Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why the increase in friend requests?

Of late, I've been noticing an increase in numbers of friend requests. This usually happens after I've thoroughly defeated them.

I've always declined them, because I've heard horror stories of people reporting on other players, just because they're douches. Hence, I decided not to accept any friend requests, no matter the reason.

But what I've been noticing is how often it's been happening. It used to happen, maybe once a week? Now It's happening more often- about 2 or 3 times a day.

I'm wondering why the increase? What drives people to spam people with friend requests? It just baffles me, so maybe the MMO champions has some insights?

Probably because they're either sore losers or maybe they just want to let you know that it was a good game?(doesn't happen as much). I think I've only had 2 people send me requests over 9 months.

There's alot more RNG in GvG which might cause people to get more frustrated? I haven't really seen too much of an increase, I'm not too bothered when I get a friend invite either. Sometimes I'll accept it and troll them if they rage, or on the off chance of them not being a sore loser, tell them it was a fun game.

Most of the time it's people just looking to rage, but sometimes people have legitimate questions about the deck or want to practice (happens to me a lot more at the higher ranks)

I've not noticed any increased in friend requests.

Deleted
    one thing i miss with hearthstone.. it's insanely hard to socialize and say ey chap that was a mighty fine game, lets do another

without having to send a friend request and hope to god they don't think you're some weird kid, a rager or a bot

Deleted
    Were you playing zoo, hunter or priest?

If the answer is yes to any of the above, I can understand why.

I noticed i most get friend requests when I play my druid mill deck. But i've gotten them while playing other classes as well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i had one once, a player that friend request me and then proceed to insult me. It made me smile, he said i was lucky and all, but i did notice quite a few missplay and very risky play that didn't pay off.

i guess people have hard time to admit their own mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i had one once, a player that friend request me and then proceed to insult me. It made me smile, he said i was lucky and all, but i did notice quite a few missplay and very risky play that didn't pay off.

i guess people have hard time to admit their own mistake.
    Even better when you didn't draw any of your key cards in that match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Even better when you didn't draw any of your key cards in that match.
    I got some friend requests when I played three or four golden legendaries on curve every turn from 5 to 7/8 or 6 to 8/9 Mana. It is the usual "FUCK PAY2WIN LAMER" stuff or insults why I am not in the legend ranks and annoying the beginners with my golden cards (as if golden cards would be "better" or what).

Few are just curious about my plays or why I had a certain card in my deck.
    But after all 8 out of 10 just want to vent and tell me about my mother having sexual affairs with gentlemen of color from the African country.

I've noticed this trend a lot in arena mode as of late. My experience so far has been 100% negative with people just looking to rage and no matter what deck is being played as long as they lose they call "you are just just stupid X class doing stupid X thing" and I tend to just laugh and ask if they are mad. Sometimes it's good for a laugh but other times it makes me wonder what kind of scum go through the trouble of friending you just to rage about a game filled with rng. Sad part is, most of the time they lose to stupid plays they make.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP, do you BM? Do you spam emotes? Are you doing anything aside from just winning that would piss people off? If so, that's probably why.

If not, then it's probably just a bunch of whiners.

15+ Year Old Account
    Harr, I just had a great one. Midgame shaman up against control Warrior, was a looooooooong game of trades as his Brawls ended up being on the bottom and I was wary of committing to the board as he hadn't played them. I countered most of his threats with Crackle/Hex/ES/Fire Ele and Flamtetongue trades and naturally he was taking care of anything left on my side. Had a hairy moment when I was super low (esp after Alex) but crawled back with Junkbots. He decked out which sealed my win, as I'd baited his Brawls and weapon swings with carefully moderated minion drops and still had Neptulon sitting right at the bottom of my deck.

It was a long back-and-forth game and I thought it was really tight, one of the more intense I've played. I get a request after he concedes and think "yeah he's gonna be one of those 'gg man let's play again' types".

Heh. Nope.

The rage flies fast and it flies thick, everything from "luck more with taunt totem scrub" (I chained a couple in a row when I had the other three on the board?) and "you only won with that topdeck Hex on Rag" (Drew two Hexes on my mulligan and the second one was a single dead card in my hand for about 4 turns).

He then proceeds to rant about how my deck is "trash, worthless" and how I'm a no-lifer.

The only thing to do in this situation is troll right the fuck back at him and enrage him further. He got so mad. It was the best Christmas ever.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Best is to let the requests sit there for a week or longer then accept. If they have no clue who you are they most likely forgot that they wanted to rage on you. Then troll the shit out of them for bein a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It was a long back-and-forth game and I thought it was really tight, one of the more intense I've played. I get a request after he concedes and think "yeah he's gonna be one of those 'gg man let's play again' types".
    Do you really believe that "NICE" people play Blizzard's games ?

All they want is to stomp newbs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Do you really believe that "NICE" people play Blizzard's games ?

All they want is to stomp newbs.
    Yep, because my friends list has about 6 x more randoms than IRL mates, from people who have done exactly this
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I never accept friends requests, unless I know them or asked them first

I just dont understand the reason people will want to rage on someone, especially if they lost. If someone beat me, and even if it happens consecutively (which is does at times) I will never throw my frustrating at them, they beat me fair game, no matter what type of deck they used, they beat me fair. That's the name of the game. why should I be angry at them, if anything me loosing helps me improve on my actual game.

Winners raging on a loser though is just sore winners, those people exist sadly, just bad sportsmanship all round!

I enjoy this game, mainly because I dont play seriously anyway and the main reason I loose is I create daft decks to begin with lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2014-12-25 at 07:21 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I often send players friend requests like that because I want to just say "Hey, mate, this was one awesome game! Especially that move/turn" kinda. Sometimes I just want to ask for a rematch, but again, not with the intention to offend the opponent or to "show him who's the boss". What I've been noticing as of lately is that more and more people decline my friend requests.... This is kinda sad :/

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want friends make a Neptulon deck. People love murlocs.