Tower defense games

I don't really know what I am looking for at this point. I love defense style games, loved Orcs must Die! but no matter what it seems I am always looking for more.

I am a big fan of Terraria and open world games where I can essentially shape the world around me. I love creating traps to defend against hordes of enemies while I pick off stragglers but that can get old sometimes since a simple lava trap can take out most anything.

I recently started playing a new game called Craft the World which is a mix of both Terraria and Dwarf!? I am really enjoying right now but even with the speed up function it can still take forever to do anything at all.

There are two tower defense traps in the game which are great when combined with fences and spike traps to slow down the zombies at night while you keep your Dwarves safe in base or set them to attack while mining for resources underground to upgrade their gear. I love those aspects of the game but sadly the game just feels too slow sometimes.

Dungeon Defenders has been one of my favorite since I found it.

Deleted
    Check out Sang Froid, might be interesting for you.

Deleted
    Can I just wade in with Bloons Tower Defence. That is such an addicting game. Maybe not your taste of tower defence games, but a fun one all the same.

You may want to look into a game called Deathtrap. It is currently Early Access but it is made by the same people who created The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (which is an excellent ARPG) and has a great deal of potential.

Endless Dungeon is good tower-defensey game