10+ Year Old Account

Moonkin rotation spell casting and stats

Hey guys. Got a few things I need to clear up here.

1. Spell cast: does the spell take the effect of the Eclipse it is already in at the time of cast or the Eclipse at the time it hits?

2. I usually pop Inc at 2 sec before pull with pot and then CA at lunar peak while I see a lot of moonkins pop CA at zero. Which is better? Or is there no difference?

3. A lot of moonkins have been claiming that stat priority is int> mastery> multistrike> haste>=crit> versatility. Is this correct?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. When it hits.

2. inc + CA, no reason to delay.

3. int > mastery >= crit > haste > multistrike > versatility

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    1. When it hits.

2. inc + CA, no reason to delay.

3. int > mastery >= crit > haste > multistrike > versatility
    Is it not better to hold the Eclipse at 100 lunar while popping starfires when Inc is up?

CA already grants maximum eclipse bonus

I tend to delay CA, but that's more due to my raids tactics usually involving movement in the first few seconds of the encounter, so popping it right away would waste uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I tend to delay CA, but that's more due to my raids tactics usually involving movement in the first few seconds of the encounter, so popping it right away would waste uptime.
    or you could glyph it, or tell your guild to stop being special xD
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Is it not better to hold the Eclipse at 100 lunar while popping starfires when Inc is up?
    CA always grants you your maximum bonus for eclipse.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    1. When it hits.
    Wait, it calculates the effect of eclipse when it hits or when it finishes casting? I've always been told/under the impression that spell dmg are calculated upon the completion of cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wootie View Post
    Wait, it calculates the effect of eclipse when it hits or when it finishes casting? I've always been told/under the impression that spell dmg are calculated upon the completion of cast.
    yeah thats what i meant. when the cast is done you have whatever procs/buffs at that time. travel time is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by wootie View Post
    All effects on the caster are calculated at cast. All effects on the target are calculated on hit.

Exception is anything that affects cast time, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Hey guys. Got a few things I need to clear up here.

1. Spell cast: does the spell take the effect of the Eclipse it is already in at the time of cast or the Eclipse at the time it hits?

2. I usually pop Inc at 2 sec before pull with pot and then CA at lunar peak while I see a lot of moonkins pop CA at zero. Which is better? Or is there no difference?

3. A lot of moonkins have been claiming that stat priority is int> mastery> multistrike> haste>=crit> versatility. Is this correct?

Thanks.
    I usually start fights like this:

1. Use incarnation (1 sec before pull)
    2. Wait for global cooldown to be ready again (since incarnation triggers global cooldown, popping pot or alignment wastes ~1 sec of them)
    3. Start running to your position while using alignment + pot, then cast moonfire asap.
    4. Start your lunar rotation, but refresh your sunfire before alignment wears off.

The stat priority you mention is for fights with 2 or more targets, multistrike seems very nice for multi dotting
    Last edited by Hovsa; 2014-12-28 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    Start your lunar rotation, but refresh your sunfire before alignment wears off.
    Assuming you're using Euphoria it seems like refreshing before leaving CA is just excessive clipping. The sunfire from the initial application will drop almost exactly when you enter Solar. Since snapshotting no longer exists, this just seems like an inefficient GCD during our most powerful part of a fight.