10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    I still need to farm himfor feelers -.- but getting them is a bitch with a lance. Currently at Shagaru Magala in village butbeen putting him off. Would be higher than HR 2 but unfortunately i have no friends that play monster hunter. Its a shame the online works on street pass and not an open web based gathering where you can just post looking for this and that quest.
    I had 0 issues with feelers, i just didnt use mounting at all on normal phase and try to pop the dmg bonus from the virus while focusing on gore's tail until i cut it off (it was the only item that i was farming due to it having 70% droprate), when enraged you use mounting, hit like a maniac (in my case used blade from SA and X-A-X-A to no end or followed with X+A) then set up a pitfall trap so i could get to his head faster and bingo
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Been chugging along, finally hit HR on my first foray into the series. Got a couple questions:

Can I capture monsters in ANY quest? Or will you only complete the quest if you capture in a capture quest?

Also, how do you use barrel bombs as blademaster? They don't seem to have a fuse, but rather explode on impact. If I swing my LS at them, I'd blow up, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Been chugging along, finally hit HR on my first foray into the series. Got a couple questions:

Can I capture monsters in ANY quest? Or will you only complete the quest if you capture in a capture quest?

Also, how do you use barrel bombs as blademaster? They don't seem to have a fuse, but rather explode on impact. If I swing my LS at them, I'd blow up, too.
    Any quest, and large bombs you detonate with paintball or stone or small barrel bombs
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Any quest, and large bombs you detonate with paintball or stone or small barrel bombs
    Thanks!
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I didn't care for it much. He was easy but as a gunnner I really hate flat, small areas.

Hit G rank! Ukanalos was so easy to do compared to dalamadur!

Here is what I don't get. Dalamadur was this massive, huge snake thing that was able to hit through all resistances and was made up to be this huge monster that was threatening to destroy the Entire World. Yet we get the quest to kill Ukanlos and the guild master says that its our "test" to see if we can be cleared for g rank. Why do we need a test for g rank after stopping dalamadur, the one about to destroy the world?
    Same thing basically in 3. You kill giant whale that was causing huge earthquakes, but then other things are more threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I had 0 issues with feelers, i just didnt use mounting at all on normal phase and try to pop the dmg bonus from the virus while focusing on gore's tail until i cut it off (it was the only item that i was farming due to it having 70% droprate), when enraged you use mounting, hit like a maniac (in my case used blade from SA and X-A-X-A to no end or followed with X+A) then set up a pitfall trap so i could get to his head faster and bingo
    When I'm bored with the switch axe, I use the X+A in axe form, and spam A for the silly swinging that uses stamina. Granted it's not half bad, but uses so much stamina and you're basically left open if you don't stop it early anyway. But yes, go ham on its head while its enraged, it's not too bad honestly once you get the hang of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use axe A spam for charging the blade form =P
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post

Usually yes, you can capture any monster on any quest, well, the big bad ones that is. You can tell when you can capture them a few ways. The first is when they are limping. Once they start to limp, they are ready for capture. The second is if you know their pattern. they all have a tendency to go to 1 place when they are near death, and wont go to that area any other time. For example, gore magala will go to area 9 when its near death. This is the absolute best time to capture the monsters since when they are limping, they may go to another area first for only a short time before headed onto the next to try to sleep.

The only things you cannot capture are elder dragons. I haven't quite figured out how to tell which dragons are considered elder yet.

To capture, set a shock trap when they are limping. Then get the monster to run over it and then use tranqs on it. Some monsters have loot that can only be gotten via trapping or has loot items that have a Much higher chance to be gotten when trapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The only things you cannot capture are elder dragons. I haven't quite figured out how to tell which dragons are considered elder yet.
    I think they'll tell you, but usually its pretty simple to tell. You can also buy the books from the shop, they'll tell you.
    http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/...:Elder_Dragons

It's not only the ones in Monster Hunter 4, but the only one I could think that people might not realize off hand is the Kirin is an elder dragon.

Here's the MH4U list only
    http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/...#Elder_Dragons
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-02-28 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorta a lie you can capture some of the elder dragons just not the big bad ones like akantor and ukanlos/fatalis/dala
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Anyone know where I can get ancient shards? I need to get a good light bowgun to start g rank and so far, I am having no luck.

I am also looking to start a melee weapon. Considering switch axe but it looks like it hits my team mates around like no ones business. Can anyone recommend a good melee weapon? Also, how do melee survive? Is their defenses just that much greater then a bowgunner?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2015-02-28 at 11:39 PM.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I unlocked the high rank meowster hunter missions not long ago, and it starts with 1 mission option each time. In other words, when you go to select a mission for your meowster hunters to go on, there's one mission option available. Does anyone know specifically when/how to increase that to 3 missions?

Edit: 2 missions at a time unlocked by beating the Pink Rathalos in the caravan quests.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2015-03-01 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know where I can get ancient shards? I need to get a good light bowgun to start g rank and so far, I am having no luck.

I am also looking to start a melee weapon. Considering switch axe but it looks like it hits my team mates around like no ones business. Can anyone recommend a good melee weapon? Also, how do melee survive? Is their defenses just that much greater then a bowgunner?
    Ancient shards are from volcanic mount and frozen seaway i think
    http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Item_List

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorta a lie you can capture some of the elder dragons just not the big bad ones like akantor and ukanlos/fatalis/dala
    It's not a lie actually. You cannot capture any of the Elder Dragons period. Akantor and Ukanlos aren't Elder Dragons. The reason is that none of the Elder Dragons can be trapped, so you cannot cap them with Tranqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's not a lie actually. You cannot capture any of the Elder Dragons period. Akantor and Ukanlos aren't Elder Dragons. The reason is that none of the Elder Dragons can be trapped, so you cannot cap them with Tranqs.
    Yea, Ukanlos and Akantor are flying wyverns. Because that makes so much more sense.
    Monster Hunter logic - everything's a wyvern.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2015-03-01 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hate the c-stick on the new 3ds so much. I learned the right way to use it and I just think it's super awkward. Kinda wish I could just use a circle pad pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hate the c-stick on the new 3ds so much. I learned the right way to use it and I just think it's super awkward. Kinda wish I could just use a circle pad pro.
    Yea definitely too small and not enough sensitivity in it, especially when your hands start sweating T-T sry if i sounded like an ass

Yea definitely too small and not enough sensitivity in it, especially when your hands start sweating T-T sry if i sounded like an ass
    I have that problem too. A bit more when trying to turn a certain way because of how my thumbs bend. I use it only for my camera. Maybe I will have to use it more as a melee then a gunner.

So how do i get better palico armors?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2015-03-01 at 08:25 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure many would appreciate a proper 2nd analog stick.

On a side note, why isn't Capcom releasing this for other platforms - it's fairly "old" graphics-wise; not much optimization need to get decent performance, shouldn't be too hard to port.

I would like to see it on PC or maybe PS4.

PS: It's really odd that it's strapped for cash then don't do obvious things that might bring in more money. Porting to the PS4 and PC should be easy as it's killing 2 birds with one stone, since the PS4 was designed with the ease of porting in mind.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2015-03-01 at 09:36 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I find it extremely comfortable tbh. However i play a melee and most of the times locking a monster and usling L is just faster - though i use it a lot in "free roaming" mode.

Maybe it becomes worse for harder monsters and/or playing a ranged character.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    PS: It's really odd that it's strapped for cash then don't do obvious things that might bring in more money. Porting to the PS4 and PC should be easy as it's killing 2 birds with one stone, since the PS4 was designed with the ease of porting in mind.
    Its nintendo. They don't do a lot that would make sense. Should see how often the mess over anyone whos Not Japanese on pokemon events. Its not surprising that they wouldn't put it on another platform though. Sony and Microsoft are both seeing a lot of profit loss as of lately. That may be why.