Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    We can only hope that blizzard prioritizes nerfing dks in pvp. Its not okay for a class to put out twice as much pressure via damage as any other class while also have a ridiculous instant self heal cd on a super low timer.
    Someone hasn't seen ret paladins it seems.

Deleted
    Most of the problem dk:s have is not rune management, ppl think this is the case, and get tricked.
    Sure its to some degree and issue, but one of the bigger issues most dk:s have that lowers their dps, is 2h frost swingtimer, combined managing frostrike with your RP and obliterates with your runes.
    at Correct times.

Hope blizzard changes KM like they should have done pre wod thou

If your not dead-set on Unholy maybe try Frost? I barely look at my runes using the base UI because it's far more predictable in what to press next.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Most of the problem dk:s have is not rune management, ppl think this is the case, and get tricked.
    Sure its to some degree and issue, but one of the bigger issues most dk:s have that lowers their dps, is 2h frost swingtimer, combined managing frostrike with your RP and obliterates with your runes.
    at Correct times.

Hope blizzard changes KM like they should have done pre wod thou
    2h should still ignore KM. A perfectly managed swing timer blah is at best around a 1% increase, which in my opinion is just not worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    2h should still ignore KM. A perfectly managed swing timer blah is at best around a 1% increase, which in my opinion is just not worth it at all.
    1%? More like 10%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    1%? More like 10%.
    I assume you have personal experience and math behind that claim? Don't make me call Schiz to rant on you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    1%? More like 10%.
    I (pretty much) ignore Killing Machine procs and ranked in the 99th percentile two weeks in a row on HC Butcher. Your move.

You get used to it. It kind of becomes like a rhythm eventually, I think thats what I like about it. You get this sense of timing to glance at your runes and translate that information into what you should do next. Or you download an addon that puts it right infront of your eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeypower View Post

I guess the point of this thread is that i want someone to tell me that it all gets better and rune mangement will eventually become a second nature..

Thanks for reading.
    Yuup, just keep playing, spend a while designing your own UI and in such a way that you can move things around easily to find the "sweetspots"

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post

-Whatever spec you are, DO NOT button mash. The class is more than that. For example, if two-handed Frost, use your Killing Machine procs on Obliterate, otherwise use them on Frost Strike.
    Umm, KM only works on oblit and FS... whats this point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Umm, KM only works on oblit and FS... whats this point?
    I'm guessing he's talking about priority. If you have the resources for both Obliterate and Frost Strike, you should spend the KM proc on Obliterate. It's basic stuff, but it still escapes some people. I've seen a pre-6.0 DK who had all of her abilities on her hotkey bar and used everything randomly as the abilities and runes came off cooldown. Had to clean the bars up and write down some guidelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a similar problem like the OP.

I enjoy blood tanking and I am still learning how to optimize it. I like blood since you always have something to do. In the meantime I also want a DPS spec in case I have to switch or want to do something else for a change.

I tried all specs, liking unholy the least. So Frost it is. Regardless if DW or 2h it feels like I've got a lot of downtimes with nothing to press outside of some minor CDs, just waiting for my runes to recharge or getting enough RP for a Froststrike. I followed the Icy Veins DK guide btw. Am I doing it wrong? If not will this issue solve itself with more haste and MS?

For instance 2h. You should spamm Obli and only use HB via a proc and spend RP with FS right? If I do that I sometimes have a lucky proc streak but more often than not I wait like 4+ seconds for Obli to become available again.
    Any helpful advise would be appreciated.

Deleted
    download magic runes addon and place it in the lower middle of your screen, once you understand how the runes work, how to properly get death runes and how to use each rune properly you dont need to "focus" on them so much, just glance at them every few seconds. i could completely remove my runes from the screen and know what runes i have easily by what abilities iv used, they arent a big deal once you get used to dk.