So we now know why Heirloom Tab was delayed...

We’re pretty far along in development on the much-talked-about Heirloom tab. This will bring the whole Heirloom system into a single account-wide collection UI and provide a clear purchase/upgrade path for all items. Heirlooms already on characters will be collected into the new UI (similar to other Collections features), base-level Heirlooms will be purchasable from vendors, and upgrade tokens that can be used on Heirlooms to raise their effectiveness to additional level caps will be obtainable through different forms of content. We’ll be looking for your feedback on the new system when the 6.1 PTR goes live.
    From the front page.

Can't find it now, but I read that heirlooms will come in 3 tiers, 60, 90, 100.

If the tab had gone in when originally planned, it would've made running SoO for heirlooms pointless, as anyone would have heirlooms scaling up to 100.

Am I right, or reading into it too much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely reading into it too much...

10+ Year Old Account
    If they had cared about that, they could have easily gated the level 100 upgrades behind doing level 100 content. It wouldn't have affected the heirloom farming at all.

The tokens would not have been available until WoD anyway, so nobody could upgrade their normal stuff.

I'm a bit confused on why it would have impacted SoO Heirlooms. Or why you think that (honestly that sentence didn't make any sense to me).

Seems like they wanted to get people excited about heirlooms. Also this forces people back into stuff they 'finished' as I bet Heroic 5 mans will have one of the upgrade paths for the Heirlooms.

I think you're reading a bit too much into it. That may be part of the reason though.

I think it could be multiple things like most heirlooms are to 80 with a couple to 85 and you can save up honor/JP to upgrade the 80s to 85. IDK if it changed with MoP to 90 but they probably wanted to at least get you to 60 and make you work for the 90 upgrade so that if you didnt want to put the time in to upgrade it you could just buy your 90 boost and since your toon is now 60 he'll get 650 profs. (sketchy but whatever its all cool) For those who want to work for the 90 upgrade they can and it will probably be some sort of apexis equivalent currency which isnt too bad at all in fact less annoying than farming heroics back in the old expansions. and lastly making them to 100 is just a nice little treat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    From the front page.

Can't find it now, but I read that heirlooms will come in 3 tiers, 60, 90, 100.

If the tab had gone in when originally planned, it would've made running SoO for heirlooms pointless, as anyone would have heirlooms scaling up to 100.

Am I right, or reading into it too much?
    Except the heirlooms from JP vendors don't have the item budget of an epic weapon, or sockets. Meaning they still would have been notably inferior to SOO heirlooms. So you can file your topic away under 'complaining for the sake of complaining' I'm afraid.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.