Thread: Bloodlust?

Bloodlust?

Just curious has any reason been given why bloodust doesn't work exactly like savage roar except 1 more damage for 2 more mana? Is it because of the shaman's ability to place totems every turn? because I mean if you have 4 totems you are still only getting 12 damage and that would take 5 turns to setup. Is it because of doomhammer? I mean this would be fairly weak reason why not to give it to them, it would be sort of op if you pulled it off, since alone it would be 10 damage (Although this is already how rockbiter weapon works with doomhammer). So yea, what reasoning do they have to not make bloodlust just give 3 attack to the hero too?

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of what you mentioned it's also easier for shamans to get around taunts with hex and earth shock. Hard to compare cards in a vacuum.

Deleted
    Unlike the Druid's savage roar, the shaman does not have a backup card to set up an instant combo with bloodlust out of nowhere. Thus a board control is required for a Bloodlust to work properly.

Druids have Force of nature that instantly summons 3 minions with charge, dealing insane amouns of damage out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    On top of what you mentioned it's also easier for shamans to get around taunts with hex and earth shock. Hard to compare cards in a vacuum.
    Yea I suppose sort of like dark bomb and frostbolt, but considering bloodlust has been mostly unplayed I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal to give it this small buff I imagine it wouldn't be game breaking since it would still be used by shamans for more slow tempo style play until they get board control and push for damage. 3 extra on top of that I can't imagine would be broken.

Exactly for the reasons you listed.

In addition to all the above reasons:

I like how different classes have different cards with different abilities. Personally, I do not like homogenization of classes.

I would be more on board with (though no, I do not want this) taking away both spells and making a neutral spell "drums of war" that acted like bloodlust. It would give all classes the buff (because, like WoW, bring the player not the class) without making the individual class cards the same

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    In addition to all the above reasons:

I like how different classes have different cards with different abilities. Personally, I do not like homogenization of classes.

I would be more on board with (though no, I do not want this) taking away both spells and making a neutral spell "drums of war" that acted like bloodlust. It would give all classes the buff (because, like WoW, bring the player not the class) without making the individual class cards the same
    Next you will tell me they have reduced the health on shamans to 20 but in order to compensate they reduced the spellpower on all their spells by 1.

at OP, yes savage road is vastly more mana efficient than bloodlust. At the time of creation shamans were thought to have more minions via totems on the board than druids so the burst potential was greater especially when you add in windfury that many shaman cards have/give.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Next you will tell me they have reduced the health on shamans to 20 but in order to compensate they reduced the spellpower on all their spells by 1.
    What? What does this have to do with my post?