Mythic Brackenspore Tips?

Guild is about to start Brackenspore and I was hoping you all had some tips as I haven't seen much discussion on the forums for particular fights. We are having two hunters and our boomkin do guns and from what we've researched our priority is to kill the adds ASAP.

We only raid 8 hours a week so we didn't do any extra Normal/Heroic Clears with alts, so for gear I've just been taking the biggest upgrades I can get with decent stats. I have a 660Ilvl with: Crit: 720, Haste: 940, Mastery: 824. I've been playing mainly Destro and Affliction so far.

The fight seems like Shadowburn Heaven, particularly Havoc changes but I'm a little hesitant to play Destro with all the haste I picked up this week.

I was hoping for tips for mainly three things but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    1) Spec suggestions?
    2) Tips for the spec you suggest.
    - If I went Destro plan was to Shadowburn as much as possible and try not to cap embers
    - If I go Aff plan was to go SB Haunt and just keep dots up on everything. UA/Agony the spores.
    3) Any general fight/positioning tips?

Thanks everyone!
    Lockdavis Full Spectrum US #1 Two Day a Week Guild

don't die to stuff, convince your guild to let you shadowburn everything below 20% and havoc on cd, then pray for your healers, because if your healers suck, this fight is a nightmare

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you plan on playing Affliction, it will not be worthwhile to cast Agony on the Spore Shooters in nearly all situations. This being due to the ramp up time and the fact that the Shooters themselves should not be up long enough for the global to be worthwhile. You should still be casting UA though and either way, your Spore Shooter damage will be abysmally low in comparison to playing Destruction.

We had 2 other destruction warlocks + 2 boomkins so Affliction was an alternative for me. It worked very well with SB:Haunt and just focus on the big add, drain the small adds for extra shards when needed. You can try Soul Swap certain adds that die slowly if you have excess shards but I would definitely not recommend doing it on them all.

Think this is a good fight for DS Glyph? I think it lines up with spore shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Sbtrack View Post
    Think this is a good fight for DS Glyph? I think it lines up with spore shooters
    No, there are almost no times in that encounter (or basically in any encounter currently) where you would want to use the DS glyph. Sure, it may line up with Spore Shooters but you aren't going to get more than 4 Shadowburns off on the 4 Spore Shooters which means 2 charges are wasted and it means you can't Havoc/Cbolt the big add w/ the boss.

With the recent buff to Havoc, I find it really doubtful that you will find better results as affliction on this fight. Destruction benefits so much on this fight from shadowburns and havoc'd shadowburns. Now that havoc is every 15 seconds, you should be more or less swimming in embers.

One thing that would help you would be get some conquest points. ivll 660 items with good stats are available from the PVP vendors, just for having conquest points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    With the recent buff to Havoc, I find it really doubtful that you will find better results as affliction on this fight. Destruction benefits so much on this fight from shadowburns and havoc'd shadowburns. Now that havoc is every 15 seconds, you should be more or less swimming in embers.
    Yup. Seen a huge difference by just doing the little things right, keeping Immolate up, Havoc on CD as far as possible, snipe with Shadowburn as effectively as you can. It's a pretty damn long fight so it's challenging to keep focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post

One thing that would help you would be get some conquest points. ivll 660 items with good stats are available from the PVP vendors, just for having conquest points.
    Affliction will still out-weigh it for raw boss damage but in terms of mechanics Destro is better. With that being said there isn't much need for more than 1 Destro warlock on that encounter so if there are 2 warlocks have one do Aff and one do Destro.

Destruction is just so strong on this fight. Havoc and Shadowburn on spore shooters put it far ahead. And looking at the boss with the goal of progressing on it, you really want to be able to execute the mechanics first and foremost.

Even if you end up hitting the enrage from not enough boss dps, then I would be bringing in an extra cleave melee rather than having your warlock spec affliction.

The extra haste isn't so good for destro, but neither is the crit on this fight. Stack all the mastery you can find and go to town.

Your advice was super helpful everyone.

I found time to cap conquest and was able to get 660 legs and the crit/mastery bracers so I'm gonna go ahead with Destro. All that will really matter till February is Mar'gok and it seems like destro will be best at that. Not sure how demo will do at high gear levels but at this time I'm gonna plan on trying to get Destro gear.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I would advise playing Affliction over Destruction on this fight is if you're going to be handling flamethrowers. In that specific scenario you should focus your efforts purely on the boss and large add and more or less ignore Spore Shooters since you're not going to be doing much effective damage to them anyways. If you're not doing flamethrower I think Destruction is hands down the best spec for this fight. You might get numbers that are pretty close with both specs but Destruction is simply a better progression spec - fingertip burst, decent mobility (shadowburn mostly on this fight), and strong cleave (esp. with new havoc).

You may want to test out affliction today, i just did LFR and my shard regen was stupid high. At times i was capping at four faster than i can recast haunt. At times I had double shard proc went from 1 to 3 and such..

Deleted
    Place your personal Teleport somewhere central and not too far towards the back wall. This will allow you to leave mind fungae quickly very often and what's even better, it will save you a lot of running around tidal waves since you will be able to just teleport through those quite often instead of having to run to the gaps.
    Don't forget to renew it 1-2 times throughout the fight, since this is a 10 minute bossfight in a worst case scenario (or almost 11 minutes for our kill...)

edit: Oh and stack the shit ouf of mastery for that fight. This is a havoc fight, mastery is king there. You may even exchange crit for more mastery and you should at least look after getting more mastery than haste for you destro setup so you get another 100 mastery from feasts.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2014-12-25 at 08:35 AM.

I used destruction and with the havoc buff, it's really strong. Since Spore Shooters are top prio, I use one havoc CB there most of the times. If the raid decide to do some damage to the shooters and not dpswhore (we have these issues), I will havoc SB these. Use your camera movement to check for waves and see the next mushroom the raid will move. Oh, and please tell huntards that Aspect of the Fox is a skill that they HAVE to use when the raid need it. Our hunters play survival on this and they top and they do not need AotF :P They suck balls.

Edit: It turned out like a whine post for the other dps ppl in the raid. sorry.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.