Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trying to do Brackenspore with PUGs is the biggest nightmare ever

I can PUG every other boss and kill them all on heroic.. But something about Bracken makes it a complete disaster.. Is there some fail proof strat for PUGs on this boss?

Deleted
    Why not commit to a guild so that you can avoid frustration and stress, surly 2 days a week 7-8 to 10;00 GMT will not affect you. Tried all Normal and HC pugs and I got to the point where I wanted to un-sub for the stupidity of other people. I reckon why people fail on brakenspore is because people fail at the flameguns either they dont know how to do it or are lazy to even notice the green stuff on the ground

Ko'ragh is the big pug killer in my experience (0-17 so far)

*edit*

0-31 as of this evening. I really do think I've seen everything that can possibly go wrong on this boss happen now.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2014-12-27 at 01:21 AM.

i 2 shotted that fight with pugs lol.. as safe proof always interrupt the add cause others wont..

I've had pretty good success with pugging Brackenspore. Just need to ensure people switch targets properly and the interrupt decay. Also, flamethrowers knowing is key. It's definitely a lot to ask out of PuGs, honestly probably hardest fight aside from Imperator to pug.

If you can get yourself a Flamethrower and know how to work it, it is a huge help.

Flamethrower is the only hinge pin in this fight. The rest you can manage easily. You need to learn it yourself even if you don't DPS at all during the fight and you need another person confident with it. It's not the hardest task but the entire raid pretty much relies on those two people.

For me Brackenspore is the 2nd easiest boss to PUG. Since you're talking heroic, you should have people on flamethrowers that have experience doing it on normal, same goes for everyone else. Healers and tanks need to know what to do, DPS need to know to interrupt, how to cleave, where to stand, etc.\

Ko'ragh is a nightmare to PUG on heroic, my experience is the same as the guy above, 0 for who knows how many.
    One Sweet Dream

flamethrowers arent that difficult, make a macro to stop autocasting it and do it urself. unless u are a healer and need to be near the group. or a tank.

otherwise any ranged dps can do it. just dont waste heat on moss if its not near the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Makronik View Post
    Why not commit to a guild so that you can avoid frustration and stress, surly 2 days a week 7-8 to 10;00 GMT will not affect you. Tried all Normal and HC pugs and I got to the point where I wanted to un-sub for the stupidity of other people. I reckon why people fail on brakenspore is because people fail at the flameguns either they dont know how to do it or are lazy to even notice the green stuff on the ground
    My guild doesn't raid this week due to holiday. I'm sure it's like that for the majority of guilds out there.

First half the fight, dps hard. Second half the fight, the two people with flame throwers focus only on clearing moss. The blue mushrooms make up for the loss of DPS on the flame throwers. Its using the flame throwers too early, or worrying too much about dps later in the fight, that people usually mess up on.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Ko'ragh is the big pug killer in my experience (0-17 so far)
    Which I find pretty weird, since he was one of the easier bosses as a guild...

But yeah, same experience in pugs.

As others have said, Ko'ragh is the brick wall for pugs right now. I've had some issues with brackenspore, but it was because of tanks who don't understand how necrotic breath works. Using CDs and calling for externals is hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    First half the fight, dps hard. Second half the fight, the two people with flame throwers focus only on clearing moss. The blue mushrooms make up for the loss of DPS on the flame throwers. Its using the flame throwers too early, or worrying too much about dps later in the fight, that people usually mess up on.
    loss of dps from flamethrowers?? you mean they gain damage when doing flamethrowers right? otherwise they are doing it horribly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try finding a pug that can kill butcher heroic, in total I'm over 50 wipes now and the groups are usually filled with mongoloids that ninja-pull and leave after a first wipe.

Haven't managed to kill Bracken yet either due to people failing on flamethrowes and fucking up on mushrooms and not dpsing the mind fungus.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an absolute nightmare...
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I find blackenspore to be one of the easiest bosses but I'm a healer so I'm popping the mushroom and taking care or it so it does not fade before time and I also call the green mushrooms if the tanks are idiots.

Bracken PUGS seem to be big failures in my experience. Group doesn't stack, green shrooms topped of too early and thus are not around for infesting spores, decay not being interupted.

I am primarily in a PVP guild, and I enjoy PVPing more than PVEing, but I am enjoying PVE this expac, but my guild doesnt do it. Too bad you can't be in two guilds like GW2...

Guess I will only PUG Bracken if they require vent.

Deleted
    Attempted Brackenspore in a pug a few days ago, raid leader asked raid to stack in the mind fungus for a haste buff

Replace bads, invite people with curve only.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    Yes, because folks who are already clearing heroic imperator give a shit about a normal mode pug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    bads and people without curve are not the same thing. It's so stupid when people demand to have cleared the content you are joining.