Theres some really fascinating interviews doing the rounds with the devs saying "no microtransactions and no easy more to skip. its not about a story its about the achievment of killing the monsters with friends" and boy were the western journos not happy with the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theres some really fascinating interviews doing the rounds with the devs saying "no microtransactions and no easy more to skip. its not about a story its about the achievment of killing the monsters with friends" and boy were the western journos not happy with the answer.
    Hehehe. Seems like someone is afraid of the consequences of this.

"you mean like, you can do a game, a good game, and you don't need to put lootboxes into it for money, so you mean people buy it because it's just good?"
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    WOrld beta dec 9!!!!!!

Ps players get aloy themed gear
    Wait, does that beta include pc players?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Wait, does that beta include pc players?
    PS+ exclusive i think.

So is this an open beta or a pre-purchase only beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    So is this an open beta or a pre-purchase only beta?
    https://www.destructoid.com/monster-...s-469955.phtml
    It is playstation 4 only for PS+ users only and 3 hunts over 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Hehehe. Seems like someone is afraid of the consequences of this.

"you mean like, you can do a game, a good game, and you don't need to put lootboxes into it for money, so you mean people buy it because it's just good?"
    How can games survive without exploiting its whales!?!?

https://www.destructoid.com/monster-...s-469955.phtml
    It is playstation 4 only for PS+ users only and 3 hunts over 3 days.
    Thanks, then I'm all set to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How can games survive without exploiting its whales!?!?
    I don't really know, this is madness!

I don't really know, this is madness!
    The irony of course is western AAA has spent over ten years saying 'niche markets are too small to cater to' but marketing to 10% of players who are whales is doing just that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let’s not forget capcom can be pretty shit. Keep an eye out for when 6 arrives and world is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Let’s not forget capcom can be pretty shit. Keep an eye out for when 6 arrives and world is popular.
    Capcoms shitty but in different ways to the west. In the west companies like EA think "how much raw profit can this one retail release make us?" but capcoms more like "how much brand synergy can we get out of this ip in the next year for as little work as possible". Which still leads to constant rereleases but i'll take RE4 on the switch over lockboxes in REmake 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Capcoms shitty but in different ways to the west. In the west companies like EA think "how much raw profit can this one retail release make us?" but capcoms more like "how much brand synergy can we get out of this ip in the next year for as little work as possible". Which still leads to constant rereleases but i'll take RE4 on the switch over lockboxes in REmake 2.
    On Disc DLC. Street fighter with no modes. DLC crazy Marvel V Capcom
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-11-02 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    I have a question for you guys.

What would you think about a screen at the end of each hunt showing the "Damage Done" of all party members? (i think Dauntless have this)

Part of me thinks it would be cool. But the other half fears that it would bring toxicity to the game.
    I fear it would bring some of the toxic elitist behavior we see in WoW to Monster Hunter.

But the other half of me thinks it could be cool xD ahah i'm confusing myself

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

What would you think about a screen at the end of each hunt showing the "Damage Done" of all party members? (i think Dauntless have this)

Part of me thinks it would be cool. But the other half fears that it would bring toxicity to the game.
    I fear it would bring some of the toxic elitist behavior we see in WoW to Monster Hunter.

What makes it "pretty good" in Dauntless is that it doesn't actually explain anything. You get a "Master of the Hunt" screen, but then you have generic ranks for everything (gold, silver, bronze) that give you only limited info and considers also the gear you're sporting. Something too detailed would just open up the flood of "BUT THIS WEAPON DOES 0.01% MORE DAMAGE IT'S OP" and "HAI GUSY WHAT?S BEST WEPONZ", which simply put is more detrimental than anything.

I'm all in for something that tells you what you did good and what not to improve your playstyle.

Not to be rude but fuck no leave that shit to MMO's were people need to feel like their dicks big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I don't think it would add anything of value to the game and would make shit very toxic. The MH community (while toxic at times) for the most part is about helping each other, not competing with each other. I fear something like that would ruin the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Nah, I don't think it would add anything of value to the game and would make shit very toxic. The MH community (while toxic at times) for the most part is about helping each other, not competing with each other. I fear something like that would ruin the community.
    Exactly. Monhun: "the party only moves as fast as its slowest member" MMORPGS: "fuck all of you this is my glory you are just vectors to facilitate it, be grateful"

Deleted
    I'm all in for something that tells you what you did good and what not to improve your playstyle.
    Yeah that was my first thought. It would be cool to see us do better each hunt and the information could help us improve our playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    But on the other hand, you are right, MH is about friendship and helping eachother. I've never seen a better community than MH (at least on PS2 times)
    Well at the end some guys were very spoiled and only wanted to do rathalos and rathian IF you could Headlock.
    Low levels saying to me "i only join if you can headlock". -_-
    But apart from that it was a very happy community and you would see high levels helping lower levels ALL the time.

So...i guess it would be a bad thing to add. Just because it would create some toxicity.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Monhun: "the party only moves as fast as its slowest member" MMORPGS: "fuck all of you this is my glory you are just vectors to facilitate it, be grateful"
    Yeah it would create a toxic environment like WoW i'm sure.
    But it could be cool to see you improve and check information to change your playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account

I dont want any salt in my MH
    Most hunts with 4 players are easy AF anyway.