Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this expansion is set to last a year and they said there would be two raid tiers, that puts this tier ending in lets guesstimate around Juneish - assuming both have similar spans.

Based on what they are aiming for, I think its to soon. They also said if the next expansion gets pushed back there may need to be a third tier. If this were to drop in Jan giving us till lets say April to clear this tier, it very well could set up either another long final tier or a third.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are done with heroic and just starting mythic. I wouldn't mind a good 1.5 months of just mythic before we go to BRF.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    MSV didn't drop tier pieces either but was still the same tier as HoF and ToeS. Highmaul and Blackrock are the same tier.
    and? we decide tier by new raid instance, +ilvland new tier sets and only by these three things. and what drops in msv hof and toes doesnt matter at all...

No, it is not to soon, it is not TOO soon either.
    It should have come out in January tbh

We're 2/7 (M) at the moment, but I feel like Feb will be really early. That's only 2 months away, which means we will have to kill a new boss every week to be ready for BRF. I assume butcher and the last 2 bosses will take about 2 weeks each. We may be able to clear it, but we'll have 0 farm time to gear up. I kinda hope it's march at least

Speaking as a Ret Pally, I'd much rather have had the items from BRF than Highmaul. Much better itemisation for us there. February can't come soon enough for me.

The whole point of Highmaul is being a loot pinata for the real raid of the tier which is Blackrock Foundry.

It's not too soon, it's what was expected, the big question is when they will release the next tier, because THAT is usually where Blizzard fails, the first tier of an xpac is always too short.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Think february is kinda late to be honest. Its the same tier remember.

I think Feb is good. The fights in highmaul aren't that exciting and all the itemization sucks.

March 31st, that should be when. They rush Blackrock out and we end up with another MoP final tier, 13 months of same ole same ole.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild raids 2 nights per week and we just got 7/7N and 4/7H last night. At this rate I think we are well on our way to clear Heroic and some of Mythic before February. Once BRF opens we will clear Normal and Heroic there, and then probably wrap up progression on Mythic HM and then work on Mythic BRF.

I think BRF opening in February is fine as long as BRF stays open for a few months until the next tier comes.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    March 31st, that should be when. They rush Blackrock out and we end up with another MoP final tier, 13 months of same ole same ole.
    Gating content expected for the release just to make it "live" longer is not a solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild raids 2 nights a week (sometimes 3), and we're 7/7N and 5/7H. I'd imagine we'll have heroic cleared by then, and maybe a couple mythic bosses. I thought February was a bit early at first, but after thinking about it, if we had to wait until March for the new content Highmaul would start to drag, especially since our biggest goal was to clear heroic.

Deleted
    Considering how bad itemisation is in HM feb seems really good. I think ppl would rather go heroic BF then progressing mythic HM.

I agree it should be March or at least the very end of February.

Considering holiday break that may be taken by some groups? Yes, yes it is.

Blizzard seems to continually fall into this bad habit of frontloading expansions. You get rushed content at the start, and then a very long 'dead zone' between the last raid tier and a new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by thaynia View Post
    We're 2/7 (M) at the moment, but I feel like Feb will be really early. That's only 2 months away, which means we will have to kill a new boss every week to be ready for BRF. I assume butcher and the last 2 bosses will take about 2 weeks each. We may be able to clear it, but we'll have 0 farm time to gear up. I kinda hope it's march at least
    Korath is not that much harder than bracken/tectus.. and Butcher is LoL once you get gear. Its a 4 min fight with basically 0 mechanics that reads if everyone can do 30k dps single target you collect loot. Once everyone is 675+ in 2-3 weeks of full heroic+ a few Mythic Bosses. Butcher is not a issue. Mechanically its the easiest boss the entire tier. The pure number check is why so few guilds have killed it.

Too freaking soon imo! Have they not learned to space things out better? INC another year long tier at the end of this expac... :/

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Considering holiday break that may be taken by some groups? Yes, yes it is.

Blizzard seems to continually fall into this bad habit of frontloading expansions. You get rushed content at the start, and then a very long 'dead zone' between the last raid tier and a new expansion.
    I'm thinking the same thing. If it were not for the next two weeks then, yea, sure February sounds good. But right now I got people going to see grandma on the other side of the world the next few weeks, so...

Blizzard said it's my birthday gift, so no.

But seriously I think it's fine. I mean, what was the gap between MSV and HoF, like 2 weeks or something? That was way too short.