Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Lobster set is created from lobster pieces you pick up with the casting machine in sunsnug isle your cats home island. Its unlocked early in the story mode, you can also get plesioth fins and scales there to make water based armour/weapons.

Including a very nice water bowgun/bow/heavy bowgun.
    Wouldn't my HR7 Dahren mohran gear be better then caravan 4(or is it 5) gear?

After getting to the very final phase of dalamadur, my group wiped. Was so close! Ugh. Hate this boss. Anything he can do mostly will one shot me. Apparently I am not the only gunner like that since all of his damage is true damage so my resistances mean nothing. Sadly can't pump out the damage to beat him on my own. Only thing is, his meteor strikes wreck me on my own. They pop up in random places and sometimes during my rapid fire. If two of them decide to be next to one another and the first hits me during rapid fire, its gg.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

After getting to the very final phase of dalamadur, my group wiped. Was so close! Ugh. Hate this boss. Anything he can do mostly will one shot me. Apparently I am not the only gunner like that since all of his damage is true damage so my resistances mean nothing. Sadly can't pump out the damage to beat him on my own. Only thing is, his meteor strikes wreck me on my own. They pop up in random places and sometimes during my rapid fire. If two of them decide to be next to one another and the first hits me during rapid fire, its gg.
    Basically evade gear makes you invulnerable to damage immediately after and during your roll/dodge. The greater the evade the longer the time period. There is also evade distance found on lagombi gear which increase the length of your dodge, making it easier to evade larger attacks.
    According to other sites evade gear isn't very common at high rank and you tend to have to mix and match sets to get the buffs.

Lagombi Cap
    King Lobster Shell
    Lagombi Vambraces
    Nargacuga Faulds
    King Lobster Greaves

Will get you evade +3 and evade distance up. once you trow in a few evade gems too that is.
    Some people are using Stygian Zinorge HR set which is unscated, fast charge, evasion +1, and drg attack up.

Which weapon are you using? Light bowgun is more for team support and heavy bowgun is for the damage/siege. So you may also want to base your armour around that too.
    Last edited by Miyani; 2015-02-27 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Gear, especially for a gunner since, like you said, you get one shot, is all about the armor skills. The Dah'ren Mohran set isn't bad, but it's an offensive pierce set. Obviously pierce shots won't always be best for every boss so you could keep it around but switch out your sets depending on what you need.

Evade+ and Evade Dist are just really good for learning bosses because they'll save you alot, even if you don't really realize it.

Don't forget to upgrade with armour spheres too, it can make all the difference with the stats they add. A full upgraded low rank set will be much better than a non upgraded high rank set.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    finding a group to kill akantor has got to be the hardest part in reaching g rank
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    finding a group to kill akantor has got to be the hardest part in reaching g rank
    Isn't he just a key quest? I have been trying for days to kill dalamadur with no luck. He is all that stands between me and the final urgent quest for g rank.

- - - Updated - - -

Which weapon are you using? Light bowgun is more for team support and heavy bowgun is for the damage/siege. So you may also want to base your armour around that too.
    I do use light bowgun.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he just a key quest? I have been trying for days to kill dalamadur with no luck. He is all that stands between me and the final urgent quest for g rank.

- - - Updated - - -

I do use light bowgun.
    He is but most people die alot to wind tunnel and tail
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    He is but most people die alot to wind tunnel and tail
    Ah. Hope you get it .

i just made it to high rank on the guild anyone in the same situation want to progress together?

Finally got dalamadur! I have learned its phases and how to dive >!

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got dalamadur! I have learned its phases and how to dive >!
    Congrats!

feelsgoodman.jpg
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Congrats!

feelsgoodman.jpg
    Yup. Time to work on ukanlos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot killed shagaru magalah !
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Woot killed shagaru magalah !
    Nice! Really liked that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah now im farming gore magalah to get the upgraded switchaxe !
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Nice! Really liked that fight.
    I didn't care for it much. He was easy but as a gunnner I really hate flat, small areas.

Hit G rank! Ukanalos was so easy to do compared to dalamadur!

Here is what I don't get. Dalamadur was this massive, huge snake thing that was able to hit through all resistances and was made up to be this huge monster that was threatening to destroy the Entire World. Yet we get the quest to kill Ukanlos and the guild master says that its our "test" to see if we can be cleared for g rank. Why do we need a test for g rank after stopping dalamadur, the one about to destroy the world?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2015-02-28 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't care for it much. He was easy but as a gunnner I really hate flat, small areas.

Here is what I don't get. Dalamadur was this massive, huge snake thing that was able to hit through all resistances and was made up to be this huge monster that was threatening to destroy the Entire World. Yet we get the quest to kill Ukanlos and the guild master says that its our "test" to see if we can be cleared for g rank. Why do we need a test for g rank after stopping dalamadur, the one about to destroy the world?
    dumb quest line design XD

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    yeah now im farming gore magalah to get the upgraded switchaxe !
    I still need to farm himfor feelers -.- but getting them is a bitch with a lance. Currently at Shagaru Magala in village butbeen putting him off. Would be higher than HR 2 but unfortunately i have no friends that play monster hunter. Its a shame the online works on street pass and not an open web based gathering where you can just post looking for this and that quest.

I still need to farm himfor feelers -.- but getting them is a bitch with a lance. Currently at Shagaru Magala in village butbeen putting him off. Would be higher than HR 2 but unfortunately i have no friends that play monster hunter. Its a shame the online works on street pass and not an open web based gathering where you can just post looking for this and that quest.
    Someone posted this before, but here it is again
    http://www.reddit.com/r/monsterhunterclan

I used that site to get groups for urgent quests. For key quests its not needed to much. Here
    http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/guild

A list of all the guild quests with the key and urgent ones marked. Finding the key quests isn't too hard. The urgent ones are the hardest. When finding a guild hall or making one, you can actually select a target, aka the monster you're aiming to kill. However, it wont work for the urgent and finding a group for those is rather hard at times since only 1 person gets credit for the urgent kill. It is harder then if you had friends at times, depending on when you're on, but doable. I just hit G1 all without any set group.

And for feelers, you will really want to capture gore magala. Unless you can manage to break its feelers during combat. That is how I had to get my feelers.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you create a gathering hall you can list what monster/quest you're going to be doing and you can also look for specific bosses as well.

As for the feelers, you can capture, but I personally had a lot of success telling people to break the feelers when he's enraged. People seemed to know what to do. Only problem you may run into is doing too much damage to him in rage mode and knocking him out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

He's definitely easy (as all the village quests are up to that point), but his mechanics were cool enough that at G rank I'm sure he'll be a challenging fight.