10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/08...r-generations/

During a recent Monster Hunter community event, Nintendo UK asked fans what features they were most excited about in Monster Hunter Generations. The fans discussed the game’s Hunting Styles, its notable returning monsters, and more. You can watch it all in the video below.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    The demo is out for everyone today and I've been trying out Adept Longsword. It's everything I've ever dreamed of, but it's really cool how it's really suited to some monsters (Nargacuga) and hard to use on others (Malfesto). Can't wait to master all the monsters with this style.

It also is probably gonna get me killed a lot because I just stand in front of the monsters fearlessly, taunting them to come at me.

I'm debating downloading the demo cause I'm not sure if I wanna blue ball myself like that.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you after playing the jpn version for a while that palicos are fucking amazing but grindy as all hell.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

As someone who don't own a 3DS anymore or a Wii-U is the PC version worth checking out?

I have heard its a pain and from the MH-PC thread I heard its kinda p2w.

Never really got into MH but have wanted to. I played abit of MH3 or whatever it was called on the 3DS (The last one).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean MHO? it's really different from the current MH experience, the weapons dont work the same way, have different combos and setups for it, it's a good way to get "introduced" yeah but not totally good, i'd recommend you trying mh3 on dolphin or mhFU-Mhportable3rd on the psp emulator with hd textures.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I will second that you should just play one of the main series games on a PSP or Wii emulator. Freedom Unite is great, but it's harder than the newer ones at least initially. Portable 3rd is cool but you'd need to get the english patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, FU has some bullshit stuff (HITBOXES PLEASEEEE PLESIOTH) and not having an analog stick for the camera on the psp is hell (and no targeting system T_T). But yeah, imo portable 3rd is the best from the PSP era, but it's harder and most of the endgame stuff will require you to do multiplayer. MH4U imo is the best one for soloing due to how caravan quests are structured, they work up to pretty much the higher levels of high rank (not g-rank tho), whereas the other instalments get you to low high rank at best and with a lot of monsters not even seen, Portable 3rd has a fuckton of "endgame" monsters that no other series got to enjoy sadly, and due to it only being in japan that limited the ammount of multiplayer you could do :'(.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bow? Adept. Dual Blades? Adept. Longsword? Adept asf. Insect Glaive? Adept.

Basically this game is Adept Hunter: Generations and I am completely fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Bow? Adept. Dual Blades? Adept. Longsword? Adept asf. Insect Glaive? Adept.

Basically this game is Adept Hunter: Generations and I am completely fine with that.
    Aerial style seems to exist just for twin blades which is straight up ridiculous.

And apparently SnS is all about striker(?), I imagine we'll see plenty of mix.

Though I need adept in my life as its all this game was missing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    And apparently SnS is all about striker(?), I imagine we'll see plenty of mix.

Though I need adept in my life as its all this game was missing for me.
    From what I've heard, Dual Blades uses Aerial and Adept, Longsword uses Adept, Greatsword uses Guild Style or Aerial, Insect Glaive uses Aerial or Adept, Hammer uses Adept, Bow uses Adept, and SNS uses Striker. I don't know about the others though. I haven't looked into them.

Seems for the most part that Adept is really good for a lot of weapons. The "tradeoff" is that it is harder to use, but honestly I find Aerial the hardest to use, because if you do it haphazardly you'll end up getting crushed by the monster.

Thx for the reply's guys at some point I will check out the other MH games and give it a fair shake.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Seems for the most part that Adept is really good for a lot of weapons. The "tradeoff" is that it is harder to use, but honestly I find Aerial the hardest to use, because if you do it haphazardly you'll end up getting crushed by the monster.
    A lot of people find using Iframes difficult, I mean dark souls is considered difficult for a reason even though its just abusing iframes and butt poking your way to victory. Iframes are pretty hard to compete with if you're using them effectively though, so I could see how most weapons would lean that way.

I'm stoked for this game, I've always loved dual swords in these kinds of games and all that was really missing from DS for me in MH4U was iframes. So this is perfect! Though I will miss the spinning off ledges. Might take that special thingamajig to get some of that action back.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people find using Iframes difficult, I mean dark souls is considered difficult for a reason even though its just abusing iframes and butt poking your way to victory. Iframes are pretty hard to compete with if you're using them effectively though, so I could see how most weapons would lean that way.

I'm stoked for this game, I've always loved dual swords in these kinds of games and all that was really missing from DS for me in MH4U was iframes. So this is perfect! Though I will miss the spinning off ledges. Might take that special thingamajig to get some of that action back.
    It is certainly harder than in Dark Souls because Monsters have attacks that they don't telegraph whatsoever, you just kinda have to predict it, but the Adept perfect evade is actually pretty forgiving. I find it harder to do the followup attack with certain weapons than actually getting the perfect evade off.

Wait a second - you have it already or you're all playing the demo?

Anyway yes, Adept is really good for a broad variety of weapons. But i suppose i'll go dual swords + Aerial because funk it i'm a tornado.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Wait a second - you have it already or you're all playing the demo?

Anyway yes, Adept is really good for a broad variety of weapons. But i suppose i'll go dual swords + Aerial because funk it i'm a tornado.
    I've been playing the demo.

I download the demo but I dunno if I want to play it and blue ball myself. Its all a test of willpower right now.

I download the demo but I dunno if I want to play it and blue ball myself. Its all a test of willpower right now.
    I'm waiting for 15th too.

As a sidenote - here our local gamestop has a deal on MHG; you bring two 3ds games and it will costs only 10 euros.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Its literally crushing my soul right now waiting for the 15th. I've been putzing about with the demo while still playing MH4U and trying to solo my Kushla Daora Guild Quest to 140 when I'm not playing that (at 126 now). I'm super pumped about it but I'm torn about what weapon I want to use.

MH4U I used pretty much explicitly GS.
    MH Tri and MH3U I used mostly SwagAxe along with some amount of twin blades until I made the brachy swaxe.
    MHG I'm waffling between twin blades and bow. Bow because I want to try a gunner weapon but after taking 50 minutes to kill a Queropeco on 3U I'm not too keen on the LBG or HBG. Twin Blades because aerial is so freaking stylish with them.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature