Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I know this comment wasn't aimed at me, but apart from the broken double frost dks and surv/restodruid there really is a reason why disc is top dog in 2s. I have listed several ways to fix this without harming 3s, But then again it may be because other classes that priest has a lot of synergy with are in a pretty strong spot atm.
    Yes, disc is strong in 2s. But the game isn't balanced around 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    1/3 of this thread is about rogues. take away cc/bos, give us them there 100k crit eviscerates and 50k backstabs/ss and 70k ambushes. apparently everyone's fine with massive damage from other classes so it should be cool.
    This.
    Grass is greener, etc, etc.

From a atm 1600 mmr resto shaman, that made challenger with peak 2,150 last season, with the exactly same friend team (pve players, hunter, warrior, me restoshaman)

Every healer, but priest, in 3vs3 dies in a single interrupt right now. Even at low rating, one "failed" juke cast (which is brutal with the new latency buff, compared to back than) means that u will die as a healer.

As a shaman i very often die after sucessfully juking out the interrupts, only to be stunned to death shortly after (or i just die to a random retpala using wings and a 6 sec stun out of nowhere, but the same happens to all classes it seems), while wearing double stamina +battlemaster trinket (380 k hp). Sometimes i survive, because my mates are using defensive stuff.

The current state of disc priest is, they survive stuff that kills all other healers easily, they have a silence, and landing a interrupt doesnt secure a kill.

I am a longterm shaman pvp player, and i am used to being easy to train / kill for the tsg teams and alike.
    But imo its now worse than it was in the glorious stampede days, or the season (i think it was s 5) where a shaman silence reduce talent bugged on dks, to make dk silence last 8 seconds.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-12-26 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    Thank god you 1500 rated people aren't employed by Blizzard.

Disc priests too strong. And you all agree.

Please get to a decent rating and realize priests aren't strong at all. In fact, once you hit glad range priest are tied for worst with shamans.
    Disc seems pretty weak

Deleted
    The biggest issue for me is queues
    1. Queues to Ashran, the bridge bug doesnt seem to work anymore so with a irl you cannot get your daily chest every day because of eternal queues
    2. Coliseum, sometimes queues are extremely long and even if it's not that long the preparation timer before you actually get to start killing something is horrible for some reason I cant really understand. It's annoyingly long.
    3. RBGs, I love RBGs but I have busy irl so cant dedicate myself to a guild so me and my friends make YOLO-runs to try get our three wins, which takes quite a while as well to find people and replace people between runs.

Overall, as a pvp player most of time is queuing and waiting if you have a irl and cant play early mornings or late nights. All that waiting results in boredom, because when you have time to play you want to play.

Most important is fixing Ashran and Coliseum both horrible wait time, RBGs are ok.
    After that, do something about crazy disc priests and game is fine. Game is balanced 3v3 and only thing making 3v3 arena a mess is disc priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but surely it can be better than it is now?

Then again we're still into the early part of the first season in a new expansion, and compared to other expansions this does look a lot better for being in the stage 1 phase.

Now if only Holinka would communicate better on twitter and not be so stubborn, but actually be open to implement small changes and be more lenient on releasing frequent small updates. That'd make everything so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post

The current state of disc priest is, they survive stuff that kills all other healers easily, they have a silence, and landing a interrupt doesnt secure a kill.
    Try purging, like someone said discs at really high ratings are at the bottom along with rshams and mw monks.
    Since the silence nerf Discs playing/synergising so well with rets and hunters is what is keeping there representation so high because php is so brainless and strong but druids are starting to take over more, i can assure you playing tsg we destroy any priest who isnt with a ret.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2014-12-26 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...400&ladder=3v3

You should check Glad range though. A lot better over there.

It may or may not have something to do with that disc is easy to play (a lot easier than holy was in S15), which promotes them to semi-high rating. Low skillcap etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

1 priest in top 50. And he plays holy.

The most retarded thing is DPSers being able to spam heals and never EVER go OOM... How I miss TBC and WotLK PvP (skipped Cata and MoP entirely) compared to how it looks right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    They've trade any kind of speed boost/decent slow (that most get "for free") for that Strang (the real problem, wich is a stun). They even loose dmg (since it costs a rune, wich is really expensive since rune regen times are bad) to strang you (plus CD on it) while for others it's just a CD that they can hit for free.

And "dying b/c DK dmg"? Hahahaha in fact anyone wich better gear than you, can kill you. The time you spent "gripped" is not even enough to get more than one hit on you, unless you're really that slow or got all of your CDs down at that exactly time (really, wich ranged class can't get away again basically at the same time they get gripped??? Even melees, other than DKs, can just jump away again ignoring even the talent that roots you for a few secs with CoI).
    Are you like 1200 rated?

Things that aren't balanced in WoD:

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    P.S. I don't play combat its extremely weak outside the utility of a big stun where someone else finishes you. As for burst of speed, I guess you would like rogues to simply be a punch bag?
    pretty much, here is rogue post-pvp forum whiner babby changes:

- 2.5/3 second base duration kidney shot
    - only one stun, probably kidney. cheapshot, gouge, blind, sap, garrote removed.
    - no BoS
    - tiny buffs to shadowstep because they are very benevolent
    - longer kick cooldown
    - no change to damage (sweet 8k backstab crits)
    - mutilate and combat not viable in pvp
    - slower in-combat energy regen
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2014-12-26 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    I don't actually get how people can think disc are OP at the moment.
    Since the nerfs disc pretty much dropped off the ladder to be replaced by resto druids everywhere.

I mean honestly look at the EU and US ladders, disc has pretty much disappeared. Even resto shamans who get cleaved down easily are having a better time than disc.

I don't get blizzard sometimes, they see disc doing too well so they nerf them (imo fair enough) but they do it in a way in which disc just drops out and is now replaced by resto druid and now resto druids are top dogs by a large margin, then they just suddenly stop doing pvp balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    pretty much, here is rogue post-pvp forum whiner babby changes:

- 2.5/3 second base duration kidney shot
    - only one stun, probably kidney. cheapshot, gouge, blind, sap, garrote removed.
    - no BoS
    - tiny buffs to shadowstep because they are very benevolent
    - longer kick cooldown
    - no change to damage (sweet 8k backstab crits)
    - mutilate and combat not viable in pvp
    - slower in-combat energy regen
    Yeah that is the problem with most of the PvP community, they are terrible and bias. I mean honestly until you reach around 2.1k~ rating, imbalance really is not a thing, if you lose at about sub 2.1k rating its most likely due to the other team being better or you fucking up.

These 1500 players on forums though, play terribly, lose to a team with a rogue and think to themselves if rogues were nerfed I could get 2k easily.

Players can never just look at things objectively or even look at themselves as players and say why am I losing. I mean those rogue suggestions posted are just beyond stupid and are obviosuly posted by someone who just does not know this game at all but is convinced that rogues need to be nerfed to the ground.

My objective opinion of rogues, yes I do feel the 8 second kidney needs to go, it feels like a horribly gimmicky playstyle to just get stuck in 8 second kidneys and lose to it and even playing as combat it just feels so boring that the playstyle centers around 8 second kidneys but at the same time while the 8 sec kidney needs to go they do need to be compensated in other areas. I mean rogue is hardly dominating the ladders and outside of the 8 second kidney there are not that great. I do feel like they do need some slight buffs while also losing the 8 second kidney (at least toning it down).

But these 1500 players don't think like that, they get in this red hot hatred where a class needs to lose every ability rather than looking at how the class needs to be changed and will they still be competitive after the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    - Too many Interrupts
    - Combat Rogue 8 sec kidney shot (stuns in general are too good but this one is extreme)
    - Burst of speed still far too good
    - DK "fire and forget" cc breaks
    - Ret support (still decent off heal, 2x sec, bop = too much)
    - Freezing trap cd/duration
    - Disc still too strong
    - Offensive dispel spam too good versus most classes
    - Some specs being unplayable or 10x harder to play to be succesful compared to others
    Interrupts are fine. Pseudo-interrupts are another story (gouge, typhoon, etc).
    Some stun cooldowns should be changed to be more in line with the whole CC nerf, but yea 8s/12s kidney is extreme.
    Yep.
    Eh not really. Most every DK will use IBF and desecrate on the first CC.
    This is a survival-only complaint, and SV is fucking BROKEN.
    Not really. Maybe a bit crazy.
    Kinda.
    Same complaint every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    This is a survival-only complaint, and SV is fucking BROKEN.
    Survival's traps is the only way to keep fucking burst of skill rogues off of me. I stopped playing MM because I just HAD it with fucking rogues spamming burst of skill and being on me 24/7. Yes, I know BoS requires energy but it's not expensive enough.

Can't even imagine what other ranged classes do that don't have so much cc as hunters, against rogues, they probably just bend over.

Take away survival's 12 sec traps but first take away fucking burst of skill.

Things that are currently broken in pvp and need fixing?

Holinka

Yes, you're right... You're defending a game played by millions, called a massively multiplayer but developed by a team that thinks it's some accomplishment that they can balance around a whole fucking six people at one time.

Could I do it better? No. But a premium game and a premium price means I have higher expectations.

It's cool and all that you'll ignore 1v1, 2v2, 5v5, 10v10, 15v15, 25v25 and 40v40 with a simple "but 3v3 is balanced", but don't expect everyone to be as complacent as you.

Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    Melee in general are to strong in this expansion they have retained too much utility when most caster classes were gutted.

Maybe you need to get better?Are you actually trying to imply dks are bad (lol)? because theres no shortage of dks at high rating and they are one of the stronger melees in general, who needs mobilty when you have AMS, grip and spammable slows.
    I mean are you talking about 1v1's or something? Im talking abour arena or rbg where you have teammates who will dispell give you freedoms and set you up with stuns/cc a good team wont just grip randomly they grip into a hoj or w/e never giving you breathing room to kite and cast, i dont really care if your being kited by hunters in random bgs.
    No shortage of DKs at high rating? Try agian. They are the 3rd least represented class above 2200, only beating Mages and Monks. In fact, every class has a spec ahead of the top DK spec (frost) except Monks.
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2014-12-26 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    In my head broken = every team over 2.1 RBG running with 3 boomkins 2-3 dks in its setup and ofc the obligatory disc priest in it. PvP at the high level will tell you what needs fixing.

As someone who plays rogue I will object on 2 things:
    1. Burst of speed is a very expensive mobility utility and though its extremely good I am sure you have noticed every other class has equal value or equivalent talents/skills.
    2. The combat stun is indeed OP but at the same time it still requires timing/skill/understanding of the works same as every other player CC chain in the game ie a mage.

Please don't jump into generic conclusions like "8 sec stun" when you don't complain about other class 8 sec CC chains that simply have different icons and spell names involved.

P.S. I don't play combat its extremely weak outside the utility of a big stun where someone else finishes you. As for burst of speed, I guess you would like rogues to simply be a punch bag?
    Who cares about RBGs, it's not like people actually legitimately play them anyway. Have fun queuing against speedhacking Australians every three games at any MMR.