Windows 8.1 has no back arrow?

Long story short, my dad got a laptop for Christmas. iv set everything up for him. Hes very old and not computer savy. He likes stuff simple. Hes learned the interface fine.

I have all his top websites on the front page where they put apps. about 10 boxes for him all his top websites.

If he goes to the website by clicking the square app. It will come up in a slick window. with a exit minimize. and thats it. It has a small circle in the top left that you can left click scroll down and hit back or forward. or hit backspace. obviously all 3 are annoying.

Does anyone have any idea how to add a back button to windows 8.1 apps? I get it's probably made for touch screens to slide and such. but surely they didn't just remove the damn back button.

If I open from the desktop on google it has a back button as youd expect. but he really likes all he sites on the front panel where apps go. If possible id like to keep it there.

There's no back arrow because there's no previous page if you open browser straight to a site from icon on desktop or metro UI. Home button should work to pop up home page if that is set.

Run Windows Update. This is what the latest version of IE11 looks like:

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just download Classic Shell for free (or Staart8 for $5 which is easier to configure), hide the Metro interface using it, and avoid from downloading programs as apps. Every single program your dad would use has a standard program version, like Skype will automatically download as an app but if you install the "Desktop Version" from the site then it's a standard program.

I haven't used the Metro interface since the day I installed Windows 8 when it first came out.

It's your dad's choice but the option is there so just a suggestion based on what most people prefer.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |