Thread: Upgrading my PC

Upgrading my PC

As i got my self to some money, i am thinking off buying a few things for my pc ..upgardes, acessories, lights etc...

I'll post my rig config now and will ask everything down below after. Allright let's begin :

MBO : Asus h77m LGA 1150
    CPU : intel i5 3470 3.2 Ghz
    RAM : 2x 4Gb of corsair vengeance blue at 1600Mhz
    GPU : Msi r9 270x gaming 2 Gb
    PSU : couger power bronze 80+ 400w
    CASE : Corsair Air 240

I have the feeling i mised something...

anyways.. the first i am think now and a lot of days before is a new gpu. I set my eyes on an EVGA GTx 970 Sc edition. And would be cool if some one has any eperience with that particular card ? if so tell me everything or should i wait for the 960 series ?

next on the list is the cpu. For todays games and near future games, do i need to bother with changing the old lGa 1150 socket with a new one .. ? or should i stick with it and change just my current CPU ? if so what do you suggest ? for the purpose of gaming and music editing .

and last the PSU. i f a get a new GPU and or Cpu or what soever i am planing on getting a PSU as well, thats aout of the question... and yet again.. what do you people suggest ? you'r experiences will come in handy.

If i missed something YELL and i will edit it

p.s. gief me good web site for Led lights for pc's

Deleted
    Maybe some more airflow?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhell View Post
    I have the feeling i mised something...

anyways.. the first i am think now and a lot of days before is a new gpu. I set my eyes on an EVGA GTx 970 Sc edition. And would be cool if some one has any eperience with that particular card ? if so tell me everything or should i wait for the 960 series ?

next on the list is the cpu. For todays games and near future games, do i need to bother with changing the old lGa 1150 socket with a new one .. ? or should i stick with it and change just my current CPU ? if so what do you suggest ? for the purpose of gaming and music editing .

and last the PSU. i f a get a new GPU and or Cpu or what soever i am planing on getting a PSU as well, thats aout of the question... and yet again.. what do you people suggest ? you'r experiences will come in handy.

If i missed something YELL and i will edit it

p.s. gief me good web site for Led lights for pc's
    I always advocate to get a nice PSU, depends on your budget. You would probably need a bigger PSU with the 970.

I have the EVGA ACX 2.0 SC GTX 970. Nice GPU, pushes WoW @ 4k on Ultra and averages around 70FPS (your mileage may vary, not sure how much my CPU is contributing here).

With the rights fans the air 240 has more than enough

- - - Updated - - -

I'm put my eyes on does be quite ! series of PSU-s, any thoughts ? forums tell a lot of good thinks for the moment, and what cpu you running at ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly your setup is pretty nice as is. Your GPU is fine but your CPU is a bit out of bit, but only a bit. Upgrading that would require a new board and CPU. I say keep what you have and wait to see what new products are out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Honestly your setup is pretty nice as is. Your GPU is fine but your CPU is a bit out of bit, but only a bit. Upgrading that would require a new board and CPU. I say keep what you have and wait to see what new products are out next year.
    So you suggest, when the time comes to upgrade the cpu, then change the whole socket rather then a beter cpu at the socket 1150 which is now. its satisfying to know that the current build aint that bad, cheers !

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a SSD? You didn't mention storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhell View Post
    So you suggest, when the time comes to upgrade the cpu, then change the whole socket rather then a beter cpu at the socket 1150 which is now. its satisfying to know that the current build aint that bad, cheers !
    I expect both AMD and Intel to get very competitive next year with new products. As amazing as Haswell is, it's nearly 2 years old now. AMD is going on with 3 year old hardware. Haswell over Ivy Bridge isn't that big of an upgrade either.

It's likely that X99 platforms from Intel are the new norm and AMD has been working on something that doesn't suck. All next year.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Maybe a SSD? You didn't mention storage.
    That was what i forgot.... kingston v300 128gb is the one,not the best but its more than enough for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I expect both AMD and Intel to get very competitive next year with new products. As amazing as Haswell is, it's nearly 2 years old now. AMD is going on with 3 year old hardware. Haswell over Ivy Bridge isn't that big of an upgrade either.

It's likely that X99 platforms from Intel are the new norm and AMD has been working on something that doesn't suck. All next year.
    Next year could bring some suprises then. And if you think that haswell over ivy isnt that much of a difference, changing sockets for the moment isnt really worth it than. But, considering the upcoming year the prices for the"older" techs shold drop down...qt least i hope so, as they are far from nit usable and the x99 is overkill for gaming at 1080p for pat least quite some time.

Off topic : whats the minimum posts numbe i need to pass to be able to post links and pictures ?
    Last edited by Thunderhell; 2014-12-25 at 01:56 AM.