Poll: Have you been forum banned?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Have you ever been forum banned (WoW Forums)?

Similar to the other thread (the one about being banned in-game), I just want to know if you've been banned from the forums before and if you felt you deserved it.

Edit: For clarification, the thread and the poll are meant to be about the official forums, not these forums :P.
    Last edited by PIsForPhuck; 2014-12-26 at 09:29 PM.

Perma banned two times. First time was back in TBC, then they did some revamp of the website and erased all bans, so I got another perma banned within the first month.

Always the same thing as the mods misinterpreted what I say for trolling or they considered absolute nonsense to be breaking the rules. The mods over there have huge sticks up their behinds. So no, it wasn't justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was banned several times from this forum (for trolling I guess... even though they weren't really trolls, just me making jokes that were off topic) and once from the wow forum because I was pissed off when I won a coliseum match and some fucktard Huntard stole my chest loot. I cussed a lot on the post I made, and even though all the swear words were filtered out, I still got a week ban for it. Which I couldn't care less considering I never used that forum before or since...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Oops, I need to report my OP and ask them to change it to say "in wow", which was really what I meant. You can talk about here too, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it wasn't justified, but it isn't my forums, and I don't get to make that call.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiix View Post
    I was banned for 72 hours for saying Alliance sucked at PvP. My reason was 'Harassment'
    Being biased and petty, I would have banned you because I roll Alliance, only it would have been perma banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I got banned from the forums for about a week many years ago. I can't fully remember what it was about anymore, but I do remember that I felt it was too harsh of a punishment.

They seem very draconic in their forum moderation. I guess they want to keep a spotless image of their community or something...
    They sort of fail there... Seems like a lot of people get away with saying things way worse than things I've been banned for saying. No one understands sarcasm there, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, never banned there either.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yes, I necroed some threads and it seems I also spammed. But hey, it was just few days.

Deleted
    No, never. I know how to behave

Deleted
    Perma banned twice. Still rolling on another account because i cant keep myself away from the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Perma banned two times. First time was back in TBC, then they did some revamp of the website and erased all bans, so I got another perma banned within the first month.

Always the same thing as the mods misinterpreted what I say for trolling or they considered absolute nonsense to be breaking the rules. The mods over there have huge sticks up their behinds. So no, it wasn't justified.
    With an attitude like yours it is no wonder you are banned tbh. Not everyone in the world loves you like your mummy does and allows you to do and say whatever you want. Have fun when (if) you get a job. Tend to think it will not last lang.

Banned on the EU forums for commenting in a "Most Retarded Sentences In WoW" thread (surely the whole thread was a joke thread anyway?)

I said: Ghostcrawler.

Apparently that constitutes as harassment

Had 1 ban and a few infractions here... I think? Not sure about the ban.

Some were stupid and clearly just a moderator having a bad day, others were fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Wasn't banned before the cataclysm change where it undid all bans. Banned shortly after for a 'real life threat' from a joke.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I recently did for saying that blizzard fucked shamans' only good glyph (ghostly speed)
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

15+ Year Old Account
    No, cause i think before i post stuff
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Yes it was justified, and i was banned for almost 3 years, the ban was lifted only a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Yes it was justified, and i was banned for almost 3 years, the ban was lifted only a few months ago.
    Okay I have to ask, how did you get it reversed after so long?

I was banned years ago on the old WoW forums, because I posted pictures of a gnome raid I led. There had been some kind of recent change to Counterspell that nerfed it, so I rallied up a bunch of mages, and we all rolled gnome mages on some server and went crazy in chat. People were getting silenced by GM's and put to sleep. I've still never seen anything like it in my time in WoW.

But yeah, posting pictures of it on the forums was a bad idea. Luckily when they changed the forums to the new ones my ban was lifted, and I don't do stuff like that anymore, lol.

Edit: Found the pictures, lol.

Last edited by Generical; 2014-12-27 at 03:15 AM.

I was banned for 3 days because some goober thought that the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?", rather than being a rhetorical criticism of the person presenting a loaded question, was actually accusing someone of being a wife beater.

Deleted
    No. I have never been banned from any forums I use.