Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury - Wild Strikes usage outside of bloodsurge

Hey guys, like the title says, I'm wondering about Wild Strikes usage outside of bloodsurge. The number I hear most often is to use wild strikes above 90 rage. I, however, don't understand any of the theorycrafting behind this. So the questions I have are:

A) What in your opinion is the correct rage amount to use wild strikes at, and more importantly, why?

B) Does being enraged (or having a buff such as recklessness, trinket procs, etc) effect when you will use wild strikes?

C) Does Bloodlust effect when you will use wild strikes?

Thanks for your insights.

Honestly i use it when i have nothing else to use and im 60+ rage. Not gonna sit there and do nothing if i can use it. Its going to have a minimal impact if you are doing everything else in the rotation right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    Honestly i use it when i have nothing else to use and im 60+ rage. Not gonna sit there and do nothing if i can use it. Its going to have a minimal impact if you are doing everything else in the rotation right.
    you are gonna want to at least have enrage or a trinket proc active if you want to spend your rage

Not to over generalize, but typically you won't have the excess rage to use wild strike if you arent getting crits for enrage.

That someone says you should use wild strike at 90+ rage does not mean you should sit on empty globals and do nothing 'til you're at 90 rage, and then start hammering. It simply means that unless you're at over 90 rage, other abilities take priority over it.
    If you do not have other abilities available, however, you should use wild strike on the first available global. Exception to this is if you're about to pop cooldowns, in which case having some banked rage is a good idea.

If I'm at 90 rage I use wildstrike and BT is coming up. Just too close to capping after the next BT. Lot of times I'll use WS at 80 rage or so. Try to avoid capping as much as possible. But it happens sometimes.

I only use Wild Strike outside of Bloodsurge procs if I have 90 rage or more, or I work it into my rotation when I'm enraged.

I haven't really thought about what to properly do with Wild Strike during Heroism. I usually don't make any changes from my normal rotation during heroism, except that I try to line my big CDs (bloodbath, reck, strength potion, etc) up with Hero if I know when it's going to be popped.

Although I will admit that sometimes I can't resist the temptation to hit Wild Strike when I get screwed on procs (bloodsurge and enrage fucking me over), even if I don't really have "enough" rage to use it. Feels like I get starved sometimes, even when I'm using Berserker Rage to fill the enrage void. I'm SMF, not at the highest gear level, and don't have a ton of crit yet, so yeah. It just drives me crazy to stand there for a few seconds with nothing to hit other than Bloodthirst on cooldown, to the point that I just say "fuck it" and hit Wild Strike regardless of how much rage I have. I'm hoping those moments will go away when I get some better gear. Sitting at a 639 item level right now, and I don't have the best luck with secondary stat rolls. I have a lot of stuff that's not crit. :|
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-12-19 at 06:30 PM.

Only time i sit idle is out of rage, nothing to use because of RNG.

Deleted
    Using Wild Strike becomes my highest priority whenever I get a Blood Surge proc, for the simple fact that these procs can quickly fuck over your rage management if you don't spend them in a timely manner.

Other than that, I only use WS when all other stuff is on CD or not available. I only use WS un-enraged when I'm about to cap rage.

You shouldn't use wild strike if you're not enraged unless its to prevent rage capping. Having nothing to do happens and you need to teach yourself to sit on your hands and spend your rage when its optimal.

Once you get enough crit chance, you're pretty much always enraged. I myself use Wild Strike any time I have 60+ rage with free globals. I also don't have any proc trinkets yet but I also don't understand pooling rage to 90 and sitting there with nothing to do. Pooling rage before CDs? Yes. Pooling rage just because.. no. What it comes down to is your playstyle and being able to make split second decisions. If you're tracking your ICD trinket procs and you see the ICD is up in 3 seconds, then yes wait. Anything longer than that and I'd say just continue on dumping rage.

When i read this all posts above me, i wonder if You guys ever did simcrafts on your own characters? Noone here didnt even bother to ask OP what tier 3 talent he uses.

First of all everything depends on your gear ilvl and tier3 talent, if You took Furious Strikes (You should for every single target fight) and your crit chance is around 20% unbuffed You are around thesame gear as mine, so the rotation or more like priority list should be like this:

During bloodlust/BB/trinket procs try to spam as much wild strikes as You can while keeping raging blow procs from not capping, keep your enrage buff with berserker rage and use bloodthrist only when BR is on CD, of course use siege breaker and storm bolt (if You have any) before spamming. Why? Wild strike is highest damage per time spend abbility in your standard kit (not counting talents), if You see yourself going to low on rage to use wild strike, use raging blow then.

Your openning should be somewhere around:

Charge > BT > Rek/BB/trink > if BT didnt crit use BR > Siegebreaker > Storm bolt > WS > WS > BT (close to 100% crit chance with rec) > WS > WS etc, unless low on rage to use WS, go for RB

Without any additional damage boost, Your rotation should look like:

BT (if crit) > RB > WS > WS > repeat (does not matter how high on rage You are)
    BT (if not crit) > BR > WS > WS > repeat (does not matter how high on rage You are)
    BT (no crit, BR on CD) > keep yourself under 90 rage or 105 rage (depends on glyph)

If your tier 3 talent is different the Furious Strikes, use the tips from all people above.

Many will disagree, many will cry, trust me, it is the best You can get out of your warrior.
    Last edited by CSINada; 2014-12-19 at 11:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    When i read this all posts above me, i wonder if You guys ever did simcrafts on your own characters? Noone here didnt even bother to ask OP what tier 3 talent he uses.

First of all everything depends on your gear ilvl and tier3 talent, if You took Furious Strikes (You should for every single target fight) and your crit chance is around 20% unbuffed You are around thesame gear as mine, so the rotation or more like priority list should be like this:

During bloodlust/BB/trinket procs try to spam as much wild strikes as You can while keeping raging blow procs from not capping, keep your enrage buff with berserker rage and use bloodthrist only when BR is on CD, of course use siege breaker and storm bolt (if You have any) before spamming. Why? Wild strike is highest damage per time spend abbility in your standard kit (not counting talents), if You see yourself going to low on rage to use wild strike, use raging blow then.

Charge > BT > Rek/BB/trink > if BT didnt crit use BR > Siegebreaker > Storm bolt > WS > WS > BT (close to 100% crit chance with rec) > WS > WS etc, unless low on rage to use WS, go for RB

BT (if not crit) > BR > WS > WS > repeat (does not matter how high on rage You are)
    BT (no crit, BR on CD) > keep yourself under 90 rage or 105 rage (depends on glyph)

If your tier 3 talent is different the Furious Strikes, use the tips from all people above.

Many will disagree, many will cry, trust me, it is the best You can get out of your warrior.
    Jesus Christ, it burns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post

wat

/10wats
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I actually have a question pertaining to wild strikes. One of the posters above me touched on it as well. When I BT and it crits and I use my proc of Raging Blow and let's say I'm at 50 or 60 rage, it doesn't feel right doing nothing for that GCD, so I use Wild Strike right there and it puts me at 0-10 rage. Should I just be doing nothing for that GCD and pooling rage, it just doesn't feel right if I have an ability to use and don't before my next BT comes up.

Hopefully that makes sense, it sounds kind of confusing to read, haha.

Thanks again

Deleted
    Please keep the posts > 10 Chars and constructive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karguk View Post
    I actually have a question pertaining to wild strikes. One of the posters above me touched on it as well. When I BT and it crits and I use my proc of Raging Blow and let's say I'm at 50 or 60 rage, it doesn't feel right doing nothing for that GCD, so I use Wild Strike right there and it puts me at 0-10 rage. Should I just be doing nothing for that GCD and pooling rage, it just doesn't feel right if I have an ability to use and don't before my next BT comes up.

Hopefully that makes sense, it sounds kind of confusing to read, haha.

Thanks again
    You lose nothing from waiting at least a bit into the enrage hoping for a proc, just don't cap rage and you have lost nothing if you spend your WS with at minimum enrage up

While I'm enraged I see no reason why I should not be dumping rage to 0/10 (without/with RB-Proc).

I will only pool rage right before CDs, Trinkets, Bloodlust, Execute-Phase and/or certain boss encounters where you need heavy burst on spot.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    While I'm enraged I see no reason why I should not be dumping rage to 0/10 (without/with RB-Proc).

I will only pool rage right before CDs, Trinkets, Bloodlust, Execute-Phase and/or certain boss encounters where you need heavy burst on spot.
    This is what I do as well.

I think the question is, when do you use Wild Strike when NOT Enraged? Seems like 90 rage is the popular threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    This is what I do as well.

I think the question is, when do you use Wild Strike when NOT Enraged? Seems like 90 rage is the popular threshold.
    Yes, because if your bloodthirst procs blood surge while you are at 90 rage you risk rage capping yourself. If you run unending rage glyph you can do 100 rage.