Nvidia Performance Levels

I got my GTX 660 today, It has 980 clock speed and 1502 memory speed.

But here's all performance levels shown by speccy:
    http://i57.tinypic.com/29ux01s.jpg

Performance level 3 and 4 are the same and they are at 549 and 3004 Mhz,
    When I stress test the gpu speccy will show Current GPU Clock at 549 and Current Memory Clock at 3004, so can't use my GPUs potential

Any fix?

What stress test are you running? Nvidia locks out some of them to avoid GPU damage, you can get around it by renaming the .exe file but they are throttled for a reason. Does it say the same running a game?

Yes it's all the same running WoW, AC Unity and other games, it's not about the stress tests, my card just doesn't use its full potential atm. Help plix plox!

Have you checked to see if your frames are typical of your 660 and it is not just a reporting error by speccy?

At this point though I am at a loss, have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Speccy shows the same numbers for my 660 and mine works perfectly fine.

Hmm well, I just installed gtx660 so I don't know if my fps are lower than a usual gtx 660.

But I'm getting 30-40 fps at "AC unity" and "evil from within" so that cant be normal can it? settings are not even that high.
    my cpu can't bottleneck, its i7-2600.

- - - Updated - - -

oh well, nvidia inspector shows good numbers, I guess speccy is just wrong:
    http://i58.tinypic.com/3468g1e.jpg

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    AC Unit is the last thing you want to test for fps. Probably going to have to turn AA off or atleast down to FXAA if you even want to stand a chance, but even with SLI 4GB 770s OC'd fairly high I couldn't even maintain 60 fps with FXAA. Game is shit with optimization and should not be a determination. Getting 30-40 fps on AC Unity depending on your settings is probably a good thing.

Isn't that Evil from Within capped at 30 fps?

Use a game that isn't known to be badly optimized or reliant on the CPU. Do you have a Battlefield game or something? You could even run an actual GPU stress test like FurMark or something. Download something like MSI Afterburners and see where the GPUs settings are set for memory clock and GPU clock. That will give you a more accurate detail. The program you have seems to only been giving you some sort of setting base of where the GPU is clocked at during certain level of applications? From what I hear Speccy isn't even that good. If you want to monitor the status of your hardware there are better options.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Where/who did you buy it from? As in do you have a direct link to the item?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Load up MSI Afterburner and see what it says your GPU clocks are while you're running a 3D game. It gives real time data. Avoid stress tests, just run a regular 3D game to test it.
    Super casual.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind, the 660 is an entry level card. It's not a *bad* card by any means, but it is entry level and you should not expect stellar game performance at high settings with it, especially if antialiasing is involved.