Stopcasting macro not working on AiS cast

[SOLVED]

Just deleted and remade it and then replaced the one on my task bar, it is working now.

[/SOLVED]

Hi all

I have this macro:

#showtooltip Kill Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

However if I am busy casting an aimed shot and the target goes below 20% pressing my kill shot button does not cancel the AiS.

Whats up with this?
    Last edited by georgelappies; 2014-12-24 at 01:33 PM.

I have the same macro and it works just fine. You probably have a typo in macro

Deleted
    Did you drag that macro onto your actionbars ?
    It should work.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    is it worth it to interrupt a cast that is more than halfway complete?

i did such macro, but only for emergency button (tranq shot, deterrence, feign death), i'm unsure about kill and chimera shot, i'm way too spammy on my hotkeys, i would interrupt every single aim shot cast.

Should work. It is the same macro I have on my hunter. Works like a peach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Just deleted and remade it and then replaced the one on my task bar, it is working now.

Vankrys I am only level 93 now so it is more for leveling and doing dungeons while leveling while stuff is dying very fast.

You shouldn't cancel AiS anyway, that macro will just end up being a DPS loss overall since if you aren't spamming it, you will get a slight delay in queuing it up after a cast.

Just learn to play in a way where the scenario of CS/KS coming off CD won't happen during AiS cast.

Ok will unbound it and practice getting my timings right then

And I also believe that a /stopcasting macro will not only stop your Aimed Shot, but it will also stop your Auto Shot, so you will lose out on both.

Deleted
    Stopcasting macros for KS are only really worth it in PvP, and even there I have 2 keybinds. One with, one without stopcasting. Especially with the loss of up to an entire Auto Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You shouldn't cancel AiS anyway, that macro will just end up being a DPS loss overall since if you aren't spamming it, you will get a slight delay in queuing it up after a cast.

Just learn to play in a way where the scenario of CS/KS coming off CD won't happen during AiS cast.
    I agree that it's better not to use this.

However, he said he was leveling. And during leveling dps doens't matter, what does matter however is that you retain that 50 focus for the next mob.
    Of course learning to forsee those events is important, but there are always those "pesky" crit auto shots that bring a mob from 50% HP to 30% HP, and a stopcasting macro could save him a lot of time as he didn't just waste 50 focus on a mob that was already in KS range.

Personally I would keep the macro until you're done leveling, then get rid of it.