So I finally got around to beating the game.

I don't know about you guys, but I had more issues with the Frenzied Brach than the last like, three quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So I finally got around to beating the game.

I don't know about you guys, but I had more issues with the Frenzied Brach than the last like, three quests.
    Still have to reach that, but heard about Brachidios from everyone Also, last "story" quest unlocks arena in single player, which is definitely harder than anything before.

What i like more of this game is that there are so many options to play and the progression path is really rewarding. next playthough with a new char will be all diodge and dual blades that looks significantly harder than charge blade atm.

Question: i have started the Arachnoscale tree finally (man, the weapon is gorgeous and DAMN the sound of sheating), and found that poisoning enemies is definitely useful. Any way to boost the damage/chance to poison monsters - maybe with status att. +?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realized that when farming gore magala+ for the weapon upgrade i got the full hr.gore set, it wrecked brachi so bad that i ended using like 4 mega pots only, same with deviljho, my first encounter with him and i used around 6 megapots (and went to home bed to restore myself from the virus, so i think i didnt do too well) but that was mostly at the beggining of the fight while learning his moves, now frenzied seregios? HAHAHAHHAH i farmed seregios like crazy for the hunting horn which i never learnt how to use so i wasted the crafting =P! but it's not gonna be that hard with some mosswhine jerky.

I beleive status+ causes more poisoning.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Still have to reach that, but heard about Brachidios from everyone Also, last "story" quest unlocks arena in single player, which is definitely harder than anything before.

What i like more of this game is that there are so many options to play and the progression path is really rewarding. next playthough with a new char will be all diodge and dual blades that looks significantly harder than charge blade atm.

Question: i have started the Arachnoscale tree finally (man, the weapon is gorgeous and DAMN the sound of sheating), and found that poisoning enemies is definitely useful. Any way to boost the damage/chance to poison monsters - maybe with status att. +?
    Status attack up increases the status damage, so you will poison the monster faster but the poison damage itself is fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha frenzied seregios? CAKEWALK ! kushala daora looks scary as fuckkkkk 8(
    aaaand i got frenzied seregios gem?! desire sensor, you cheeky cheeky cheeky CHEEEEEEEEKy bastard, why wont you give me gore gem?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    These graphics XD, mainly the boobs
    http://mmoculture.com/2015/04/monste...-boss-monster/

Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-04-03 at 05:52 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks really sweet but... pay2win is the fear i got.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: just unlocked the 10* egg quest, finished it after killing the two tigrex and now i got the fatalis quest FUCK YEAH >:0

- - - Updated - - -

Just did my first 10* quest, Silver rath, burnt almost all my pots on that monster, so hard 8(

I haven't even tried the Silver Rath yet, I would hope it stands up to the original challenge.

I mean, I like challenging monsters, what makes me rage though is like the last few stupid quests, where someone decided to try to be Oprah and give everyone a Seregrios. Dung bomb it out of the area, whatever I'm fighting just flees to the same area like, 5 minutes later.

I don't think I've ever really done arena honestly that much, aside from the ones that you keep your own gear, like the lil' Uragaan one in MH3U.

Woooh. Finally back at grank bronze crown. Just need to reach gold crown and im basically at where i use to be.
    160 hours to get to bronze crown new save.
    320 on old one.
    Man. I was slow on my old save ;D

Now i just am chilling out atm. Gonna make some good weapons like Daora's glaive super kinsect. And a decent armor set. (P.S SCREW YOU SHAH DALAMDAURUDUAURURUARD! WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU TO GET YOUR DAMN HELM!)
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I haven't even tried the Silver Rath yet, I would hope it stands up to the original challenge.

I mean, I like challenging monsters, what makes me rage though is like the last few stupid quests, where someone decided to try to be Oprah and give everyone a Seregrios. Dung bomb it out of the area, whatever I'm fighting just flees to the same area like, 5 minutes later.

I don't think I've ever really done arena honestly that much, aside from the ones that you keep your own gear, like the lil' Uragaan one in MH3U.
    It was a really tough fight that required me to be on my toes every freaking second of it, it's WAAAAAAAAAAY too mobile, like it demands to have GS+Fast sheathing cuz it flies like a moth, and its poison talon is just annoying "oh you're 1000 km's away? np lemme go fighter jet style and hit you in 1 second fly time", you learn how to "predict" his talon attack (has almost no tales) and use the superman jump for the iframes.

next playthough with a new char will be all diodge and dual blades that looks significantly harder than charge blade atm.
    This is all I've done in this game so far, cause I used to play lann in vindictus and I wanted that back.

Dual blades don't seem very popular though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried using charge blade and holy hell it has a lot of intricacies and mechanics you need to learn to be good D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This is all I've done in this game so far, cause I used to play lann in vindictus and I wanted that back.

Dual blades don't seem very popular though.
    It's because dual wielders are generally reckless as hell and in monster hunter you suffer almost immediately for that approach. People would much rather rock a greatsword for "LOLDRAWCRIT" or an Insect Glaive for super fast, super buffed, over-the-top combos.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    finding a good dual blade player is just too freaking hard, managing archdemon is not as easy as it may seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting deep into the 9* caravan quests now, it feels like this is the point where caravan starts being hard. Seregios' everywhere while you're hunting super fast monsters with massive health pools, health bar wrecking attacks, super duper tracking and rare openings.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Tried using charge blade and holy hell it has a lot of intricacies and mechanics you need to learn to be good D:
    It's so satisfying though... until the monster jumps out of the way right as you do a 5 phial ultra burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seregios is not that hard really, silver rathalos is fucking annoying tho, dem homing talons at 10000km/hr... switchaxe loving.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    It's because dual wielders are generally reckless as hell and in monster hunter you suffer almost immediately for that approach. People would much rather rock a greatsword for "LOLDRAWCRIT" or an Insect Glaive for super fast, super buffed, over-the-top combos.
    Whenever I look up streams I swear most people in them are doing exactly that xD. SoOoOo many GS users it seems like.

Yeah it was super punishing to be lann in vindictus as well, a lot of times people would just get kicked on entry because they would die all the time and that game didn't really do a good job of easing you into it. It used to suck because I'd be one of those people who played to solo bosses meant for groups but I'd get auto-kicked in groups because of the stigma.

This game is (so far) a lot more forgiving though, in that it paces you really well with the caravan stuff to train you up which I've been really impressed with. Not a lot of games pull that off so well, especially 10 years into the franchise where a brand new player can jump in and its intuitive instead of daunting with 10 years of piled up information.

Really glad my friend pointed me to this game, enjoyed vindictus a lot and missed it but refused to go back because of nexon being a horrible company and the gearing system being horrendous.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2015-04-07 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Seregios is not that hard really, silver rathalos is fucking annoying tho, dem homing talons at 10000km/hr... switchaxe loving.
    Seregios is just annoying when you have to dung bomb him off more than a couple of times on a long and already difficult hunt. Stygian Zingore, Azure Rath (also has homing talons of doom) and especially Frenzied Brachydios weren't very accomodating to my need to run and chuck a dung bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Seregios is just annoying when you have to dung bomb him off more than a couple of times on a long and already difficult hunt. Stygian Zingore, Azure Rath (also has homing talons of doom) and especially Frenzied Brachydios weren't very accomodating to my need to run and chuck a dung bomb.
    Honestly i found HR Sergerios and his Apex form very very easy. Even Grank variants are still easy expect Apex since he hits like a truck.. I find Black Gravios a pain though.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Which is the thing that makes me die a lot of times. Maybe playing dual blades and being forced to play defensively because no block/all dodge will make me improve my playstyle.

Charge blade is awesome. So much versatility on a single weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This game is (so far) a lot more forgiving though, in that it paces you really well with the caravan stuff to train you up which I've been really impressed with. Not a lot of games pull that off so well, especially 10 years into the franchise where a brand new player can jump in and its intuitive instead of daunting with 10 years of piled up information.
    It's more forgiving in the sense the difficulty curve is less steep than old chapters for sure - also i think that DS hardware itself asks for a more forgiving game.
    The curve anyway is skewed in some points, like some low level quests are harder than some high level ones.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.