Deleted

Highmaul Mage tricks

I've seen a few similar threads in other class forums but not found one for mages yet.

I thought it would be a good idea to post the neat tricks you perform to help you through highmaul.

We don't necessarily have to focus on these raid bosses but it's a start at least.

I shall start with some examples:

- Alter time before moving if Kargath targets you with zerker rush so you instantly return to your spot (even more helpful if you use RoP)
    - Rapid displacement glyph to blink back and forth has similar effectiveness.

- Arcane standing under the rejuvenation shroom (blue) is amazing in the Brackenspore fight.

- Use Ice floes just before Butchers bounding cleave to still cast while being knocked back.

- Greater Invis the fire debuff off on twins fight.
    - Ice floes + blink means you should avoid these anyway.
    - I didn't get interrupted from the interrupting shout while I was casting on the move. (With ice floes) This only happened once and have not tried to replicate yet. Needs testing.

- Blink away from frost orb on ko'ragh

- Blink through Margoks nova ability.

That's my input, would love to hear any nifty tricks people use.

Outside of raids, ice floes is great for mounting on the move.

Most of yours aren't really tricks, but just general things all mages should be doing.

Frost orb on Ko'ragh can be negated by a druid's stampeding roar, freedom, tiger's lust, etc. Maybe blazing speed removes it, but we have enough druids to roar each one.

Double Blink + Ice Block + BoP if you need it = full duration kite on kargath.

Greater Invis infesting spores on Brackenspore.

Quote Originally Posted by Patent View Post
    - Blink away from frost orb on ko'ragh
    Uh....it does raid wide damage regardless of positioning. How does blinking affect it?

I do however know that if you have quick reflexes, you can cast Greater Invisibility when Expel Magic: Frost is being casted on you, cancelling his cast and the several million raid damage that it does. You need to be quick because the cast time is ~1 sec.

On Butcher:
    If you stand with your back tight against the wall under the hanging meat you dont get knocked into the air allowing you more cast time.
    If you are taking the bounding cleave you can cast alter time right after the dbm counter says one and it will revert you back imediately after the cleave any earlier and you will muck it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    Uh....it does raid wide damage regardless of positioning. How does blinking affect it?

I do however know that if you have quick reflexes, you can cast Greater Invisibility when Expel Magic: Frost is being casted on you, cancelling his cast and the several million raid damage that it does. You need to be quick because the cast time is ~1 sec.
    You blink so you aren't permanently slowed and get rofl pwned by suppression field?

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    You blink so you aren't permanently slowed and get rofl pwned by suppression field?
    Or use the blink WHEN the boss is about to charge on you..

Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    Frost orb on Ko'ragh can be negated by a druid's stampeding roar, freedom, tiger's lust, etc. Maybe blazing speed removes it, but we have enough druids to roar each one.
    Just wanted to confirm that Blazing Speed does suppress the slow from the frost orb for its duration.

10+ Year Old Account

It only does the raid wide damage upon its cast though, its pulses only apply the slow, not damage, so I believe he's saying you can just sit in the area with the frost orb and blink away if he targets you with his charge.

If that's true then it's really cool and should probably work with other classes (feign death, vanish).

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    If that's true then it's really cool and should probably work with other classes (feign death, vanish).
    Definitely works for Invisibility (Log), awesome tip Komman!

00:01:05.927 Ko'ragh begins casting Expel Magic: Frost
    00:01:07.424 Ko'ragh casts Expel Magic: Frost
    00:02:32.985 Ko'ragh begins casting Expel Magic: Frost
    00:02:34.001 Troopcsd casts Greater Invisibility

00:03:58.409 Ko'ragh begins casting Expel Magic: Frost
    00:03:59.845 Ko'ragh casts Expel Magic: Frost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troopcsd View Post
    Definitely works for Invisibility (Log), awesome tip Komman!

00:01:05.927 Ko'ragh begins casting Expel Magic: Frost
    00:01:07.424 Ko'ragh casts Expel Magic: Frost
    00:02:32.985 Ko'ragh begins casting Expel Magic: Frost
    00:02:34.001 Troopcsd casts Greater Invisibility

00:03:58.409 Ko'ragh begins casting Expel Magic: Frost
    00:03:59.845 Ko'ragh casts Expel Magic: Frost
    Yes, it works. We also did it when progressing Ko'ragh mythic. Hunters can also interrupt it.

If you are on Wrath duty on P3 of Imperator Mar'gok, you can Alter Time yourself when it's time to get rid of the debuff, then blink away, soak the damage and revert back immediately. Greater Invisibility allows to mitigate the damage too, and you can switch between them and get rid of every Wrath.

Also, glyph of Rapid Displacement is too convenient not to take on every fight, in my opinion.