Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Actually, the "shining beacon of morality" motif didn't become a staple of Draenei culture until after they were driven off their home planet and hunted into near-extinction over countless eons.
    My point is, is that a great deal of Draenei then and now, have turned to the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    My point is, is that a great deal of Draenei then and now, have turned to the Burning Legion.
    Which doesn't really help the case for playable Draenei Warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei who turn to Burning Legion are no longer Draenei, they become corrupted, they pretty much turn into Eredar . they might also turn into Broken if exposed to fel magic within fel orcs. I think Draenei are more vulnerable when they're exposed to demonic/fel corruption compared to other races?

maybe that's why they can't become Warlocks ? a Draenei practicing demonic magic turns into Eredar as result of exposure?
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2014-12-25 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Look, I'm not a mind reader, I have no idea what's going on inside your head. If you want to tell me something you actually have to write it out in words that I can read, not just dropping vague lines about nothing.
    He is saying that the same reason we have Human, Gnome, Dwarf, and Worgen warlocks is the same reason to have Draenei warlocks. A warlock is a warlock. If them "turning evil" were an issue, we would not allow warlocks in the Alliance. Your logic is crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Humans, as opposed to Draenei, do not have the whole "shining beacon of morality" theme revolving around them.
    Yet they can be a Shadow Priest and use the darkness to empower them. Not Fel energy... but not exactly bible school energy either

Draenei who turn to Burning Legion are no longer Draenei, they become corrupted, they pretty much turn into Eredar . they might also turn into Broken if exposed to fel magic within fel orcs. I think Draenei are more vulnerable when they're exposed to demonic/fel corruption compared to other races?

maybe that's why they can't become Warlocks ? a Draenei practicing demonic magic turns into Eredar as result of exposure?
    I am aware of that, but Draenei are not more susceptible to fel magic (at least nothing in lore would support that). Fel magic just happens to be inherently corrupting and the only reason warlocks like myself exist is because we've resisted the temptation of giving ourselves over to it fully. If it says anything, it is that the Draenei are a weak-willed race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of that, but Draenei are not more susceptible to fel magic (at least nothing in lore would support that). Fel magic just happens to be inherently corrupting and the only reason warlocks like myself exist is because we've resisted the temptation of giving ourselves over to it fully. If it says anything, it is that the Draenei are a weak-willed race.
    Draenei are Eredar, and so are the Man'ari. This means genetically, there is nothing stopping them from being a warlock except choice.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    according to you human culture revolves around worshiping the light, and humans have Warlocks. Same line of logic works with draenei warlocks.
    Except humans are not all under one cause as the Draenei are, humans haven't fled from world to world and seen countless others be destroyed by fel magic The most long lived races in the game, Night elves and Draenei have both seen the legion and both races cant be warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of that, but Draenei are not more susceptible to fel magic (at least nothing in lore would support that). Fel magic just happens to be inherently corrupting...
    that's why I said I "think" they might some kind of weakness. and I didn't say they have a weakness of will, the broken lost their connection to the light when they became corrupted, it didn't have anything to do with their will, many of them were Paladins. such as Nobundo, who used to be a Vindicator before he became corrupted and turned into a Broken.

the only reason warlocks like myself exist is because we've resisted the temptation of giving ourselves over to it fully. If it says anything, it is that the Draenei are a weak-willed race.
    Dunno about that, I played them mainly because of the Sucubi butt-slaps:P...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    Yet they can be a Shadow Priest and use the darkness to empower them. Not Fel energy... but not exactly bible school energy either
    shadow magic is a different school of magic altogether, I was talking about fel/demonic magic. there are necromancers/shadow priest Draenei in Auchidoun. but I think lore-wise the playable Draenei cannot be shadow priests because they were all loyal followers of Velen, who lead the most loyal of his followers into Exodar and then brought them into Azeroth.

the Draenei in Auchidoun are from a different sect of the Draenei society. if you've been that loyal to Velen to follow him through thick and thin through all these years (centuries even because it is said that some of the Draenei still remember their homeland Argus, that means they have long lives) then you're very less likely to abandon your cause and practice something you've been running away from since forever.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2014-12-25 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Except humans are not all under one cause as the Draenei are, humans haven't fled from world to world and seen countless others be destroyed by fel magic The most long lived races in the game, Night elves and Draenei have both seen the legion and both races cant be warlocks.
    But that just isn't true. The cult of the dark strand employs Night Elf Warlocks.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Worgen Paladin = instant race change

Deleted
    Gnome Hunter - does not really require an explanation.
    Human Shaman - ththeir roots are the same as dwarfs + a shaman from exodar has been nagging about humans refusing to listen, but that they would be capable.
    panda deathknight - the panda monk trainer on the exodar crash / starting area suggest there were more wandering monks, they could have fallen prey to the lichking.
    Undead paladin - the undead paladin questgiver would be an opening in the lore.
    Tauren rogue - Grimtotem clan has rogues.
    Worgen paladin - in a attempt to tackle their new existence as worgen some could have turned to the church of the light.
    Blood elf druids - quite a few ingame references as to high elf druids / druidism under the (former) high elf rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    But that just isn't true. The cult of the dark strand employs Night Elf Warlocks.
    Which is a sect of the shadow council and is evil. Not really a argument for warlocks for nightelves.

that's why I said I "think" they might some kind of weakness. and I didn't say they have a weakness of will, the broken lost their connection to the light when they became corrupted, it didn't have anything to do with their will, many of them were Paladins. such as Nobundo, who used to be a Vindicator before he became corrupted and turned into a Broken.

Dunno about that, I played them mainly because of the Sucubi butt-slaps:P...
    I never said you said they did. I am saying that what that means, if anything, is that they are a weak-willed race to have so many of their kind be corrupted by the Burning Legion. Some play for that reason, a large amount played because of the Mists of Pandaria changes/buffs, and less than a handful play because of reasons that are not as shallow (myself included).

10+ Year Old Account
    if you've been that loyal to Velen to follow him through thick and thin through all these years (centuries even because it is said that some of the Draenei still remember their homeland Argus, that means they have long lives) then you're very less likely to abandon your cause and practice something you've been running away from since forever.
    Which is why Draenei warlocks make no sense. However, a red skin tone, and the word Man'ari (for lore purposes), and we have "draenei" warlocks.

Which is why Draenei warlocks make no sense. However, a red skin tone, and the word Man'ari (for lore purposes), and we have "draenei" warlocks.
    They would not be draenei, they would not bring warlocks to draenei and they would not be alliance or horde
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    I never said you said they did. I am saying that what that means, if anything, is that they are a weak-willed race to have so many of their kind be corrupted by the Burning Legion. Some play for that reason, a large amount played because of the Mists of Pandaria changes/buffs, and less than a handful play because of reasons that are not as shallow (myself included).
    ah ok gotcha...

...but you gotta admit you like the butt-slapping...not even a lil bit? no? cmon... I know that underneath that gloomy serious warlock act there's a naughty side that secretly cackles everytime the succubi is summoned...

ah ok gotcha...

...but you gotta admit you like the butt-slapping...not even a lil bit? no? cmon...
    I never get to use my Succubus... I don't remember what it sounds like.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde would more likely take the Man'ari then the Draenei would

Deleted
    Worgen Shaman and I'm happy

10+ Year Old Account
    I am no fan of Bloodelves, but how did they get screwed out of being able to be Druids again?

Oh and Gnome Druid for the WIN YALL, because LOL