Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    To be honest, don't think it was reversed because it was 'stupid' but just because it was weak, not over the fence.

Though, as it is over there isn't much problem.
    "Because it was weak" translates to stupid in my opinion. You shouldn;t be banned for a "weak" reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    "Because it was weak" translates to stupid in my opinion. You shouldn;t be banned for a "weak" reason.
    But he wasn't banned in the end, he just overreacted instead of having them investigated fast enough. A weak reason isn't the same as a stupid reason.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

But he wasn't banned in the end, he just overreacted instead of having them investigated fast enough. A weak reason isn't the same as a stupid reason.
    Sorry if I misunderstood, but wasn't he banned and then it was overturned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Sorry if I misunderstood, but wasn't he banned and then it was overturned?
    He was banned, made this thread to show how annoyed he was and so on, then he contacted them and it was reversed after I guess they looked through ban notes. So, in the end, it was all due to overreacting on something minor and under the fence - overreacting on both sides, not only Blizzard but the OP as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i got suspended for 3 days for saying in trade "I was fucking this guy in the ass and i reach around and felt his hard-on... what a fag"... obviously i didnt mean it that way... learn to read between the lines trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was banned, made this thread to show how annoyed he was and so on, then he contacted them and it was reversed after I guess they looked through ban notes. So, in the end, it was all due to overreacting on something minor and under the fence - overreacting on both sides, not only Blizzard but the OP as well.
    His case was pretty clear cut, he tried to act special by joining in a bunch of people with bantering in trade chat. some folks got offended and reported it, everyone in that moderation case is treated equal and no difference is made by how much more or less special you behaved and everyone gets the same treatment, same as you would do if you had to start cleaning out a thread if one person started it or joined in later on the nonsense all of those involved would see the same treatment.

By appealing his individual case got taken out of the group and looked at individually and thus seen as a lesser offense, fairly certain while the ban got revoked, a mark was made on his account, so the irony was is if it was looked at in context he would still be waiting for his account to unlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    His case was pretty clear cut, he tried to act special by joining in a bunch of people with bantering in trade chat. some folks got offended and reported it, everyone in that moderation case is treated equal and no difference is made by how much more or less special you behaved and everyone gets the same treatment, same as you would do if you had to start cleaning out a thread if one person started it or joined in later on the nonsense all of those involved would see the same treatment.

By appealing his individual case got taken out of the group and looked at individually and thus seen as a lesser offense, fairly certain while the ban got revoked, a mark was made on his account, so the irony was is if it was looked at in context he would still be waiting for his account to unlock.
    You are indeed right but remember, the natural behavior of feeling the victim was in this situation where the OP made the thread and all before even having them investigate it. He isn't some select case in his scenario there was others in the chat, and I am quite sure the others were approached as well.

I'm going to do you solid, something I learned 10 years ago.. /leave 1 followed by /leave trade (if trade wasn't 1).. enjoy life. Seriously, those channels no longer have a purpose. We have too many tools (such as LFG interface improvements) and so much access via addons and a ton of places very accessible that have bank/gbank/AH access. Those channels are viral and cancer and should be removed from the game sooner rather than later. That being said when by accident I have 1 open (sometimes it auto joins without my knowledge) and I see someone link a thunderfury with no enchant I correct them with one that has mongoose and then promptly leave the channel. I think it's the right thing to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor attempts at humor in trade chat should always be punished. Enjoy your 3 days off.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Sorry, but that is a very disturbing thing to say. You may want to go see a psychiatrist once or twice during your 72 hour ban to make sure you don't require therapy for saying something like that. Enjoy your ban.

You were banned for saying dog shit?

Sounds like people are growing up in a cave. Isn't that what they made the in-game filter for? If you don't want to see the word shit then turn it on?

If "eating dog shit is much more nutritious" is the worse thing you've ever read on the internet, then consider yourself lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I've been banned numerous times for this kind of shit. People are so fucking spineless. If it's the mature language, there's a filter. If it's the subject, get some thicker skin.

IMO you'd have to say something very racist/sexist or otherwise extremely offensive before I'd report it. Harassment is different, ofc, and should be reported even if no "bad language" is present.
    Ah yes, shit and piss are so "mature" words.
    This is fucking hilarious.
    See i used, fuck another mature word.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    So I just got banned for something I said in Trade Chat yet the entire conversation going on was surrounding said subject. I pull up my email and I find that I've been banned for 3 days, figures. The thing is, what it linked was something I said in Trade Chat that you know looks horrible but with the context it was actually in and what it was being regarded for was normal and understandable. I had a few people in my guild say that they don't like talking in Trade Chat because anything can be taken out of context and if you get reported it gets looked into regardless of whatever the subject was...

Alas I never had this issue in any other expansion (didn't play MoP) and suddenly it's happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Trade chat was joking around talking about drinking piss and I joked that, "eating dog shit is much more nutritious"... Word for word and I get a 72 hour ban. I'm not appealing it but I'm just slightly confused that I can't even joke around anymore without fear of a report.
    GMs would look at the surround chat too. They must have decided you are an offensive little twerp. If they had thought you were actually a pervert into eating faeces would have been a permanent ban I expect.
    Maybe just keep your private fun things to do to yourself. Sharing is not always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    What is wrong with you? I'm honestly curious. Like, you would seriously report him for that?

Ugh, society is a bunch of carebear pussies these days.
    Just because what he said regardless of context is acceptable to your standards its a certainty that many disagree with it, and obviously acted on it.
    Its Not a matter of carebear ... have you stopped to actually think that there maybe a lot of people who don't want to read things like what the OP said in the "TRADE" channel, if you want to talk about sick subjects even jokingly form a party or better yet keep it out of the game altogether.... as you do have children playing this game as well.

He stepped over the line and got a 3 day ban for it, working as intended imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Ah yes, shit and piss are so "mature" words.
    This is fucking hilarious.
    See i used, fuck another mature word.
    They really should not be labelled "mature" words, as there very very rarely used in mature conversations, traditionally the have always been labelled "offensive" or "Swear words" things you'd never say in polite conversation, now WoW chat will never be anything remotely like that as most people just used these words as they can't think of much else to say to express there opinion or to cheaply emphasise the point there making, hence it becomes common place.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    I've been banned numerous times for this kind of shit. People are so fucking spineless. If it's the mature language, there's a filter. If it's the subject, get some thicker skin.
    IMO you'd have to say something very racist/sexist or otherwise extremely offensive before I'd report it. Harassment is different, ofc, and should be reported even if no "bad language" is present.
    See, the thing is: It is not your place to tell people what they should or should not report, because...it is entirely up to them. If you did nothing wrong, nothing will happen to your account anyway; but if you did and do get punished, the report might not have been totally unwarranted,
    If you have been banned "numerous times" you might want to reconsider your behaviour, because obviously, you do not really know how to behave properly.

Yup. Took a 72 hr to the face. I also got banned once for sending a friend, coal in wrapping paying, COD for 5g. It was during Vanilla, when 5g meant something to people, and he didn't know my alt's name and didn't piece together the obvious clues. I officially got banned for Soliciting sales with subterfuge.

So everyone on mmoc is a lawyer suddenly and take everything super seriously and are straight laced people. Fuck would of never guessed.
    Its there game and they have a right to ban you for it. I agree that they should take context into consideration but you're literally whining and crying about this when its justified.

- - - Updated - - -

or.. maybe when I go to trade chat.. I want to trade rather then hear a bunch of immature jokes that have been repeated six million times. I really wish they would just change general chat into the anal spam and bs chat.

If you weren't using trade chat, you likely wouldn't have been banned or reported. You were likely banned by someone who was attempting to use the trade chat for trade purposes and couldn't do so because of the trolls. Once upon a time you could be reported and given warnings for even talking in trade chat about non-trade things. But that was many moons ago, now it's just the normal behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Just because what he said regardless of context is acceptable to your standards its a certainty that many disagree with it, and obviously acted on it.
    Its Not a matter of carebear ... have you stopped to actually think that there maybe a lot of people who don't want to read things like what the OP said in the "TRADE" channel, if you want to talk about sick subjects even jokingly form a party or better yet keep it out of the game altogether.... as you do have children playing this game as well.

He stepped over the line and got a 3 day ban for it, working as intended imo

- - - Updated - - -

They really should not be labelled "mature" words, as there very very rarely used in mature conversations, traditionally the have always been labelled "offensive" or "Swear words" things you'd never say in polite conversation, now WoW chat will never be anything remotely like that as most people just used these words as they can't think of much else to say to express there opinion or to cheaply emphasise the point there making, hence it becomes common place.
    Uhm, that is what i meant hence the "" signs, i just played with his own logic to show how stupid it was.

Because it doesn't explain that trade chat was all joking around. Who thought I was serious? Like would you take someone seriously popping into a trade chat banter and joining in? They were literally talking about drinking piss and how it was good for you albeit it was just joking.
    I think if you say things like that and join conversations like that, you shouldn't have problems understanding why Blizzard doesn't want you on the chat anymore.