Deleted

leveling Enchanting

so i boosted a char on a new server and have no professions i picked up jc and enchanter but as far as i can see theres no catchup recipes for enchanters.
    With JC i could just craft blue rings to level it pretty fast to 600+ but you would need a stupid amount of dreanic dust etc to level from 1-700(basically 20 dust=2skillpoints)only to reach 600 through the dreanic recipes i would need to spend like 40k gold on dust. Is there any type of recipe for catch up? the prices for old mats on my server are retarded....
    Last edited by mmoc86e11c7688; 2014-12-23 at 07:26 PM.

Enchanting has always been expensive to level. You're probably better off getting an enchanter study, DEing the greens/blues you get while questing and stocking up on dust that way to save you some gold, otherwise you'll have to bite the bullet and spend the 4k+ on the AH.

IF you have an abundance of garrison resources, you can buy some dust at the trading post. The only problem is the ratio isn't that great - I think it's 30 resources for 5 dust :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    im already lvl 100 and did all quests so theres no greens for me anymore besides dailys etc if it only would be 4k i would spend it but its about 40k from 1 to 600 so thats out of question. guess im gonna have to run some old dungeons. But why hastn blizz implemented catch up recipes for enchanting as well? i dont get it almost every profession has these.

The only benefit you get from leveling enchanting is higher yield on the daily cooldown, and if the cost of the mats is higher than really cheap it's unlikely to be worth it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you got to boost you professions to level 90 when you boost your toon, did they change that, and if they did not why didn't you use it?

Deleted
    afaik you only get the profession boost when you boost a 60+character to 90. i can get 11 skillpoints just by using my daily cooldown and the recipebook thing maybe i will just let it stay at lowlevel and its gonna raise to max by just daylies.... thats gonna fuck me up gonna have to get over it i guess i hate not maxed professions

I also have jewelcraft and enchanting and here is how I'm leveling enchanting with almost no cost.

1. Buy loads of cheap ore
    2. Make loads of blue rings via JC
    3. Disenchant all the rings for Draenic Dust
    4. Make shards with all the dust
    5. Make enchants with shards
    6. Sell enchants on AH
    7. Buy more ore...

I am finding that critical strike enchants sell best

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do the daily cooldowns with an enchanter study. Least expensive by far. Only prob is it will only go up about 11 points a day. I have 1 alt doing JC all I did was learn JC and do the profession dailies. I crafted a few rings here and there and it leveled it up a bit as well which the alt will use in later levels.

This is better than dropping 5k+ gold on power leveling the profession.
    Last edited by Laroux; 2014-12-25 at 09:41 AM.

Melandara,

A few simple tips. If ore is cheap, follow Zany's advice directly. If it is not or you can't get enough quickly, then:

Do destroy searches on hypnotic dust, vision dust and illusion dust several times a day. Hire a tailor to make lower level gear and DE it for whichever kind of dust you need. Tip them exceptionally well for their valuable time. While the dust may be super expensive you can probably get the cloth needed very easily. Provide all mats to the tailor. They may need to craft for you for a good 30 minutes or more depending on how much dust you want.

You can use your jewelcrafter to make your hypnotic dust very easily on many servers.

On a new server, you might want to also boost one or two level 60 DK's just to boost things along a bit and give you acceptable market leverage. If you really want to sail a bit more smoothly, it might be nice to have a tailor (and maybe a BS or inscriptionist to go along with the tailor).
    Last edited by coldcaster; 2014-12-26 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    The only benefit you get from leveling enchanting is higher yield on the daily cooldown, and if the cost of the mats is higher than really cheap it's unlikely to be worth it.
    Is that true though? I have 2 700 enchanters and they still get 1 crystal per day, the same that my 6xx gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Is that true though? I have 2 700 enchanters and they still get 1 crystal per day, the same that my 6xx gets.
    That might be unintentional. It would make sense that a lvl 700 enchanter would get a full crystal and 6xx just fragments, so maybe it's bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by zany30 View Post
    I also have jewelcraft and enchanting and here is how I'm leveling enchanting with almost no cost.

1. Buy loads of cheap ore
    2. Make loads of blue rings via JC
    3. Disenchant all the rings for Draenic Dust
    4. Make shards with all the dust
    5. Make enchants with shards
    6. Sell enchants on AH
    7. Buy more ore...

I am finding that critical strike enchants sell best
    Way to complicated, simply sell the dust. It's always in demand, as lots of non-enchanters need dust for their enchanting work orders.

I leveled my JC to 600 almost for free by buying dirt cheap ores (you need 48 stacks, 75-100g a stack). Disenchanted the 120 rings, netting you about 1000ish dust and some non interesting luminess shards. Sell the dust for 1k a stack, and voila, there is JC at 600. To 700 just takes a while crafting either normal gems, or do the daily cd's.