Page 3 of 205 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Untrue. If you own a WiiU and a 3DS, you only actuallly need the 3DS version. There is software for the WiiU you can download from the Nintendo eshop called the Packet Transfer or something like that. It turns your WiiU into a hotspot and you use it to play online with your 3DS.

The only real reason to own BOTH is...the WiiU version is pretty, and it's more convenient.
    Last I remember though, your Wii U needs to be hooked up directly to the internet. You can't use WiFi connection.

But yes, Switch Axe all the way in MH3U. I usually use the long sword though, I love juggling the buff.

I honestly forget what armor I have at the moment...I'll have to check in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Last I remember though, your Wii U needs to be hooked up directly to the internet. You can't use WiFi connection.

But yes, Switch Axe all the way in MH3U. I usually use the long sword though, I love juggling the buff.

I honestly forget what armor I have at the moment...I'll have to check in a bit.
    You can trick it, though. All the WiiU needs is a LAN adapter...I hook it through my LAPTOP and my laptop is connected wirelessly to my network. Just bridge the connections and the console now thinks the connection is directly to the router and it works just fine.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    You can trick it, though. All the WiiU needs is a LAN adapter...I hook it through my LAPTOP and my laptop is connected wirelessly to my network. Just bridge the connections and the console now thinks the connection is directly to the router and it works just fine.
    Oh, really? That's interesting, didn't think to try that honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh, really? That's interesting, didn't think to try that honestly.
    Just make sure the Ethernet you use with the WiiU IS NOT a crossover one. The LAN adapters for the WiiU should come with an Ethernet cord, make sure you use that one. If you are uncertain if the cable is a cross over or not: Look at the head of the cable, if the wires inside are many colors, it is crossover. If it is mostly a single color you are good to go. No idea why, but the WiiU LAN adapters hate crossover cables (even mentions it in the instructions for them...)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a shield/sword so cutting parts is usually a pain in the ass, but I always get his tail/chest

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I use a shield/sword so cutting parts is usually a pain in the ass, but I always get his tail/chest
    I think you also will be unable/have an extremely hard time to break the face of monsters, I believe you need blunt weapons like the hammer to do that easily. Usually why it's best to quest with friends, have one bash the face while you cut off the tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    once I log back in tomorrow Ill see what multiplayer is all about. But I def wanna make some diablos armor

- - - Updated - - -

I mean lagiacrus horn not mantle

- - - Updated - - -

Ratholos is annoying, I think my game bugged and when he flew off he despawned for 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ratholos is annoying, I think my game bugged and when he flew off he despawned for 20 minutes
    Did you have him marked with a paintball? Sometimes if you're just trying to locate a monster blindly you can get some seriously bad luck, especially with anything that flies. I can't count the number of times early in my hunting career I'd been too lazy to paintball and ended up wasting tons of time chasing the monster because they decided to leave the room just as I figured out where they'd flown off to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did have him paintballed, he kept randomly spawning and then the paintball went away after i found him and he flew again.

I took on Barioth right after, pretty easy, but his model makes him awesome

I just did the resource farming and im gettin read for credeus

- - - Updated - - -

Who wants to know my Mii Name so we can get to hunting!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-12-24 at 06:58 PM.

I don't have the Wii U version so I wouldn't be able to hunt with you anyway, also because I'm way too lazy and it's actually almost impossible for me to hook my Wii U into any sort of internet wire, even with the laptop trick sadly :x

10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to connect wirelessly

I mean for the 3DS version. If you're talking about that though too maybe they changed it, I dunno.

You'll never guess my network ID! (Hint: It's exactly the same as my screen name here.)

As for Joe, no, unfortunately the 3DS version can't go online on its own. :/ Either have to have the Wii U version or do all the hoop-jumping with the packet relay tool.

Still, MH4 will be soon and then it won't be an issue for you anymore! ...Hopefully sooner than later. I'm getting antsy waiting for a release date. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratholos is the most bugged monster ever...... I am currently watching him fly in a circle the size of a small hit box

zone 8 in the deserted island

Am I the only one who kinda misses MH being on Sony systems? Oh the nostalgia.

I'm just imaging what a modern MH game on say, the PS4 would be like.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post

Would love it on PC XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Why isn't this on PC?

- - - Updated - - -

Would probably be a serious contender for Witcher players who enjoy the hunting aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Why isn't this on PC?
    Because Capcom decided the only one on the PC would be for Asia only.

I'd rather the Vita honestly, it needs something, and MH on the go is always better in my opinion, better for playing with friends right next to each other too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since ratholos has been such a buggy piece of shit for me

I go out of my way to fuck them up, I dont even atttempt to kill them until their wings, face, and tail are fucked up!

- - - Updated - - -

I also now use them as a sword/sheild

I'm fine with it being on Nintendo systems, but I'm admittedly biased because I already have a 3DS and a whole library of games. <.< MH would be literally the only thing I'd want on the Vita as things stand now, and I haaaate buying a system for a single game (not that I haven't done it before).

PS4 would be neat, but given they opted not to bring 4 or 4G/U to consoles this time around I'm guessing we probably won't see many/most of them go that route in the future. It seems to do much better on handhelds in Japan, and that's where most of the market is. We're lucky to get whatever they're given there since it's so much less popular in the west, forget about extra console versions.

Again, always nice to be wrong about things like that though.