Transmog: Request Blizz send them a reward from a completed quest?

As the title says, I'm curious if anyone has ever submitted a ticket asking for a quest reward to be mailed to them from a quest they completed a long time ago and actually gotten said item.

The Crazy Cenarion Cloak goes really well with the paladin CM set or with some Stormwind sets, but unfortunately my paladin either picked something else or sold/deleted it, and there is no other cloak exactly like it (there's a short version from another quest, I believe), and as my main he completed this years ago before transmog even existed.

I've always been sad I don't have it and can't get it, but obviously my only choices are to deal with it or start a new paladin. But has anyone ever gotten a GM to send them an old reward?
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2014-12-27 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    I will reply to you, then delete my post later this evening to keep my postcount.
    yes i have had GM's restore old items from quests several times.
    i remember getting a few BC quest items back in cata. Like the Torn heart Axe for my warrior and Bow for my hunter.

Goodluck Forumchibi! =)
    Awesome, thanks! Guess I'll give it a try. Couldn't hurt anyway, was just wondering if they were adamant about that or not. And grats on your neat 1,000 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I too have had GM's restore things from early quests. There was a quest that gave a rocket chicken. Starts in Tanaris and ends in Booty Bay, I think. I completed this quest during BC on my main... and didn't have the patience to do it again on alts. I deleted it for bag space before the pet tab was a thing.

I asked a GM for it to be restored during Cata. They gave it to me.
    Well that's a little more hopeful too, then. Thanks for the response!

I asked a gm for the bow from outland shadow moon valley, since i had already done the quest in bc, but the gm just explained that they were unable to restore said item if it wasn't in the restore item menu on My battle.net anymore.

it really does depend on the GM. Hope you get a cooperative one

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    it really does depend on the GM. Hope you get a cooperative one
    Depends on this, I tried getting an item back about a year ago or so (can't remember which, but was from past content) the GM I got in contact with refused to restore said item, because it would grant me an "unfair advantage" and sent me to the item restore site which had a VERY limited time range for lost items

Good luck

Got my response today, unfortunately was denied. Oh well.

It was an interesting (though probably generic and unreliable) reply though:

"I understand your hunt for transmog items. We do not restore quest items from the past since we do not have the logs any longer. We are improving the way transmog works so we may have a solution for the future for this, but I am afraid we are not able to do anything at this time."
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2014-12-27 at 09:29 PM.

I've been denied something like 5 times for the same item over the course of a few years. Really wish I knew the criteria, or if I just kept getting the lame GMs.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

10+ Year Old Account
    If the item is still on the item restoration list, even you can do it yourself. More than that and you're out of luck most likely.

I asked 3 different GM's for a quest reward item from EPL (did it back in Cataclysm, upon the revamp) and all 3 gave me different answers as to why they couldn't. One said they couldn't return items if there was no achievement related to it, other said Blizzard had no records of what a character/account has done ingame for more than 1 year, and the other said they couldn't restore quest rewards when the quest offered a choice in items.

Godspeed, beautiful offhand lantern.

I have since collected a similar offhand from SFK, but the memory of those GM's unhelpfulness (?) remains...

Blizzard changed their policy on item restorations during MoP - if it can't be recovered by the automated web service, tough shit.

GM's are under orders not to restore items unless you've been the victim of a scam or violated account.

If you have no joy here an alternative (maybe) http://www.wowhead.com/item=29369

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    As the title says, I'm curious if anyone has ever submitted a ticket asking for a quest reward to be mailed to them from a quest they completed a long time ago and actually gotten said item.

The Crazy Cenarion Cloak goes really well with the paladin CM set or with some Stormwind sets, but unfortunately my paladin either picked something else or sold/deleted it, and there is no other cloak exactly like it (there's a short version from another quest, I believe), and as my main he completed this years ago before transmog even existed.

I've always been sad I don't have it and can't get it, but obviously my only choices are to deal with it or start a new paladin. But has anyone ever gotten a GM to send them an old reward?
    It depends on the GM. a few of my friends have been shafted when trying this.

Deleted
    Another thing you might try is have them reset the quest. They don't have the reward log but they can see that you completed the quest long ago.

Only works if the quest is still available ofcourse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hnlntm View Post
    If you have no joy here an alternative (maybe) http://www.wowhead.com/item=29369
    I use that on my Paladin BWD/BoT HC set ^^

I had the Mini Mana Bomb restored on my rogue. I think they restored it because I received an automated response 3 times before an actual response, and I let them know about it in my tickets. The bomb isn't that old, but it was definitely not on my item restore list anymore
    Last edited by youtee; 2014-12-28 at 06:31 PM.

I've restored a toy item (quest reward) about a month ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing sometime around 5.1 and returned later on in 5.4. I can't remember exactly what it was, but there was a quest reward from leveling through MoP which had an item that was going to be in the upcoming toy chest I think, so I petitioned to have it restored and they did so pretty quickly. I'd say it was at least 1 1/2 years, probably closer to 2, since I had completed that quest when they restored it. If you're talking about something from many years ago it may be more difficult or not granted, but they will do it when they can so you have nothing to lose by asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    The week before WoD launched I had several lost quest items restored for xmog. I wrote in my ticket that I had already checked to make sure I had completed the quests (from BC, during BC) and that the items were not available for me to do my own restoration. The first response I got for the first item was a canned denied response telling me to check and make sure I did the quests, which I wrote in my original ticket that I had. I put the ticket back in and added that my first ticket was not even read, the second GM restored the item (which was mailed to me) and I put in a ticket for the next item, which was also mailed to me.

The whole process took a few days but I got the xmog pieces I wanted. Just keep trying OP, and give them as much information as possible.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

While it has been a couple of days now, if I put in another ticket, will they care? Or would they consider it some sort of harassment? :P