Thread: Garrison 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really don't understand how people are having a problem doing garrisons on alts. I have 5 level 3 garrisons and a few level 1-2's. It literally takes me no time to log them on and set up a full set of missions. If you have level 3 buildings and you max out work orders you only have to replenish those every couple of days. And with one of the garrison addons (I forget the name) you click 1 button to clear out all finished missions and takes a minute to set up the next batch. Set up 6-10 hour missions and then log on once a day, clear finished missions and start a new set of 6-10 hour ones. Every couple of days spend the extra few minutes filling up work orders.

Unless ore and/or herbs are selling really well on your server (which I doubt) then don't bother with the mine or garden. It's pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I really don't understand how people are having a problem doing garrisons on alts. I have 5 level 3 garrisons and a few level 1-2's. It literally takes me no time to log them on and set up a full set of missions. If you have level 3 buildings and you max out work orders you only have to replenish those every couple of days. And with one of the garrison addons (I forget the name) you click 1 button to clear out all finished missions and takes a minute to set up the next batch. Set up 6-10 hour missions and then log on once a day, clear finished missions and start a new set of 6-10 hour ones. Every couple of days spend the extra few minutes filling up work orders.

Unless ore and/or herbs are selling really well on your server (which I doubt) then don't bother with the mine or garden. It's pointless.
    It's not that it's a "problem", more like I think it would be more fun to consolidate a lot of activities, such as making the garrison in general larger and maybe increasing the size of say, the mine or the herb garden as well - but make them only usable once per account per day.

Harvesting ores and herbs was pretty mandatory on all alts if you wanted to provide for your raiding main, I spent a fair few weeks stocking enchants, flasks, potions, feasts. Now, not so much - but still, I think an opportunity was missed to make alts feel more connected to your main in a meta way.

I imagine it would feel more immersive as well - building one base instead of having to press the "reset" button on the entire story on each alt.

Ah and Marema - to spend the extra few minutes fillin up work orders, you first need to spend quite a bit more minutes harvesting the mats for those work orders

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post

The time to manage them is much less of a problem than the cost to build them. At level 100 with one level 3 garrison, I have significantly less gold than I had at the start of the expansion. And that garrison still has several tier 1 or 2 buildings, so by the time it gets finished I will have even less. I would be broke if I did it on another character.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I would really like to see guild garrisons where every player has their own personalized section within it. How would this work? Well, instead of a base up on a hill, we could have a base on the shore. Make it considerably bigger, and each player gets their own garrison boat that they customize and control completely.

It'd just be neat to have something for guilds to work on together.
    seems like a pretty good idea, my only question is witch there be a boat for each player or would there be like 5 boats but you can go on any 1 and its phased to you in the main guild garrison ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The time to manage them is much less of a problem than the cost to build them. At level 100 with one level 3 garrison, I have significantly less gold than I had at the start of the expansion. And that garrison still has several tier 1 or 2 buildings, so by the time it gets finished I will have even less. I would be broke if I did it on another character.
    You're doing something wrong then, because without selling anything on the AH and simply leveling my alts normally I always had enough gold to go to level 3 and place at least 2-3 level 3 buildings. Gold was never an issue, I only had to invest to actually upgrade EVERYTHING (as in, make more gold than I received simply through leveling).

After all that, you make money hand-over-fist simply spamming treasure missions on multiple alts - it really ramps up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrison 2.0

1) Make it nearly as big as Ashran, or at least big enough to construct EVERY building.
    2) Make it possible to construct EVERY building.
    3) Get ability to somehow recruit followers that weren't selected during certain quests (the other two draenei from that one quest in SMV).
    4) Now you have an awesome super-fortress ready to down the Iron Horde/Shadow Council/Burning Legion.

agree, make it 1 account wide garrison

Make all your chars available as followers when doing the account wide garrison so you can send them on missions (of the profession they have for example)

Garrison is made a gold sink in it's current state but i'm sure they can make something up so it costs just as much gold as it does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    agree, make it 1 account wide garrison

Make all your chars available as followers when doing the account wide garrison so you can send them on missions (of the profession they have for example)

Garrison is made a gold sink in it's current state but i'm sure they can make something up so it costs just as much gold as it does now.
    Garrison is a cash cow, not a gold sink. You just need to use it correctly.

Love the idea of making alts followers for missions btw.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Garrison is a cash cow, not a gold sink. You just need to use it correctly.

Love the idea of making alts followers for missions btw.
    ^^ yes...All chars as followers on account wide garrison should be the way it is.

on a side note...go for architect title and tell me again garrison is not a gold sink

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ yes...All chars as followers on account wide garrison should be the way it is.

on a side note...go for architect title and tell me again garrison is not a gold sink
    Already got it, was the only time I had to invest.
    I had the 15k extra I spent back the next day from selling Salvage Crate random drops and gold mission rewards.

I made 1.8 million gold with my 5 garrisons. It's the opposite of a gold sink.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-12-27 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    I made 1.8 million gold with my 5 garrisons. It's the opposite of a gold sink.
    No you didn't, you made 1.8 million with your professions.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2014-12-27 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    No you didn't you made 1.8 million with your professions.
    Salvage yard epics/savage bloods from the barn/enchanting mats from work orders/bop mats from work orders/mats from the trading post/disenchantable gear,resources and gold from missions.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-12-27 at 08:40 PM.

Salvage yard epics/savage bloods from the barn/enchanting mats from work orders/bop mats from work orders/mats from the trading post/disenchantable gear/ressources/gold from missions.
    Still, 5 garrisons with overly hardcore system gaming, you are an outlier at best.

Still, 5 garrisons with overly hardcore system gaming,
    What exactly are you trying to say?

What exactly are you trying to say?
    You are gaming the system ... I thought I was pretty clear.

You are gaming the system ... I thought I was pretty clear.
    Lawyered,,,,,, \o/

Anyway, I have 5 alts with lvl 3 garrisons and lvl 3 buildings, and 4 more with basic garrisons. It feels like a chore to collect everything in every garrison - yeah, you're not forced to, but it's there. And it just feels redundant, I feel it would be more fun to have a larger, shared garrison.
    I have a setup similar to this as well. The only thing that annoys me garrison-wise is collecting ore/herbs on each toon. But the most annoying thing in the world is having mats spread across 11 toons and needing to transfer them to one for crafting. WTB bonus account-wide storage. D:

Garrison is made a gold sink in it's current state
    Initially yes, but over time you can make the gold back + some.