorm status). As long as we can get off 3 or so novas though along with LM, we'll be fine. The general situations where AoE is desirable (4+ target cleave or all out AoE) we are generally very strong at.
    Ryethe any chance you tested BRF on beta? What's the trend in the raid as in will shamans we viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    generally the adds are not important, so AoE is just pad
    Actually, having all Fire Novas cleave onto the boss is a big dps gain. Its great for padding...but, getting the job done faster I wouldnt consider padding, with fire novas cleaving boss...it takes care of adds AND puts an absurb amount of dps on the boss.

I think people misinterpret what "padding" is. Its not padding when certain adds NEED to die. If those adds didnt need to die during the encounter(for instance garrosh adds right before last phase on mythic if a monk kites them) then THAT would be "padding"
    Last edited by Shear; 2015-01-16 at 09:26 AM.