Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is this a common thing in Ashran now?

Basically, in our server cluster it seems like alliance mostly wins. Now horde has started to just go en masse on the side events that give 125 conquest points each and basically ignore the actual fight. This means alliance wins the battle fast, but horde wins all the side events. This of course means that horde gets more conquest points in the end as those events are repeatable unlike the victory conquest points, which is a daily thing.

So I guess if this keeps going on, alliance will shift to those events too and both sides ignore actual battle.

You can get a max of 200 CP from Ashran, no matter what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    You are mistaken, I got two weeks worth of conquest from doing side events in Ashran. Never even went to arena.

This is 100% factually incorrect... Winning the "boss" battle nets you 350 CP daily. Defeating the summoned boss will net you 25 CP each time, not sure if there is a max to this per day. Many of the events also reward 125 CP but as I am Alliance I'm not 100% on which ones reward this amount and which are repeatable each day.

I've been able to cap my alts each week just by doing Ashran 4 days and my Gladiator Sanctum work orders fill out the rest.

It happens but I mean there's still a cap on conquest points. Unless I'm in the mood to work on a Nemesis quest I only stay long enough to kill Volrath once a day for the purple box. Considering half the raid typically drops group after Volrath dies, I imagine that's what most people do. A few in general chat may moan about letting the Horde win events, implying they are 'playing smarter,' but people don't care because capping points is easier than its ever been.

I doubt the actual battle will ever be ignored, especially if it's typically one-sided. The box is the main reason to go to Ashran after you've gotten the 200 bonus conquest, unless you are not doing any rated pvp whatsoever. Even then you'll probably hit the cap just by killing Volrath once a day.

Alliance still gets a shot at a conquest item every day... Max 1 a week though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    All I got from boxes was blues, not even the good blues but the primal aspirant's shit.

Exactly how it is on my server, we just go out and do events like crazy while alliance sit outside our base. Ironically we're the Alliance for once is doing a straight forward fight and we're going off to the sides(Horde usually go mid on everything).

When Blizzard said that "Alliance time to shine" I think they also meant Ashran, cause there is no way the Horde should have such a weaker disadvantage like this. But hey, I get Conquest capped in 1 1/2 hrs so..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards queue/faction balance system for ashran is utter garbage. The vast majority of ashran hubs are facerolled by alliance due to uneven numbers. So if you are horde your only hope is to send half the raid to the side events, at least that's what we did as well.

1700 cap is consist of: 1500 you can get from arena/rbg/ashran + last 200 only from ashran bonus
    so you can have whole conquest cap just playing ashran but not by playing arena or rbg

the problem is people are unaweare of things going around and not bothered to research about them, they need to be pointed to
    for example if you spam with warning in raid group and actually will make ppl to follow and go smash opposite faction on events / kill rares or push middle
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-12-25 at 02:21 PM.

I wouldnt really know.... I cant get IN this expansions pathetic failure of a zone to even try... fuck waiting 4-6 hours to get my ass handed to me

I play Ashran a lot and continue to earn Conq points after cap 200/200....

Yes yes, my Ashran does the exact same thing. Alliance wins the whole thing on cooldown while horde monopolizes all the events. It reminds me of the silent community agreements like alliance gets docks while horde gets workshop in IoC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Basically, in our server cluster it seems like alliance mostly wins. Now horde has started to just go en masse on the side events that give 125 conquest points each and basically ignore the actual fight. This means alliance wins the battle fast, but horde wins all the side events. This of course means that horde gets more conquest points in the end as those events are repeatable unlike the victory conquest points, which is a daily thing.

So I guess if this keeps going on, alliance will shift to those events too and both sides ignore actual battle.
    Why would we waste our time on side events?
    1 win per day will give you like 2400 points + rbg games 1-3 wins, a few arena games to cap the rest if needed, its so easy to get conquest from other sources and i think i speak for most players when i say id like to spend as little time as possible in ashran, the current setup allows horde and ally to now bypass this dumpster zone as quickly as possible.

It reminds me a lot of tol barad, it sucked so much realm factions just win traded so we could all kill the boss and not have to waste time there.

Its kinda funny how bad content tends to make alliance and horde work together when the whole point of ashran is to be a horde v ally pvp zone.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2014-12-26 at 11:04 AM.

Actually you can get more than one a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Actually you can get more than one a week
    Got a source for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still in a disadvantage as afaik those lockboxes never award conquest gear; only the ones from the end bosses. Even so, you should be doing arena for conquest to begin with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    They're still in a disadvantage as afaik those lockboxes never award conquest gear; only the ones from the end bosses. Even so, you should be doing arena for conquest to begin with lol.
    The Gold Ashmaul Warbox (the daily win) has a small chance for dropping a conquest piece. I confirmed it myself (don't have a blue source on the matter) last week by getting a set-piece helm (that I unfortunately already had).

Yes, you should be doing arenas and RBGs for conquest gear and to raise your cap to get more pieces at a steady rate, but winning 3 RBGs at the beginning of the week, winning Ashran daily, and winning the Coliseum once a week grants you those extra chances at a Free piece of Conquest gear, allowing you to finish gearing up early.

Anyone know what Burning Power from Burning Power is? I saw it on a druid in Ashran. Also saw "skulking" on another druid which seems to be stealth, might be similar to the curse buff that you kill an NPC for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know what Burning Power from Burning Power is? I saw it on a druid in Ashran. Also saw "skulking" on another druid which seems to be stealth, might be similar to the curse buff that you kill an NPC for it.
    It's from Ring of Conquest. There are some fire braziers around where little flames elevate upstream. You click on that flame and gives you that buff.