Poll: During what time was the hunter in it's best state?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question During what time was the hunter in it's best state?

Hi guys,

I want to know during what time of this, now 10 year old, game did you enjoy playing your hunter the most? When, in your opinion, was the hunter in it's best state from a balance, rotation, number of abilities and overall gameplay point of view?

For me personally, that was during Cataclysm. I mainly played Survival back then and I loved the rotation and feel of that spec. Focus had just been introduced and the amount of abilities and cooldowns we used made it easy to learn and hard to master. Only being able to cast Cobra/Steady Shot while running with Aspect of the Fox active was a great mechanic in my eyes and made you pay more attention to your movement and positioning. This is mainly from a PvE point of view but would also like to read your thoughts on PvP.

Let me know what you guys think!

Deleted
    Played hunter since late BC, keeps getting better every expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that in transition from vanilla to BC and BC, when all these BM hunter crazy happened (not really its best state, but it's most OPed state). Then this shit was nerfed and hunters get better and better with each expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played a hunter in raiding since ICC, I would have to say MoP. The entire xpac was BM paradise (even though BM is my least favorite spec) and was super OP during the early stages of the xpac. It's the first xpac where 1 spec has dominated everything for hunters afaik.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

10+ Year Old Account
    I love BM, so MoP.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Definitely mists but only after they hot fixed our damage.

definitely wod
    lonewolf = best

Wrath or WoD.

Ive mained hunter since TBC.

Ive always love hunters in PvE, but I found PvP more fun there.

WotLK. Focus is just meh to me. Also I hate BM.

Armor pen+MM+volley=fun

So wotlk.

oh god tbc..

I could put my entire rotation into one macro and use an autoclicker to go to the bathroom during a boss. Those were good days.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, as a BM hunter it was the first part of Wrath before they destroyed the pets. If you had the right cat (King Bangalash, Humar The Pridelord) and you raised them with the right talents, they were nearly unkillable and still did 40-60% of your DPS. I made a Gladiator Warlock from BC quit the game because she couldn't kill my pet 1v1. Got a 72 hour ban for "using game exploits" in Naxxramas 10 man because I had my cat tank the back two bosses on the four horsemen 10 man. Seems they didn't like the idea of hunter tanking. Who knew? It was shortly after that (3.1 I think) that they revamped the pets and nerf'd their talents and tanking abilities as well as homogenizing them all to do the same dps regardless of what they were. So for me, that was the best time as a hunter. The amount of lulz I had in those few months have created stories for my old friends to share even to this day.

As far as best overall raid state, I think Hunter near the end of Cata and MOP were pretty solid overall. A little weak compared to some, but they had a lot of tools and could do just about everything your raid-leader needed so you always had a spot.

I liked it best during 5.2 because I felt that was when playing a Hunter felt the most "complicated" I guess. It was interesting having a ~15 second opener of constantly using cooldowns and double Stampede. RIP Readiness.

Deleted
    I agree with the OP completely - CAtaclysm Survival spec was awesome. BM was ok too. And yeah, I *loved* the aspect dancing and the "easy to learn, hard to master" dimension of the hunter back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM (Armor Penetration) spec in ICC was my favorite time for Hunters! A close second was SV in Dragon Soul.

I can't speak for before MoP, there for I didn't vote. However, I feel that hunter as a class is very good now in Draenor, since it's a ranged class that can do literally everything on the move, while other ranged can't. That puts them in a very good spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo its the BC Hunter, BM especially. I miss those days with 18 seconds of cc immunity *cry*

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP's BM spec was just about perfect IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

WOD....after some extremely nice (and needed) QOL changes and re-workings, hunter is in a very nice place now.

I will admit that I miss the smash-mouth-front-loaded damage of WOTLK MM spec, but that was way more trouble than it was worth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aimed Shot in Vanilla.