Page 1 of 2
LastLast

25 runs, no item.

Hi all, I've been running HC UBRS since I got level 100 on my warrior in order to get the 1h sword (Tharbek's Brutal Processor).

Most of the time I'm running the dungeon as a tank with fury loot spec selected, but sometimes I switch it to prot loot spec (both have the sword drop). I've so far completed 25 runs with no 2h (first boss) or 1h dropping from the 3rd.

Ultimately I'm just interested to hear if anyone else has had terrible luck with this particular drop and which loot spec it is best to select in order to obtain it, thanks.

RNG is RNG. I remember I ran Heroic Mechanar on my Prot Warrior back in TBC something like 85 times before I got the epic sword off the last boss. And this was a time when you could only run a specific Heroic once a day (pre-LFD), so it exceptionally sucked.

Thats just unlucky. Weapons and trinkets do seem harder to come by, but the AH has helped fill loot shaped holes. Keep at it, you will get it eventually

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    RNG is RNG. I remember I ran Heroic Mechanar on my Prot Warrior back in TBC something like 85 times before I got the epic sword off the last boss. And this was a time when you could only run a specific Heroic once a day (pre-LFD), so it exceptionally sucked.
    How about getting the caster trinket on heroic Alcataz.

Granted, doing dungeons was twice if not 5 times more fun then it is now...

RNG. I never saw the belt from SoO from Dark shaman in over 40 kills, along with bonus rolls every time.

The loot tables are too big on the 5 man bosses imo. I still haven't seen a Heroic Chest off any boss in any Heroic.

Same for me with the agi/crit trinket off Azzakel or w/e his name is in Auchindoun. Ran every day since 610 ilvl and never dropped, got a 645 from a follower mission instead though. Your best bet is probably a follower mission if you're really unlucky with a certain slot, I see a lot of 630 weapon rewards and a couple 645s as well. So get those followers 615+ if you don't have em already.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sword took me a while - I think it was my 9th run that it finally dropped? But yeah, RNG is RNG.
    If it helps I was running prot loot spec at the time.
    As others have said, there are alternatives to HC RNG though - the follower missions can reward a 630/645 weapon (100% 1H for prot loot spec, make sure to double check!), the butcher drops a 1 hander on all difficulties and there's a rare in Shatt harbor that has a decent chance at dropping a 620 1H.

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I need it anymore or run it anymore but I haven't seen it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    How about getting the caster trinket on heroic Alcataz.

Granted, doing dungeons was twice if not 5 times more fun then it is now...
    Think I got that sword from mechanar at about 25 runs, it was so worth tho.. and yeah, bc heroics were so much more fun they cant even compare.. speaking of shit loot in bc though

our shield drops in bc were so bad that I tanked brutallus with an illidari runeshield. Thats a caster shield that drops off bt trash... I was main tank with like 99.6% attendance from kara to sunwell, shields just would not drop >.> was also wearing a ZA helmet lol and we got server first on him xD

We were also like one week behind illidan server first, and cleared bt every week until we stopped raiding like a month before wotlk.. only ever got one warglaive, guilds behind us had 4.. we never saw a single illidan faceplate, tsunami talisman from ssc and a number of other drops

raided 10 mans in MoP with a dps DK and 2 fury warrs.. didnt see a single 1 or 2 handed weapon for more than an entire tier..

I understand the place RNG has earned itself in MMO loot, but its a system Ill never respect ><
    Last edited by Daita Tetsu; 2014-12-22 at 01:22 AM.

It took me many runs to get that sword (still using it). I've never seen the 2h hammer drop from there though.

They honestly need to add more of a safety net for drop rng. Like after X amount of weeks you can buy a piece of similar loot from a raid vendor at the cost of a seal and some gold.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    They honestly need to add more of a safety net for drop rng. Like after X amount of weeks you can buy a piece of similar loot from a raid vendor at the cost of a seal and some gold.
    Not a bad idea really.... if you roll and would have gotten gold, you get a token instead. X number of tokens buys a single item from that particular difficulty and tier.

Deleted
    I remember back in BC, I was exalted with lower city before the pattern for the cloth pants that were better than t4 dropped for my mage. 25 runs is nothing.

I still have nightmares of running shadow labs...

I still haven't seen a Heroic Chest off any boss in any Heroic.
    Last edited by sinednarow; 2014-12-22 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Not a bad idea really.... if you roll and would have gotten gold, you get a token instead. X number of tokens buys a single item from that particular difficulty and tier.
    Fuck, I'd spend all of my weekly tokens to get a real trinket.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    I remember back in BC, I was exalted with lower city before the pattern for the cloth pants that were better than t4 dropped for my mage. 25 runs is nothing.

I still have nightmares of running shadow labs...
    Shadow Labs was fun. I miss people reminding me that there is no "s" in Labyrinth too. Getting the spelldmg one-hander ninjaed by hunters, rogues and warriors was so frustrating though.

Also: I'll finish my Frozen Shadoweave first then I'll get to make the Spellstrike times. So nostalgic.
    Last edited by Ellerain; 2014-12-22 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend looking into multiple avenues for gearing, not just Heroics. If you rely purely on RNG drop luck you will be frustrated sooner or later.
    Follower Missions are a very easy and efficient way of getting upgrades, you WILL get item rewards for almost all slots in time.
    Crafting is severely underrated this expansion - while you can only equip 3 slots, you can reroll to your perfect secondaries. This is worth a LOT in times of crappy secondaries in Highmaul gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Yeah, that's a smart idea. Let's do that so people can get geared up even faster because hey, it's not like you can only do a specific heroic once per day, and get bored and whine on MMO-Champion how there's nothing to do
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you running all the other dungeons which drops 1h weapons? I wouldn't worry too much about stats on a 630 weapon.