Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You guys do know that the entire mainset will change stats/bonus together with your spec right ?
    Meaning you only have to press your secondary spec button and voila full mainset of that gear.
    (wich equals 10250 free conquest points for any offspec you want)
    And then you whine that holinka replied what he did ?
    HELLO ?

IT HAS NEVER BEEN THIS EASY AND SMOOTH TO PLAY ALT SPECS

10+ Year Old Account
    that's pretty hilarious. so as WoW PvP becomes less and less popular, tack on another grind to make it more attractive? I think someone failed marketing class.

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    You guys do know that the entire mainset will change stats/bonus together with your spec right ?
    Meaning you only have to press your secondary spec button and voila full mainset of that gear.
    HELLO ?

Many slots don't do this automatic change.
    glad you know what you're talking about

Gearing is quite a bit easier than it ever was when i previously played. (All i skipped was Mists of the Weeaboo)

Can have an entire set of the entry level gear (by which i mean the 620/675, not the 600/660) in like two days. Can have an entire set of CQ gear, as a total dirty casual (thats me) in ~10 weeks, never raising your cap. If you raise your cap anywhere meaningful, buying a few off pieces... jeebus it's not that hard. So much faster than it has ever been.

I dont see the problem.

Deleted
    what are you guys crying about? just want to bank on your conquest points after you're geared and/or got 27000 points like in MoP?
    the 27k HP was never needed in the first place, plus most gear is same for your OS anyway. it's a good thing it's gone; best gear earned with rated pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tano View Post
    what are you guys crying about? just want to bank on your conquest points after you're geared and/or got 27000 points like in MoP?
    the 27k HP was never needed in the first place, plus most gear is same for your OS anyway. it's a good thing it's gone; best gear earned with rated pvp.
    Yea I bet you are a pure dps spec or play only one spec. Good for you
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    HELLO ?

Some pieces of gear, in necks, trinkets, rings, cloaks, and weapons I think, do not automatically change to the other spec. This is important regarding pieces with Spirit or Bonus Armor, as those stats serve almost no use for non-Healer/non-Tank specs respectively.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

HELLO ?

You have no idea what you are talking about. It is not 10250 FREE cp, because if I had 10250 free cp I would buy different pieces of gear because my other spec favors different stats.

It's pretty obvious this change is motivated by $$$. The more people have to wait for the weekly cap, the more time it's going to take, and the more subscription money Blizzard gets.

And no, sets changing mainstat doesn't change the fact you still need a bunch of offpieces pieces, not to mention the stats on pieces you get from coliseum/ashran/rbg aren't always optimal so you'll want to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    It's pretty obvious this change is motivated by $$$. The more people have to wait for the weekly cap, the more time it's going to take, and the more subscription money Blizzard gets.

And no, sets changing mainstat doesn't change the fact you still need a bunch of offpieces pieces, not to mention the stats on pieces you get from coliseum/ashran/rbg aren't always optimal so you'll want to replace them.
    Yes, this change is totally motivated by Blizzard's bottom line. That makes all the sense in the world. Blizzard is looking at all the people months out that will have to continue to play rated pvp for a few weeks in order to grind out optimal offset gear. What a genius plan. In fact, the guy that came up with this change probably got a few 'attaboys and a hefty raise.

Do you people read what you type sometimes?

IIRC, elite gear also costs CP, so if you're playing a class with multiple specs, you have to choose between cosmetic elite gear or offspec pieces.

IMHO, getting conquest gear for offspecs is harder in WoD than it was in MoP.
    Honor points are now pretty much useless once you have full 620.

One step forward.
    Two step backward.
    GJ Holinka

Seriously... easier than ever. Get over it. I mean, we could go back to pre-Mists, when you had to have literally a complete separate set for EVERY SPEC, for EVERY CLASS, not just off-pieces.

The Season is 26+ weeks long; youll have your full set of mainspec in what.. 8 weeks if you actually do competitive PvP and raise your CQ cap? Another.. 5 weeks to get all the offset pieces again? OH NOES, SKY IS FALLING.

I skipped Mists of Handoutland, i guess, when everyone became a baby. This is NOT a grind. TBC was a grind. Wrath was a grind. This is cake. And im saying this from the perspective of a filthy casual who has a family and a job and cant "grind".

I mean, its not like raiders get free offspec pieces either. If they want to get their offspec pieces.. they have to do the raid.. .again.. and hope they get the drops. So its no different here. If you want off spec pieces.. you do the content again - only at least you're *guaranteed* to get your gear.

Must be rough.

I'm sorry, but there is literally no reason to cry or complain about grinding honor points / gearing a second set.

I work rotating shift work (reverse southern swing), I have a family (wife & daughter), and a life. I had a full set of 620/626 pvp gear in 22 hours of /played at level 100. I had an ilvl of 605 leading yolo rbgs with no voice and I ended the week at 6-12 (not too bad for random autist yolo's).

I'm not sure how much easier you want Blizzard to make it for you. That's what I don't understand... There's too much content or it takes too long and you complain. Then there's too little content or it's too easy and you complain about being bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I skipped Mists of Handoutland
    This is, dear sir, where I stopped reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    This is, dear sir, where I stopped reading.
    Then shame on you. If you were allowed to buy current-tier CQ gear for Honor after earning a certain amount of CQ... that's a freaking handout. You have no idea how good you had it. It was NEVER that easy prior. Want a feral offset? GET AN ENTIRE SECOND SET OF GEAR. Want a Resto offset? GET AN ENTIRE SECOND SET OF GEAR.

Now you just have to get ~4-6 off-set pieces again?

You have no idea how absurdly easy that is. Its a 26 week season - what were going to do, get all your gear and stop doing Arenas for 20 weeks? If so.. why do you even care? 620/675 will do you JUST fine in Yolo BGs.

HELLO ?

You realize that different specs require different secondary stats to be the best they can be? I have to carry 3 full sets in my inventory on my druid because feral wants crit and multistrike, while resto druid is mastery and haste. Then I have a resto pve set, so really it hasn't changed a thing from mop of carrying an inventory full of gear. Also, trinkets, rings, neck, and weapons don't change stats.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    I seriously hate him, that's all I have to say, gearing for pvp is hell, you get minimal rewards from bgs, and ashran queues take forever.
    i fully geared my rogue in honor gear in less than a week of bgs, if you win you almost always get a piece...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most of the people saying it's okay perhaps aren't trying to be in best statted CONQUEST gear and push rating ASAP and possibly do it on other toons or other specs. For the people trying to be competitive, adding an additional grind to an e-sport that is becoming less and less popular does not seem like a very wise business move.

Holinka is really not the best at his job

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Many slots don't do this automatic change.
    glad you know what you're talking about

Glad to know that you fail to read 'mainset', I never said all pieces changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    You realize that different specs require different secondary stats to be the best they can be? I have to carry 3 full sets in my inventory on my druid because feral wants crit and multistrike, while resto druid is mastery and haste. Then I have a resto pve set, so really it hasn't changed a thing from mop of carrying an inventory full of gear. Also, trinkets, rings, neck, and weapons don't change stats.
    M A I N S E T N O T E V E R Y T H I N G