New Graphics Card?

Hey all. I'm currently using the Radeon HD 5850 which has been doing me well but im worried about how it will run games such as Battlefield 3 and future games. I've been out of the loop with graphics cards for awhile but now im getting back into PC gaming and have no idea what to look for. Is a upgrade needed? And if so what are the bargain deals for graphics cards now that provide a good bang for your buck? I'm looking for relatively cheapER ones, but its hard to find as an Australian with Amazon and Newegg being US based, especially when you have no idea what you're looking for.

Anyone able to help a fellow gamer out? Would be greatly appreciated

How much are you looking to spend and what is your current setup?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    How much are you looking to spend and what is your current setup?

To be honest I was hoping nothing over $150-200 (Is that expensive?), not sure if it sounds cheap but as I said ive got no idea what im looking for haha

MY current setup is:

- Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 PRocessor 3.40 GHz
    - RAM: 4GB
    - Windows 7 64 Bit
    - Graphics Card: Radeon HS 5850
    - Motherboard: GIGABYTE 880GA-UD3H

If you need any more information please let me know
    Last edited by Darkvolcos; 2014-12-25 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    If I were you, and only wanted to spend $100-200, I would look at getting a used card.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gigabyte-...item2c93a6d101

and

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MSI-GeFor...item339aa8c4ed

are both really good cards, and will max out BF3 at 1080p. The 7970 is the same card as the current lineups R9 280x.

And neither of those cards will stay below 200(and will likely end up over 300 by the time they end) by the time the auction ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvolcos View Post
    If you need any more information please let me know
    What about the model of the power supply?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

And neither of those cards will stay below 200(and will likely end up over 300 by the time they end) by the time the auction ends.

What about the model of the power supply?
    How do i find that out sorry? Will i need to open up my pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Dologalot View Post
    If I were you, and only wanted to spend $100-200, I would look at getting a used card.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gigabyte-...item2c93a6d101

and

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MSI-GeFor...item339aa8c4ed

are both really good cards, and will max out BF3 at 1080p. The 7970 is the same card as the current lineups R9 280x.
    Ill keep an eye out on those auctions, thanks for the ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvolcos View Post
    How do i find that out sorry? Will i need to open up my pc?
    Yes you will You shouldn't need to remove it or anything, just find the make & model that should be on the sticker on the side.

Yes you will You shouldn't need to remove it or anything, just find the make & model that should be on the sticker on the side.
    Sorry for the wait. Its model number is AC Input 115/230V, 50/60Hz and is a 850W power supply by the company Hytec Premium. Is that enough info?

Wow that is a piece of crap o.O

In your price-range you can get a R9 270 for about $180 or so, thought I would save up a bit more($300 -350) and get a new PSU + a R9 285/280X or something similar.

Wow that is a piece of crap o.O

In your price-range you can get a R9 270 for about $180 or so, thought I would save up a bit more($300 -350) and get a new PSU + a R9 285/280X or something similar.
    Yeah its about a 4-5 year old computer hahaha. Thank you for the help. Ill try fork some money into to to get it up to scratch. Are the rest of the components alright?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get an R9 280x used, for around 150E. Dont trust anyone telling you that you wont find it at that price. That is the correct price. Market is full of R9 280x`s and with the upcoming R9 380x and R9 390x prices will go down even more. You can get a new R9 290x at 300$ which is a top end gpu. http://www.newegg.com/GIGABYTE/BrandStore/ID-1314

Quote Originally Posted by adibandi View Post
    snip
    Used Radeons are a bad idea thanks to them being used widely for coin mining.

Used Radeons are a bad idea thanks to them being used widely for coin mining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're going to want to look at adding more RAM as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by adibandi View Post
    Get an R9 280x used, for around 150E. Dont trust anyone telling you that you wont find it at that price. That is the correct price. Market is full of R9 280x`s and with the upcoming R9 380x and R9 390x prices will go down even more. You can get a new R9 290x at 300$ which is a top end gpu. http://www.newegg.com/GIGABYTE/BrandStore/ID-1314
    Ok thanks alot guys appreciate all the help ill invest abit into my computer more. Appreciate all the help