Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Things that are currently broken in pvp and need fixing

- Too many Interrupts
    - Combat Rogue 8 sec kidney shot (stuns in general are too good but this one is extreme)
    - Burst of speed still far too good
    - DK "fire and forget" cc breaks
    - Ret support (still decent off heal, 2x sec, bop = too much)
    - Freezing trap cd/duration
    - Disc still too strong
    - Offensive dispel spam too good versus most classes
    - Some specs being unplayable or 10x harder to play to be succesful compared to others
    <inactive>

Deleted
    They never cared about balance and after the last round of 'abilities pruning and refinement it's worst than ever, from the smallest scale (1v1) to the biggest (ashran). if you want to enjoy pvp just reroll fotm facelol class and enjoy destroying the other classes.

lol @ telling a long time/well known multi-glad how to enjoy pvp. Also, Theed, I thought you'd know that posting about PvP on MMOC and hoping for a constructive discussion don't go hand-in-hand. Then again AJ is a massive crap-post, so where else to put it, really.

Combat Rogue 8 sec kidney shot (stuns in general are too good but this one is extreme)
    Agreed. Not sure how they're okay with combat rogues literally being the state they're in right now, but if PvE MoP locks were a testament to how long they'll let something stay OP, who knows if/when they'll nerf it.

Also, I think it's 'technically' 10 seconds w/ DR after the shadow/clone uses kidney on you afterwards. Just not all at once.

Burst of speed still far too good
    Agreed. They either need to remove it entirely or drastically change it in a way that it either falls off when hit with DIRECT damage, or takes more energy to use for a certain amount of time after its use/cast. Think of Kassadin's ult in LoL. That would balance it b/c you can't mongo spam it to get away and reset for free to kidney me for another year.

Ret support (still decent off heal, 2x sec, bop = too much)
    Disagree. If a ret is playing vs a purge team and is using SH they're a retard first off, should be taking SS since SH will just get insta-purged and they have literally no instant heal. 2 sacs I agree is on the line if anything, maybe remove the non-GCD and it'll be alright. Clemency is fine otherwise.

Freezing trap cd/duration
    Only really a problem if the hunter is Surv.

Disc still too strong
    Agree.

Some specs being unplayable or 10x harder to play to be succesful compared to others
    Agree, i.e resto shamans.

Also I wish they would just delete Ashran, what a piece of crap. Worse than any balance issue at the moment. It's a balance issue itself, actually. If you're playing horde right now, you win Ashran once in a blue moon. Good luck getting the queue to pop though in the first place. Since Ally are always winning, classes that use the rep Versatility pieces are ahead of everyone else. Not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to current faction imbalance. If I hear another PvPer say 'friends go where their friends go, it's not imbalance', I'll have a stroke.

It's true they don't care (or don't do enough) about PvP balance. PvE balance is really good but PvP is - as usual - fucked up. Even more telling is that they wanted to reduce the effectiveness of CC, which is why they reduced some durations (e.g. Fear), but look at all the short instant CCs which can be spammed every couple of seconds (as interrupts or short CCs), the obnoxious hunter traps, the 8 sec kidney, and stuff like that.

To enjoy PvP, follow Silmarieni's advice, get a PvP twink with one of the OP classes. If you play a class that's bad currently, you're restricted to very few comps, very few want you on their team, and you have to play much better than your enemies in order to win. It's doable, sure, but you always have an uphill battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on all points. They were supposed to fix pvp and in my opinion it's a bit worse than it used to be. Also when are they ever gonna do something about people that don't have gear going into bgs vs full geared people. I was playing on my monk the other day and i was getting roflstomped by full honor and some conquest geared people. What's the point if i have 70k less hp and can't kill a fly?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

As a monk, you better play BrM or MW. WW is unplayably bad right now. Deals little damage and has very poor defensives and self heal. A lot of WW monks are currently playing BrM in PvP which is quite decent thanks to the 4pc bonus which makes your Guard shields (~100k) apply to 2 nearby mates as well. BrM/Moonkin is currently one of the strongest 2v2 comps and in 3v3 you can play something like BrM/DK/HPala up to ~2400 rating currently. Not saying that it's good, but it tells something about the state of WW monks if people are playing things like *that*.

Agree with just about everything :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

What's the point if i have 70k less hp and can't kill a fly?
    Unrated BGs are casual and part of the gearing up process. Geared PvPers that want to BG will either do unrated BGs for fun or do RBGs for pushing rating vs other geared players.

Not saying that it's good
    2400 right now is literally rank 1, while 2100 ish?? is glad range... so. Anyway, on NA there are a bunch of glad range WW's. They're not bad. Look @ Balance and Venruki. SSJ is up there on multiple monks as always, too. I don't know or care about EU.

BM isn't very viable in 3s, only 2s because you do/almost do the damage of a WW, you just can't die. I mean sure there are probably BM's that are high rated, but barely any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    As a monk, you better play BrM or MW. WW is unplayably bad right now. Deals little damage and has very poor defensives and self heal. A lot of WW monks are currently playing BrM in PvP which is quite decent thanks to the 4pc bonus which makes your Guard shields (~100k) apply to 2 nearby mates as well. BrM/Moonkin is currently one of the strongest 2v2 comps and in 3v3 you can play something like BrM/DK/HPala up to ~2400 rating currently. Not saying that it's good, but it tells something about the state of WW monks if people are playing things like *that*.
    It actually isn't even the fact that WW monks are unplayable (because honestly they are) but the fact that you either play a dumb comp that 100% kills healers after 2 min or dies to a cleave. It's like an ultimatum.

I saw balance play and asked him a few questions about his comp. He basically goes on the healer and goes like this: Leg Sweep > Fists of Fury > Psychic Horror > Silence > Repeat. That's literally all he does. Then there's also monk/dk/healer which is just zerg really.

WW monks can also be easily replaced by any other melee in any comp and do better. Basically ww monk fall under the "Some specs being unplayable or 10x harder to play to be succesful compared to others" category. Especially when you can't even find any partners to play 3s with to begin with lel.

But yeah I agree with everything. Also the clemency talent should be reworked to not invoke the cooldown of the abilities affected when used on someone else with the same CD. Then there's also the bullshit slows ret paladins have that should be removed.

I basically agree with all points as well as the points added points Edx mentioned.

Well in all fairness to Combat rogues...
    People are idiots if they get stunned 12 sec by a combat rogue, yeah unless you are 1v1... Or your team mate is blinded...
    Else fucking get rid of the clone, 2 min CD 50k hp... PRETTY decent to kill it quick imho?!

Besides that id just want to see DK' & Ret's die...

80% of all combs is Ret - hunter - Healer or Dk - random - random.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    - Too many Interrupts
    - Combat Rogue 8 sec kidney shot (stuns in general are too good but this one is extreme)
    - Burst of speed still far too good
    - DK "fire and forget" cc breaks
    - Ret support (still decent off heal, 2x sec, bop = too much)
    - Freezing trap cd/duration
    - Disc still too strong
    - Offensive dispel spam too good versus most classes
    - Some specs being unplayable or 10x harder to play to be succesful compared to others
    -they removed blankets, its less than mop, it would be stupid for a class NOT to have an interrupt because then they would NEVER be played. i don't know what you want. do you mean ways to stop a cast? cause thats an entirely different story (CC).
    -ok fair enough
    -then youre playing with a bad dk, end of story, if a dk continuously breaks your cc then hes a shit dk with no awareness. tell him not to take fking necrotic plague with someone who has a breakable cc its common sense
    -they still had all of this utility in mop, its just that their dmg got buffed in wod, which made them skyrocket into FOTM status. in mop, they hit for less damage than a bm hunters pet, so their utility was reduced because they offered no damage
    -the cd is a problem not the duration, its pom sheep on a 12s or 25s cd
    -ok fair enough, just tone down the shield amount and we're fine here
    -ok agreed
    -will always happen no matter what. you can't counter this.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Well in all fairness to Combat rogues...
    People are idiots if they get stunned 12 sec by a combat rogue, yeah unless you are 1v1... Or your team mate is blinded...
    Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    Just stop.
    what is this cc u speak of

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stop.
    I think he's saying that worst case scenario your partners should be killing his clone.. Which is true I guess.

Edit- I'm stupid and didn't read the original post lol, he was indeed talking about killing clone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    what is this cc u speak of
    He's likely popping CDs if he drops the clone..which means if you're not the kill target and you're cross cc'd;
    you can trink with a clean conscience And one of you should always have a trink up against rogue x (hmm outside of RMP I guess).

Edit edit - I'm removing the rest because I don't want people to think an 8s stun is ok in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2014-12-25 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow fix disc in 2s. They are ok in 3s.

Someone made a decent post on official Forums to reduce the healing from penance and pws by a bit, but giving Renew back to disc and increase the effectiveness of flash heal. This is good, because less penance and more flash will help bringing priests oom faster. Also remove silence entirely and give us back fear baseline. Let us talent it into shorter CD (old 30 (27 with the old pvp gloves, but 30 is ok)).

This would nerf disc in 2s but keeping them viable for 3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

1/3 of this thread is about rogues. take away cc/bos, give us them there 100k crit eviscerates and 50k backstabs/ss and 70k ambushes. apparently everyone's fine with massive damage from other classes so it should be cool.

lol @ telling a long time/well known multi-glad how to enjoy pvp. Also, Theed, I thought you'd know that posting about PvP on MMOC and hoping for a constructive discussion don't go hand-in-hand. Then again AJ is a massive crap-post, so where else to put it, really.

Agreed. Not sure how they're okay with combat rogues literally being the state they're in right now, but if PvE MoP locks were a testament to how long they'll let something stay OP, who knows if/when they'll nerf it.

Also, I think it's 'technically' 10 seconds w/ DR after the shadow/clone uses kidney on you afterwards. Just not all at once.

Agreed. They either need to remove it entirely or drastically change it in a way that it either falls off when hit with DIRECT damage, or takes more energy to use for a certain amount of time after its use/cast. Think of Kassadin's ult in LoL. That would balance it b/c you can't mongo spam it to get away and reset for free to kidney me for another year.

Disagree. If a ret is playing vs a purge team and is using SH they're a retard first off, should be taking SS since SH will just get insta-purged and they have literally no instant heal. 2 sacs I agree is on the line if anything, maybe remove the non-GCD and it'll be alright. Clemency is fine otherwise.

Only really a problem if the hunter is Surv.

Agree.

Agree, i.e resto shamans.

Also I wish they would just delete Ashran, what a piece of crap. Worse than any balance issue at the moment. It's a balance issue itself, actually. If you're playing horde right now, you win Ashran once in a blue moon. Good luck getting the queue to pop though in the first place. Since Ally are always winning, classes that use the rep Versatility pieces are ahead of everyone else. Not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to current faction imbalance. If I hear another PvPer say 'friends go where their friends go, it's not imbalance', I'll have a stroke.
    Just a reminder that whatever you do "in game" is irrelevant in the real life.

Happy Holidays.

Burst of Speed needs to be removed and replaced with something that isn't so fucking retarded. Baseline shadowstep sounds more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post

Happy Holidays.
    Why did you even post?

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post

Happy Holidays.
    Just a reminder that it's pointless to separate real life from virtual life. Virtual activity is still activity within the real life and it influences the person as the person influences it. To make an analogy, it would be equally stupid to claim that whatever you do in a game of Billard in real life would be irrelevant. Sure it's also "just a game", but more generally it's an entertainment activity (you do it to relax), a social activity (you do it to meet others) as well as maybe a sport (you do it for competing with others and trying hard to achieve something) depending on how serious you play it. I chose this example because of low physical activity as well.