Deleted

Two on-use trinkets

Hey. I got some weird luck with loot, and I'm wondering how could I get the most out of it.
    I bought Copeland's clarity and a 640 Sandman earlier. Today, I got mythic Shards of Nothing from the follower mission. I know, I'm a lucky bastard.

Now, mythic Shards is 685 ilvl with a massive 302 intellect passive, so I would use it over the 640 Sandman, but that means using two on-use trinkets with copeland. And of course, they have the 20 seconds shared CD, so I could never stack them together.
    The haste on-use of shards is also worthless for making demonbolt/soul fire or chaos bolt hit harder, which is the two specs I use at the moment.

What do you guys think? Would Shards still be worth it just for the passive int and haste on use mostly wasted on faster resource generating?

I recently had the same situation on my warlock. Copeland's, 640 Sandman, but only a 670 SoN. Regardless of fight length, the Sandman was quite a bit better than SoN for destro. However for demo on a 240s fight (Butcher), a 670 SoN was almost a 1k dps increase. If you want to sim your own character, make sure you put Copeland's higher than SoN on the APL. The difference is small, but its still an obvious thing to change.

I'd assume that you'd see similar results with a 685 SoN. My biggest problem was just getting used to another on use trinket with another bind. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orlok/advanced if you want to compare gear.

I coined mythic SoN last week and my current set-up at the time was Copeland's and 655 Runestone. No matter what combination I simmed for both destro and demo it was came out as a loss to use two on-use trinkets. And SoN + Runestone came out at around ~1k dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    I recently had the same situation on my warlock. Copeland's, 640 Sandman, but only a 670 SoN. Regardless of fight length, the Sandman was quite a bit better than SoN for destro. However for demo on a 240s fight (Butcher), a 670 SoN was almost a 1k dps increase. If you want to sim your own character, make sure you put Copeland's higher than SoN on the APL. The difference is small, but its still an obvious thing to change.

I'd assume that you'd see similar results with a 685 SoN. My biggest problem was just getting used to another on use trinket with another bind. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orlok/advanced if you want to compare gear.
    Rock Aff for Butcher man and double on use clairty/son, logs on private but i got an easy top 25 us/eu if you include every classes parse (mages/rets etc)
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    double on use clairty/son
    Double on-use? How do you prioritize using them?
    Last edited by striderZA; 2014-12-27 at 07:00 AM.

Just FYI when you use copeland it puts SoN on a 30 second cooldown, when you use SoN it puts copeland on a 30s cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    Just FYI when you use copeland it puts SoN on a 30 second cooldown, when you use SoN it puts copeland on a 30s cooldown.
    It's a 20s cooldown, and it's not exclusive to those two trinkets. Any on use trinkets function the same way.

I am personally going thru the same sort of debate atm. Currently 2/7M and been playing Demo for my main spec been using CC+670 (with a socket) runestone.

However, on prog brackenspore im needed to go Destro for the use of havoc for the adds though I really tried to put my case up that I would be better as demo on that fight :/

I currently have all the mats to make a 670 Sandmans pouch to use with CC on that fight, and then I guess when i get lucky to get a SoN from mythic twins I will use that + my CC for my demo spec, does that make sense? Or is it just better to use the CC+runestone for destro as well?

Any advice I appreciate

10+ Year Old Account
    I have them both two and wonder the same!
    I usually always run aff, any info which I should use first I was thinking copeland then shards
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple