Poll: Worst PvP season?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Worst PvP season?

in terms of damage/healing balance currently.

OP, assuming you voted option 1, you definitely don't understand what balance is.

MoP season 1 was the worst so far, IMO...

Wow someone forgot about bubleboys with wings killing you in burst or stampede shit . Jeez human brain really remember only good things from past.

Deleted
    nowhere near

Deleted
    As a mage I'm sad.
    However I do remember Warrior taste for blood 5 stack 1 shotting and BM jungle kill command 1 shot aswell previously... So No it's not the worst. Although I am a sad mage.

http://i.imgur.com/n67E6wm.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    As a mage I'm sad.
    However I do remember Warrior taste for blood 5 stack 1 shotting and BM jungle kill command 1 shot aswell previously... So No it's not the worst. Although I am a sad mage.

http://i.imgur.com/n67E6wm.png

While i like to play a mage, my dmg outside of burst is not existing. And my survivability...well lol what survivability.

In 1v1 i have no chance, because 1 burst is not enough to kill something and i dont live long enough to get a 2nd burst. Then again, fuck competitive pvp, i just do it for fun. CBA reroll fotm every season.

(i dont understand tho why they tried to remove instant cc and blanket silences and while they took it from some they left it for others...doesnt make sense)

PS: Voted for "hard to say"

This season isn't all that bad. Casters are kind of getting dumpstered for the most part, but maybe that'll change with gear since more Haste means faster casts means more damage. In theory, anyway. The first season of every expansion has been pretty melee dominated so no surprise there.

I think this is probably the first season all 5 healers were strong though, so that's a plus for us that like to play healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    strange poll, this season isn't even in the running.. :s

edit - holy crap 35% of people who saw this actually think this is the worst season ever for class balance.. HA! Did 35% of you just start playing wow in WoD?!

Deleted
    Nah, not even close to as terrible as most first seasons.

Did you already forget about first MoP season? Those fun warlocks?

What about first WotLK season? Remember that DK who hit glad rating by spamming a /castall macro that listed all his spells?

Compared to last season, WoD is an unbalanced shitfest, but you can't really compare the final season of an expansion to the first season of an expansion, with all the changes to the game that happens when one is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    op must play retardin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This season isn't all that bad. Casters are kind of getting dumpstered for the most part, but maybe that'll change with gear since more Haste means faster casts means more damage. In theory, anyway. The first season of every expansion has been pretty melee dominated so no surprise there.

I think this is probably the first season all 5 healers were strong though, so that's a plus for us that like to play healers.
    There are 2 healers and 1 caster that are viable. The rest is melee. Nice balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    There are 2 healers and 1 caster that are viable. The rest is melee. Nice balance.
    Wait what?

Which 2 healers are viable? Let me guess, Disc/RDruid, because you're 1500 and have no idea how to deal with them. Please, don't talk about things you don't know anything about. All 5 healers are perfectly viable to 2600+.

As for casters, Locks are really strong yeah, other than that the other casters are pretty weak. But still viable to 2400+, they're just harder to play currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Wait what?

Which 2 healers are viable? Let me guess, Disc/RDruid, because you're 1500 and have no idea how to deal with them. Please, don't talk about things you don't know anything about. All 5 healers are perfectly viable to 2600+.

As for casters, Locks are really strong yeah, other than that the other casters are pretty weak. But still viable to 2400+, they're just harder to play currently.
    Every healer can join up with 2 melees or ret hunt or rogue lock thats why they are viable .... Which i think its a good thing ... However as a caster you can not que up with any combination od dd/heal and expect to get very far. You either cue up for godcomp cc with shadow/resto druid or lock/shaman for dotpressure. Thats pretty much it
    Last edited by Pandacally; 2014-12-24 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    There should also be a question, how many seasons have you played above 2k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    As a mage I'm sad
    frost mages in cataclysm

nuff said

Not by a long shot. There have been such gamebreaking op things in the past, discs and dks atm don't even compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Not by a long shot. There have been such gamebreaking op things in the past, discs and dks atm don't even compare.
    Except melee are over tuned and interrupts have no DR, not that it would help much. Many casters have 0 mobility and hit like a wet noodle when they do and sacrifice their ramp up to do it, looking at you shaman, warlock, and especially you mages, *cough* arcane *cough*.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless WoD is the first expansion you ever played, there's no way that this season is the worst. WotLK season 1 is arguably the worst with Death Knights running rampant and Ret Paladins having massive burst in the earlier stages of the expansion before the nerfs rolled in.

Let's not forget that DK's back then could battle rezz in Arenas by making a fallen ally player a Ghoul, along with having basically every tool for PvP compared to most other dps classes.

WotLK season 1 was a massive joke compared to now.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    strange poll, this season isn't even in the running.. :s

edit - holy crap 35% of people who saw this actually think this is the worst season ever for class balance.. HA! Did 35% of you just start playing wow in WoD?!
    Agree with this. Tough call, but I think the start of S5 may have been the worst, but I don't usually give it too much thought. (S5 was the reign of Ret/DK, right?)

started in wotlk, can say the worst were s5, s9, s10, s11, s12. All of cata was atrocious (im looking at u pve gear).

It definitely has its issues but they are nowhere near as bad as a lot of other ones this game has seen (S5 DKs/survival hunters/rets, shadowmourne/fangs, warriors and BM hunters and heart of the wild "resto" druids in early MoP, etc.).