Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Five hours or so left for my area
    Launch time is global. Everyone gets it at the same time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: Does the PC version come with all the content already released to consoles? Like Lunastra and Behemoth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Question: Does the PC version come with all the content already released to consoles? Like Lunastra and Behemoth?
    Quoted from another forum

Existing events rotate every week

There aren't any events you can miss, as they all come back periodically. There's one week every three months that's a special season-themed festival where all events are available at the same time, too.

I'm also going to wait a few days for the Digital Foundry review of the PC version, which isn't a review but more about analyzing the game.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They rotate until the year of content all comes out then when support is done for the game after that all will be unlocked forever. They are trying to balance their usual 'year of support' with monhun and a games as a service thing to buffer retention on new platforms.

So I grinded out the gear I wanted (zorah magdaros) and killed the pink rathian finally.... I am a happy camper now.

Sucks I killed it, I wanted to capture it oh well.

(Ya I know nothing special in killing it lol). Also figures I would get the gem off of Zorah before getting all the mats I needed lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Several hours into it now, I have to say I'm in fucking love.

Of all of the MH games I have played, this one takes the cake. There are so many QoL changes to this (no more bug nets, picks, etc? Hell yeah!) that I just can't stop playing! I just unlocked the first camp so I'm not very far in, but have gotten to where I can kill Great Jagras without taking any damage lol.

I'm really liking that there's actually a story involved! Though the voice acting is weirding me out lol. Not something I expected in a MH game. I actually just read an article that they're going to have Steam Workshop support...MODDING in a Monster Hunter game?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I'm also going to wait a few days for the Digital Foundry review of the PC version, which isn't a review but more about analyzing the game.
    Here is the PC Review, Its a solid port buy it and enjoy. Its getting nothing but praise on its port and you do need a beast of a PC to do 1440P+ Max Settings/60FPS+.

Disable volume rendering if you want a massive fps boost (on average 20FPS+).

Edit: Only people bitching about the port is people who ether A) was pissy it took so long and/or B) thought there rig can do 4K/60FPS max settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I actually just read an article that they're going to have Steam Workshop support...MODDING in a Monster Hunter game?!?!
    If true I may have to buy the PC version now, also INB4 Nude Mod Patch lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-08-10 at 12:26 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I waited to play this for a PC release. Runs well on my machine, can use ReShade, getting mod support. Very cool.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Glad I waited to play this for a PC release. Runs well on my machine, can use ReShade, getting mod support. Very cool.
    Things I expect from the PC mod crowd

Witcher monsters
    Witcher armor
    Geralt being a skin
    Pokemon to hunt
    dark souls bosses
    link.... just straight up hunting link

an angranath in my jagrash hunt? Maybe I can take it down!

*later* no. No i cannot take it down. infact i have to give it a wide damn berth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    an angranath in my jagrash hunt? Maybe I can take it down!

*later* no. No i cannot take it down. infact i have to give it a wide damn berth.
    Anjanath is the first wall for beginners totally meant to go 'hey asshole, go back and upgrade your stuff'. Even if you havent played the series in years but have before the new map interactions can make him a right bitch. I played with friends who skipped 4U and Generations and went from 3U to world and just had their shit pushed in by him until i got them to go get a full set of upgraded gear.

Honestly i think the map changes are a bigger deal than combat controls. Just think if your last game was 3U then the concept of "im going to leap off this ledge and mount the monster or drop it with a greatsword to the head" is completely new and from 4U onwards that totally changed the flow of combat and i would argue some monsters are far less simple to fight if you dont know about mounting and plunge attacks.

Hated mouse and keyboard, had to go back to controller

Deleted
    Well, people were afraid this was gonna be a bad port. They were right. Performance is not good unless you have a hefty PC and even then it´s hit or miss what kind of fps you get. There´s weird mouse acceleration (no raw input). Motion blur without the option to turn it off. No push to talk button should you decide to use the ingame voice options. Unskippable cutscenes (if you already saw them on console you have to sit through them again). Everyone in your party still has to see cutscenes to be able to play the campaign missions together. The game defaults to Steam Big Picture mode for some reason ( you have to turn that off).

Nothing here indicates they took 6 month to make a quality PC port. This is just the bare minimum to get this thing running on PCs.

So experiencing two small problems/annoyances with the game, first being that
    monsters you fight in expedition mode can just suddenly decide to leave even if they are wounded and missing body parts,
    i guess either my damage is too low and i spend too much time fighting or there`s something i`m missing to keep them on the map
    until they die.

Second would be the lack of a "sticky targetting" feature, maybe there is one but i haven`t found it, it`s abit of a hassle having to cycle through lock
    on targets especially if there are several enemies in a place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    monsters you fight in expedition mode can just suddenly decide to leave even if they are wounded and missing body parts,
    i guess either my damage is too low and i spend too much time fighting or there`s something i`m missing to keep them on the map
    until they die.

Second would be the lack of a "sticky targetting" feature, maybe there is one but i haven`t found it, it`s abit of a hassle having to cycle through lock
    Yeah monsters have a time limit where they will just bugger off if you don't damage them fast enough. This is not only helped by getting better weapons made but also as you find more evidence of them it will get to the point you spawn in and it will instantly detect and point you to them, with the ability to fast travel with no loading once you unlock more camps you find on the map means you can get to them in seconds instead of having to track them.

Also very few veterans would tell you to use any form of lock on. It can ready screw with your actual combat. As you progress you will want to have more precision either to not hit other players, focus on parts you want to break on smaller large monsters or just to ensure something like a combo ends hitting an explosive barell or something. In free camera you can fully direct your character, locked on just screws with that. Also more importantly later focussing tunnel vision style is a bad idea if you don't hear the roar of another monster coming up from behind you.

until they die.
    As danny said, the monsters have a set amount of time they spend in the locale. (About 20-30mins I think?) So if you see a message about them leaving the locale soon, you have maybe 5 minutes left. In those cases it's not worth even engaging the monster. Other advice: Unless you want to leisurely gather or collect tracks, it's a far better use of your time just doing Investigations and similar things that give bonus rewards than trying to track down monsters in expedition mode. You will get kills faster and get more rewards overall. Either join others, or you can start your own Investigation then pop the SOS flare to get others to help wrap it up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsmith View Post
    Well, people were afraid this was gonna be a bad port. They were right. Performance is not good unless you have a hefty PC and even then it´s hit or miss what kind of fps you get.
    And this is false.

If you are trying to run it above what your PC can do you will have problems. Its not hard at all to run it at a stable 60FPS even on a low end rig.

What is your system spec? What are you trying to run at? You are like one of two people I have seen complain about the performance. If you built your PC in the last 5 years you will have no trouble running it.

If your on a shitty APU from 8 years ago you will.

Like I said early'er, The only people I see complain about the performance is those on old rigs or people just wanting to complain because it took so long to come out.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-08-10 at 08:39 PM.

Performance seems solid for me. No issues at all except for some online-related errors.

I've cussed at my computer left and right though due to general console port control weirdness.

I've seen the DLC emotes & such now too, and it makes me wonder...

#1. Who shells out $1-2 for a single face tattoo...
    #2. Who came up with the idea of selling face tattoos for $1-2 apiece, instead of bundling them into a larger pack with stickers and such for $5-6

I've seen this in other games, but especially in a game like this where you ostensibly focus entirely on one character.... why would you buy more than one tattoo ? as much as keeping the price down makes sense for impulse buys, its unlikely to see repeat business... so... its likely more profitable to sell 3 tattoos for $3 than it is to sell them separately for $2.

I'm just glad there's nothing of consequence in the DLC though...

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah monsters have a time limit where they will just bugger off if you don't damage them fast enough. This is not only helped by getting better weapons made but also as you find more evidence of them it will get to the point you spawn in and it will instantly detect and point you to them, with the ability to fast travel with no loading once you unlock more camps you find on the map means you can get to them in seconds instead of having to track them.

Also very few veterans would tell you to use any form of lock on. It can ready screw with your actual combat. As you progress you will want to have more precision either to not hit other players, focus on parts you want to break on smaller large monsters or just to ensure something like a combo ends hitting an explosive barell or something. In free camera you can fully direct your character, locked on just screws with that. Also more importantly later focussing tunnel vision style is a bad idea if you don't hear the roar of another monster coming up from behind you.
    Allright, thanks for the information, not played a MH game since i had a PSP.
    I`m probably doing it all wrong, using the Insect Glaive weapon and basically attacking constantly in the air with the spinning dash move,
    it`s great fun but i always had the impression i wasn`t doing much damage, switched to the Hammer now and things die alot faster,
    makes it harder though not being able to be as mobile.

Allright, thanks for the information, not played a MH game since i had a PSP.
    I`m probably doing it all wrong, using the Insect Glaive weapon and basically attacking constantly in the air with the spinning dash move,
    it`s great fun but i always had the impression i wasn`t doing much damage, switched to the Hammer now and things die alot faster,
    makes it harder though not being able to be as mobile.
    For hammer you just charge it up and smash it around the head, then when its down you run up and do the pound combo on its head for insane damage.

I would recommend soon as you can look into the arena at the multiplayer hub on the top floor. You just do a few 2 player hunts -you can solo them- for coins that unlock new recipes and there is an amazing stun hammer you can get super early for its power level from there i still use as my go to hammer as its stun is so high.