Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've never paid anybody to be a part of my group, or bought a place in anybody else's. I never will.

I also don't get worked up about it, because I simply ignore them. What's the problem exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I ever paid for was a CM gold run to get my main on a low pop server carried by a group on a high pop server. I had gold flowing majorly all through MoP and I would have kicked myself forever if I didn't get my lock that set. I made the gold back in 5 hours. That CM gold set is now gone forever.

Don't tell me that most of you at this point would cough up major gold if you could somehow get your favorite class T3 set if given the chance.

I don't see the point in doing it for better gear but time sensitive rewards and incentives? Yeah, it was worth it to me. Paying to get better PVE gear? To me that is a waste of gold.

Oh and I've refused to tank PUG raids or LFR since I was learning Ultraxion. I've never encountered such abuse. I don't mind doing 5 mans or heroics at all but I'll be damned if I ever tank an LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    Given the way tanks get treated these days, they are lucky we don't charge DOUBLE for randoms.
    It's been some years since I last tanked, so I can't really comment on how it is in WoD. But back then, in Cata, I rarely experienced being treated poorly. In most cases, it's been the tanks whos been treating people like crap.
    It seems as though some tanks see themselves as the "better" players, because of the fact that they choose to tank, which only a minority of WoWs players do. It's like they think "if you didn't have me tanking this, you wouldn't be able to do anything. Therefore I'm better than you, so shut up and listen to me". That being said, of course not all tanks are like this. But I feel like many of tanks (at least those tanking random HC dungeons and the likes) behave poorly and put themselves on a pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I recently found out that the game moved to become a market place of gameplay, instead of offering gameplay no matter if you bring in gold to the group setup process.

There are tanks offering to tank heroics for gold. There are raiding guilds that offer gold runs for whatever-skilled players.

All of that cant be really the idea of playing a game. Shouldnt it be about just playing it, without the need to hire people to actually play a role you would need to have fun in a game like world of warcraft?

I think this is a highly toxic development. Gold should not be a means of playing content. And raiding guilds should just not be allowed to sell runs for people who do not actually play the game at all anymore.

What is your opinion about that?
    You don't ever need to pay anything for that. Just having that option isn't a toxic or forced behavior.

You can queue, you can ask in trade for groups, you can ask friends, you can ask guildies.

I recently found out that the game moved to become a market place of gameplay, instead of offering gameplay no matter if you bring in gold to the group setup process.

There are tanks offering to tank heroics for gold. There are raiding guilds that offer gold runs for whatever-skilled players.

All of that cant be really the idea of playing a game. Shouldnt it be about just playing it, without the need to hire people to actually play a role you would need to have fun in a game like world of warcraft?

I think this is a highly toxic development. Gold should not be a means of playing content. And raiding guilds should just not be allowed to sell runs for people who do not actually play the game at all anymore.

Gold is not a means of playing.

It is a way to either get something way above your skill level(boost), or skipping the queue by queuing with a tank.
    If anything, you should be complaining about the people doing raid or pvp boosts for real money
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    Given the way tanks get treated these days, they are lucky we don't charge DOUBLE for randoms.
    This kind of attitude of tank superiority is exactly what is wrong with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    This kind of attitude of tank superiority is exactly what is wrong with the community.
    It isn't tank superiority, it is being sick of being kicked because other people don't know what to do.
    I've been kicked because a hunter raged after his pet was spamtaunting and died because "omg retard tank can't hold aggro"
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

How new are you to the game? This behavior has existed nearly as long as the game has. That's not an exaggeration. Guilds used to sell old school Zul'aman runs back in the day for the war bear mount.

And yet the game still stands. Take your doomsday stand elsewhere.

Every week I see a post like this, and every week the OP writes it in a way to imply that the idea of offering currency for services is a new concept... Simple fact is if the demand exists people will supply, some people would rather pay someone to boost them for quick reward than put in the work of getting that reward them-self and as long as there happy what in the slightest does it have to do with you? Does seeing someone who didn't earn it running around with CM transmogs of mythic mounts upset you? I've never understood peoples frustration with things that have 0 actual effect on them, or anyone apart from the people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post

I'm intrigued by the idea of allowing groups with no tank to do dungeons, I do wonder how and if they'll manage to pull that off without people screeching about how dumbed down it would likely have to be.
    It's called scenarios. And it sucked greasy hippo testicles fermented in a jar of rancid mayonnaise.

Demand and Supply, obviously there are way more DPS than tanks and heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

There are apparently enough folks out there that believe that paying for carries = worthwhile, compelling gameplay. As long as this player exists, someone out there will provide a service for it.

*shrug*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There are apparently enough folks out there that believe that paying for carries = worthwhile, compelling gameplay. As long as this player exists, someone out there will provide a service for it.
    It's up to Blizzard to stop toxic game developments. As like making sold dungeon runs a bannable offense. Another idea is to raise the pool of roles in demand. As like tanking as roles for nowadays pure damage dealers. Inflate the role to a lot of classes and its probably not worth to pay it anymore.

There is a difference between nowadays practices and former rare occassions where people bought runs: The practice to sell runs seems to be the standard. The market place went out of control.

The toxic part is that the community moves from helpful and cooperative to greedy and self centered. In total.

Nothing i actually would support as a game developer.

"Sure you may run dungeons as a new player. If you can afford it."
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-12-26 at 08:32 AM.

It's up to Blizzard to stop toxic game developments. As like making sold dungeon runs a bannable offense. Another idea is to raise the pool of roles in demand. As like tanking as roles for nowadays pure damage dealers. Inflate the role to a lot of classes and its probably not worth to pay it anymore.

There is a difference between nowadays practices and former rare occassions where people bought runs: The practice to sell runs seems to be the standard. The market place went out of control.

The toxic part is that the community moves from helpful and cooperative to greedy and self centered. In total.

Nothing i actually would support as a game developer.

"Sure you may run dungeons as a new player. If you can afford it."
    You don't have to pay anything. There's a queue system that allows anyone to run dungeons. There are guilds and pugs that allow you to run raids. Literally nothing has changed. You will never have to spend gold to get something done as long as you are a solid player that can earn your own spot.

You sound greedier than the people charging money for their services. "I can't run the content on my own merits and I can't afford to get carried, so BLIZZARD SHOULD BAN IT!" You talk about how toxic the community is and you can't even realize how entitled you sound?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-12-26 at 06:33 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

*shrug*
    You can't really think that paying for a tank queue = paying to afk through a raid...

Deleted
    I think it's part of a healthy economy to sell services to be honest. People may say that it devalues achievements, but people get carried through things regardless of whether gold is involved. Any guild wanting to gear up a new member will power them through things. Since it's entirely 100% optional and I imagine the vast majority of players will go through their wow experience without paying someone to tank, so I don't really see the problem with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a highly toxic development.
    Oh my god fuck off. People have been doing this forever, it's just a way for people with more money then they know what to do with to get a small advantage. Shit, at the start of the expo I was selling heroic tank queues for anywhere between 500g-1k purely because I knew people would pay that much and I wanted both the extra cash and to fill my remaining gear slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I have tanked on many charactesr on the way to 100 and at 100 and I've never been treated poorly. What? If anything, healers get some unearned blame.
    You either are a bad tank or you don't tank enough. I got called a retard for wiping on the 3rd boss in Skyreach...and that was the last time I tanked for randoms. Full LFR/630 geared group, Pala healer, Hunter, Mage, Warlock DPS. The DPS were pulling under 6k DPS. At the boss they started chain killing the adds obviously on top of Ash piles and the group exploded. And then they have the fucking guts to say: "Kick this fucking retarded kid tank". Yeah... I'm sorry but fuck random people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I think it's part of a healthy economy to sell services to be honest.
    A healthy ingame economy would limit the items of trade to ingame crafting, and not to services which actually allow the game to be played.

Any guild wanting to gear up a new member will power them through things.
    But there is a difference between gearing up people for your raid group and gearing them up because they pay 100.000g. The first was to allow your group to progress, the second one is to allow a raiding guild to sell content you normally have to invest a lot of time and team work into for gold.

Since it's entirely 100% optional and I imagine the vast majority of players will go through their wow experience without paying someone to tank, so I don't really see the problem with it.
    I see the problem as the community forgets to be helpful, and just focuses on the own gain even when it comes to basic gameplay. And, as i said, that is highly toxic to a gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    A healthy ingame economy would limit the items of trade to ingame crafting, and not to services which actually allow the game to be played.
    A healthy in-game economy would let people trade whatever they feel has any amount of worth. Which includes hard to get things like a full Mythic clear.
    But there is a difference between gearing up people for your raid group and gearing them up because they pay you 100.000g.
    It has the difference than the 100k is useful no matter what and the people you gear up might leave for another guild as soon as they are geared.
    I see the problem as the community forgets to be helpful, and just focuses on the own gain even when it comes to basic gameplay. And, as i said, that is highly toxic to a gaming community.
    Person A doesn't need heroics anymore, he has a tank spec. Person B needs to do heroics and he doesn't have a tank spec. Person B pays person A to do some heroics with him so he can get in faster. Both person B and person A are happy.