Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hellfire Citadel

Will we be seeing this in WOD? Or is it not built until later? Could we end up doing the final raid in whatever Hellfire Citadel is in WOD?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is called the Iron Citadel and it is the final raid of WoD, with Grom Hellscream as the last boss. According to Tom Chilton, it has a heavy Burning Legion influence,

7+ Year Old Account
    In this timeline, both due to native differences (Rulkan being alive, etc), and Garrosh's intervention, this place is VERY different than it was in our timeline, and probably won't be called Hellfire Citadel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    In this timeline, both due to native differences (Rulkan being alive, etc), and Garrosh's intervention, this place is VERY different than it was in our timeline, and probably won't be called Hellfire Citadel.
    Yea, it was originally just called "the Citadel". Only after all the fel magic turned Tanaan into a desolate wasteland did it start being called Hellfire Citadel.

would love to see cameos to magtheradon jail in the basement

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yes, it will be raid with 3 instances introduced in 6.2. The instances will be: Hellflame defense positions, bloodier oven, and broken rooms. It will have so heavy legion influence that orcs will skip the green phase directly to red one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    would love to see cameos to magtheradon jail in the basement
    Magtheridon never came to draenor till AFTER it exploded, so most likely he isnt here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yes, it will be raid with 3 instances introduced in 6.2. The instances will be: Hellflame defense positions, bloodier oven, and broken rooms. It will have so heavy legion influence that orcs will skip the green phase directly to red one.
    Give blizz some credit. Whatever WOD's flaws. Recycling bc dungeons and raids isn't one of them. Sure we have auchindoun but it being intact makes it very different experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Give blizz some credit. Whatever WOD's flaws. Recycling bc dungeons and raids isn't one of them. Sure we have auchindoun but it being intact makes it very different experience.
    I dunno, they reharshed SM and scholo even if they didn't tied to MoP at all. And those 3 are already here, they can just say that since both are orc made so they look identical. And hey, they can call BF a "Sanguinal microweave" and give orcs slight purple tint.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Yeah agreed. Didn't feel like Outland at all, but it still had some cool throwbacks to it.

The Hellfire Citadel could potentially be very different in this reality. In our reality Blackhand built the citadel sometime after the Orcs abandoned the elements.

Things are playing out differently, if the Citadel does exist in this reality, it would probably contain the final boss raid, as it's purpose was "staging ground of the military forces of the Horde" in our reality and that particular area offers a strategic advantage, according to the wowwiki page on the Hellfire Citadel.

I don't even think Hellfire Citadel existed in this point.

Wasn't it built shortly after the First War started? Someone confirm this for me.

Deleted
    I used free far sight to go to Tanaan Jungle and there you can see the unfinished Hellfire Ramparts or more like the copy paste version from Hellfire Peninsula

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    I don't even think Hellfire Citadel existed in this point.

Wasn't it built shortly after the First War started? Someone confirm this for me.
    No, it was built prior to the orcs even drinking the blood of Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Disreali View Post
    No, it was built prior to the orcs even drinking the blood of Mannoroth.
    That's not true. It was built after they drank the blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochappy View Post
    That's not true. It was built after they drank the blood.
    Nope. It was built right around when they attacked Telmor (first city attacked). Tanaan hadn't even turned into a desolate wasteland from the warlock magic yet. The blood drinking didn't happen until just before the very last battle of the war (Shattrath).

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yea, it was originally just called "the Citadel". Only after all the fel magic turned Tanaan into a desolate wasteland did it start being called Hellfire Citadel.
    Despite it being called Hellfire Citadel in BTDP.

Guess that's retconned.

*EDIT*

Oh, you mean after drinking the blood but before Outland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Despite it being called Hellfire Citadel in BTDP.

Guess that's retconned.

*EDIT*

Oh, you mean after drinking the blood but before Outland.
    Yea, it happened after the drinking of the blood and before they finished the DP.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-12-26 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno, they reharshed SM and scholo even if they didn't tied to MoP at all. And those 3 are already here, they can just say that since both are orc made so they look identical. And hey, they can call BF a "Sanguinal microweave" and give orcs slight purple tint.
    They didn't rehash them at all, they updated and redesigned (key word, rehash means to reuse without significant change or improvement - I checked) them to fit into the modern story (of their respective zones, not expansions) - they are nothing like their predecessors, just a breath of fresh air for the levelling experience and a little bit of story for us nerds. Sometimes when I read your posts I think you enjoy bashing Blizzard's devs so much you pretty much believe everything you say even when it's factually, and grammatically, wrong.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warregory View Post
    It is called the Iron Citadel and it is the final raid of WoD, with Grom Hellscream as the last boss. According to Tom Chilton, it has a heavy Burning Legion influence,
    Which is kind of weird, cus grom didn't drink the demon blood etc.. why or how would the legion still be such great pressence.. lorewise.