What the hell happened here?

This place has gone from arguably the most useful place full of Warlock info, discussions and tips anywhere to a cesspool of bitching, whining and trolling on par with the official forums. Are we not moderating this place any more? Can we please try to be constructive with our posts here?

Yeah some shit's broken. Yeah, some things could be better. Can we get over it, move on and start talking about ways to improve and work around our issues instead of bitching about the same damned things incessantly and feeding trolls all day?

Deleted
    Most of the regulars ARE over it. The problem is that new expansion brings new changes and it draws people out of the woodwork. They make an account, don't read anything, and launch a tirade of 'zomg wtf gg blizz'. They then never come back.

Same with the retards who make new accounts to shit post or the randoms who drop in from the front page page to taunt and gloat.

Honestly I've mostly given up here and prefer to do most things via pms or in game. Less hassle. Less stress. Less retards.

Give it a few months and this place might simmer down, otherwise for those interested in a nicer, albeit far smaller community, come try out the Icy Veins forums, which are an independent entity to the main site. It could use a few new bodies posting opinions and findings.

Uhhh...? Are you looking at the same forums I'm looking at. The vast majority of posts here have been constructive. Yes, we're arguing over whether or not our situation is bad and out of balance, but the discussion has, for the most part, been rather civil and constructive. If you're looking for specific information on specs, the stickied guides are also a good place to go for conversation on the specs themselves. But overall, I still think this forum has been rather constructive and informative.

It's easy for people to be nice and helpful if life is going their way. It's when times get hard that people show their true colors. People who ere formerly generous, giving sorts become greedy and when it gets bad enough downright violent to try to get what they want.

That's just human nature, it applies to warlocks too.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    come try out the Icy Veins forums, which are an independent entity to the main site. It could use a few new bodies posting opinions and findings.
    Holy shit! Thank you, that's refreshing!

I've been wanting to make a warlock forum (like how2priest) but I'm not sure if the demand is there or people would even visit.
    The amount of trolls in here make having constructive conversations almost impossible.

I completely agree. I've posted this in a few of the bigger threads. Yeah there are some constructive posts and threads, but there's so much complaining about the sky falling and the class being completely gutted and us being forsaken and shunned by the devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been a lot of constructive discussion about performance and the mechanics issues that influence it, the problem is that since we don't have any regular posting mods like XSKarma anymore, things seem to get quickly derailed all too easily. Happens every time mods get jaded and fade away, or get promoted out.

Good news though, they're recruiting new ones. And in even better news for many folks, I won't be applying.

And in even better news for many folks, I won't be applying.
    Dont bash me but uhmm... You gotta apply, everone has their call in WOW life, this is yours. Cease the moment!

It's really to be expected, maybe not to the full extent we're seeing now though...
    In Throne of Thunder, after the progression, we had a good long haul of UVLS-fun, and then we had the fun that was scaling through the roof in SoO. It stands to reason that some people got used to being overpowered, as far as to not accept being brought in line. And as weird as it feels to say, I can understand the frustration.

With that said however, we moderate where we can, and greatly appreciate you guys reporting posts that are out of line. It is completely needed in order to try and cleanse this forum of off-topic and toxic attitudes, so please keep doing so.

With that said, this thread doesn't really serve a constructive purpose for this forum, so I'll be locking it.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud